The online racing simulator
Changing Guilders
(74 posts, started )
Changing Guilders
I have had a 10 guilder note sitting on my desk for a few years now & I cant find a way to change it here in the UK.

Do any of you Dutch racers know how I can change it into euro's? I could even post it to you.
Most Bureau de Changes will change it. Most travel agents probably won't.
Quote from tristancliffe :Most Bureau de Changes will change it. Most travel agents probably won't.

But I think the problem here is that it's an old currency which hasn't been used in a few years anymore when Netherlands switched to Euro like other civilized European countries.

I don't know how you would change the money, and is it even worth doing it, keep it and sell it for some collector later perhaps?.Here national bank still changes the old money to euro, but no idea what it's like in Netherlands.
#4 - Gil07
I think you can't change them anymore...
You can change them, but you have to pay for it. Ten guilders = €4,50. You'd better keep it

Post #2000!!!

It will be worth something mate, why not keep it? Keep all the current British Currency too hehe, before WE get Euro'ed
#7 - Ian.H
Quote from BlueFlame :It will be worth something mate, why not keep it? Keep all the current British Currency too hehe, before WE get Euro'ed

Can't see it happening.. at least hoping it don't!

Euros look like monopoly money and I ain't european, I'm English

Rergards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Can't see it happening.. at least hoping it don't!

Euros look like monopoly money and I ain't european, I'm English

Rergards,

Ian

English Arrogance at its best
I don't think its ever gonna happen either, I was just being melodramatic
#9 - Ian.H
heh.. I'm proud to be English (was a lot more so before our serious immigration problem descended upon us). Now I'm almost a damn minority in my own country!

That said, I haven't long come back from Amsterdam and the only 2 spots of bother my bro and I had to walk away from, were caused by English northern monkeys not knowing how to handle their beer! (not that that should be a surprise I guess.) The locals were very accomodating and a great laugh to sit in a bar with No idea about guilders though.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :heh.. I'm proud to be English (was a lot more so before our serious immigration problem descended upon us). Now I'm almost a damn minority in my own country!

That said, I haven't long come back from Amsterdam and the only 2 spots of bother my bro and I had to walk away from, were caused by English northern monkeys not knowing how to handle their beer! (not that that should be a surprise I guess.) The locals were very accomodating and a great laugh to sit in a bar with No idea about guilders though.
Regards,

Ian

I agree with our Immigration Pollicy problems.
But, I am a Northerner haha, watch it meight!
Its the North South Divide. We have 2 different Cultures. Thats why, southerners think London is cool, whereas most people above the divide, seem to like Scotland and Wales more... Maybe its just cos we don't have any friends. So we are looking for open space. Or maybe we are just smart
Quote from BlueFlame :I agree with our Immigration Pollicy problems.
But, I am a Northerner haha, watch it meight!
Its the North South Divide. We have 2 different Cultures. Thats why, southerners think London is cool, whereas most people above the divide, seem to like Scotland and Wales more... Maybe its just cos we don't have any friends. So we are looking for open space. Or maybe we are just smart

heh, actually that was a bit generalised. Not too northern, but one of my Cousins lives in Sheffield, so I guess classified as 'Northern' (being north of Watford ).. I just had a bad experience with a few on the stag weekend and ironically, my mate who's getting married on the 6th of next month is marrying a bird from "soony scoony".. god help the poor man!

I'd be very happy to move out of London right now. Never thought I would, always been a "Laaandan boy"... but now, some peace and quiet wouldn't go amiss

Regards,

Ian
No Offence to anyone, but seriously. London deserves to burn. Like 14million people like there. Thats more than the populations of Wales, Nothern Ireland, Iceland , Norway, and the Isle of Man, put together.... in 1 CITY? London is not New York, but still, America is big enough to Harbour a city that big, the UK isn't. Thats just my opinion, I think Scousers and Cockneys get on well anyway, cos they are both potty mouths, thats why I get on with Cockneys anyway :P

Quote from Ian.H :heh.. I'm proud to be English (was a lot more so before our serious immigration problem descended upon us). Now I'm almost a damn minority in my own country!

Yeah, 90% or whatever is practically a minority! SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! :rolleyes:

Incidentally: There are more ex-pat Brits living in other countries than there are foreign people resident in the UK. In the interests of balance, we should really be inviting more immigrants.
Quote :No Offence to anyone, but seriously. London deserves to burn. Like 14million people like there. Thats more than the populations of Wales, Nothern Ireland, Iceland , Norway, and the Isle of Man, put together.... in 1 CITY? London is not New York, but still, America is big enough to Harbour a city that big, the UK isn't.

Agreed. London is an overpopulated, polluted, ugly s***hole IMO. I don't see the appeal personally. I mean, there's not even one decent transport option (except the DLR, which doesn't cover much of the place anyway).

Quote :Its the North South Divide. We have 2 different Cultures. Thats why, southerners think London is cool, whereas most people above the divide, seem to like Scotland and Wales more

I think you just found a southerner who much prefers Wales to London

Quote :Now I'm almost a damn minority in my own country!

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that in the Daily Mail forums?
Quote from TiJay :Agreed. London is an overpopulated, polluted, ugly s***hole IMO. I don't see the appeal personally. I mean, there's not even one decent transport option (except the DLR, which doesn't cover much of the place anyway).

I think you just found a southerner who much prefers Wales to London

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that in the Daily Mail forums?

It's extemely relieving to know some Southerners have a brain too. At VW Shows, they always seem to mistake Diesels for being 1.8T's which is highly annoying too haha but thats another story. I would prefer Liverpool to be the capital of the UK, the Queen doesn't have to live in the capital city, AFAIK, she has homes everywhere anyway.
It can be like Scotland. The Capital is the lesser populated City. Just look at Austrailia. I bet not many people have even HEARD of Canberra haha

P.S. Kev. If you think its 90%, just take a look around.
It's morelike 70% and getting lower and lower
Oh no wait, your right Kev, it IS 90%, because these Immigrants magically become English and I never understood why people will accept that.

If a Horse is born in a Kennel, does that make it a Dog?
Cardiff for the capital of the entire UK!
Wasn't it possible to exchange dutch guilders in a Free Record Shop, or even buy stuff with guilders?
It's not .
Quote from BlueFlame :I would prefer Liverpool to be the capital of the UK, the Queen doesn't have to live in the capital city, AFAIK, she has homes everywhere anyway.

Well Liverpool certainly needs something to bring some cash in. It's been a self-consuming shithole for the last 20+ years.

Quote from BlueFlame :P.S. Kev. If you think its 90%, just take a look around.
It's morelike 70% and getting lower and lower

Taking a look around is considered by many scientists to be the best method of statistical analysis available. I wonder if you can spot a Polish bloke by looking around, or if it's just dark-skinned people you don't like.

Not wanting to put any dampeners on your entirely unfounded burning rage or anything, but even 70% isn't "nearly a minority".

Quote from BlueFlame : Oh no wait, your right Kev, it IS 90%, because these Immigrants magically become English and I never understood why people will accept that.

The bit I don't understand is why people swallow ridiculous concepts like nationalism and get all puffed up about them. Nationalism only exists to encourage you to sign up for whatever cause a politician wants lots of people he's never met and doesn't give a toss about killed for.

You were saying the other day that you're from a place that was invaded by the Vikings centuries ago. You're probably no more English than anybody else who lives here.
What does differently coloured skin have to do with anything Kev.

Just answer the question. If a Horse is born in a kennel, does it make it a Dog?
Quote from BlueFlame :What does differently coloured skin have to do with anything Kev.

Because you apparently base your assumption of the immigrant proportion of the population of the UK by "looking around". How exactly does that work then?

Quote from BlueFlame : Just answer the question. If a Horse is born in a kennel, does it make it a Dog?

If a dog is born in a kennel but it has 100% horse DNA and looks just like a horse, is it a dog or a horse?

I'm beginning to understand why everybody's got you on ignore.
If someone gives birth in your house, does that make the baby part of your Family?
So you believe that people who move here and achieve British citizenship aren't British, and their offspring aren't British. Who is? You, I suppose, not the queen because her family are German. Who else?
You prove your nationality by, learning and practicing the culture of the Nationality you wish. I'm sure there is Indians or Muslims that went on holiday, but nobody will ever know that they were 'british' when they were speaking Punjabi e.t.c.

Part of a Nationality is pride. The culture is pride. If you don't conform with the culture, what do you have to be proud about? Alot of the older generation of these immigrants, are not willing to intergrate. They are just looking for a safe place to live and because they only choose to act like they did when they were living back in their birthplace, (forced marriages, honour killings, human sacrifice and slavery)this country has become just as bad.

Changing Guilders
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG