The online racing simulator
Mclaren 2008
(87 posts, started )
Quote from AstroBoy :i mean who ever heard of Lewis Hamilton on a large scale other then his F1 career?

Hamilton was very well known even in his karting days, hell his name and picture were slapped over the covers of the `Karting magazine` every other month.

Quote :Anyway i did see Spa and my god Alonsa and Hamilton, did u see Alonso try and take out Hamilton right at the start, some role model he is, stubbon prick

It was aggressive driving, nothing wrong with it. Hamilton drove himself off the track by hanging on around the outside. Can't help but laugh at Hamilton bubbling about this little move, lets look back to Silverstone in 06... I seem to remember him forcing two cars over the grass at considerably higher speeds.
Quote from keiran : Can't help but laugh at Hamilton bubbling about this little move, lets look back to Silverstone in 06... I seem to remember him forcing two cars over the grass at considerably higher speeds.

this? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8D0g0SmB0 Top quality pass if u ask me.
Yes, that move. Having seen it in person (right in front of me as they apexed), watched it on TV from numerous angles, and read about it, I am confident in saying...

...it was an awful piece of driving, dangerous, and required massive cooperation from the other drivers to avoid an accident. The other drivers have since, publically, said it was okay, but that doesn't change my opinion at all. He forced drivers off the road onto the grass at over 160mph - slightly difference to being forced wide onto tarmac at 40mph.

In fact, that pass is one of the reasons I think Hamilton isn't all special compared to his peers. If Schumi had done it everyone would be crying about it.
At first I was like wow what commitment, but read Tristans post and yea, totally agree, the guy on the outside would normally come in because he would only have been able to see the car in the middle. How he managed to know Lewis was there and left that much room was very sporting on his behalf, just a shame he went wide and paid the price for it.
Quote from DeKo :that actually wouldnt be such a bad idea. He's been out-performing the car all season, he deserves a chance in a decent car to let his true potential come out. He's a bit inconsistant but that could be fixed given a bit of time.

I agree, I wasn't sarcastic or joking when I mentioned his name
Quote from Bawbag :How he managed to know Lewis was there and left that much room was very sporting on his behalf, just a shame he went wide and paid the price for it.

And good show brits know how make a proper lawn - if that patch of grass was really bumpy and uneven it might of been a totally different story*.

* first one to debate that Hamilton knew the grass was perfectly smooth is my hero
The grass was bumpy - one of the cars left contact with the road iirc. Maybe when Lewis gets close the grass actually gets smoother as would befit the son of God (which I gather Lewis is from the excitement he generates in otherwise sensible people).
#58 - Gunn
Quote from Mustafur :Ms at Mclaren will never happen. Ms hates Mclaren its his Rival team to him, joining would be like joining the dark side..

But Mercedes (who are strong partners of McLaren) are responsible for paying for Michael to start in F1 in the first place, they paid for his drive in the Jordan. Michael raced for Mercedes for several years.

I'm half-expecting Michael to return next year .... in a Ferrari.
Lewis wasnt bitter about the move Alonso put on him, he was bitter about Alonso full stop, Alonso's Hungary blackmail cost the team 100 million dollars and their championship points, all because Alonso wanted Lewis made the No. 2.

Lewis was just making a point, and quite ironical at that, in highlighting that Alonso is always moaning about those kind of passes. Fair play to Lewis, he had a go and it didnt work out but he didnt stuff the car into a wall or anything.
Quote from Becky Rose :Lewis wasnt bitter about the move Alonso put on him, he was bitter about Alonso full stop, Alonso's Hungary blackmail cost the team 100 million dollars and their championship points, all because Alonso wanted Lewis made the No. 2.

Lewis was just making a point, and quite ironical at that, in highlighting that Alonso is always moaning about those kind of passes. Fair play to Lewis, he had a go and it didnt work out but he didnt stuff the car into a wall or anything.

Thats taking it a bit far..

alonso does hate the fact there is equal treatment, but he has outpaced Hamilton for basically this whole second half of the season with only Hungary really putting him behind..
Seriously, I think some people are rather naive to think that Hamilton did not know about all this "useful" Ferrari information running around, does he not have eyes and ears. If they were inputing all this data into the McLaren simulator I really can't see how they could have not noticed.

To be totally honest I would have also been severely pissed off if I had been screwed like Alonso during the polemic qualifying.

In my opinion this puts the whole affair into relative perspective.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h ... t/formula_one/6998040.stm
#62 - axus
Quote from elipse :Seriously, I think some people are rather naive to think that Hamilton did not know about all this "useful" Ferrari information running around, does he not have eyes and ears. If they were inputing all this data into the McLaren simulator I really can't see how they could have not noticed.

To be totally honest I would have also been severely pissed off if I had been screwed like Alonso during the polemic qualifying.

In my opinion this puts the whole affair into relative perspective.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h ... t/formula_one/6998040.stm

Stop reading the media trying to feed you opinions and read the hearing transcripts and make up your own mind.
Quote from axus :Stop reading the media trying to feed you opinions and read the hearing transcripts and make up your own mind.

Whats your opinion on this Axus?
Being Non-English in DNA, Nationality and Education, Axus is forbidden from having an opinion. If he was shallow enough to need to hide behind a Kazakhstan flag, in a vain attempt at being amusing, then he can have all the opinions he likes.

Sorry Axus, but please move along until you are a decent human being who can write/speak/use English properly.
Quote from tristancliffe :Being Non-English in DNA, Nationality and Education, Axus is forbidden from having an opinion. If he was shallow enough to need to hide behind a Kazakhstan flag, in a vain attempt at being amusing, then he can have all the opinions he likes.

Sorry Axus, but please move along until you are a decent human being who can write/speak/use English properly.

Unlike most. I knew of Kazakhstan before even Ali G existed, its not an attempt to be funny. Its just a different flag from the constant St.Georges cross which needs to burn in hell tbh
#66 - Dru
how about people going back on topic rather than going after each others jugular?

me - i think that last 3 rounds will be fasinating, will Alonso crack - will Lewis not be able to handle the pressure?

Remember last year in the GP2 when he spun and had the drive of his life to recover?

All makes for a very interesting end of a F1 season...... which from the spectators point of view is the most important thing
Quote from Mustafur :Thats taking it a bit far..

alonso does hate the fact there is equal treatment, but he has outpaced Hamilton for basically this whole second half of the season with only Hungary really putting him behind..

Not according to some people I over heard at work. They were positive that Ron Dennis has, "turned down Lewis' car."

I couldn't help but laugh at them. Are some people that naive that they think McLaren are the cause of Hamilton being ever so slightly slower? Hamilton is Ron's baby, if anything Ron wants him to succeed.

If he wins the title just think of the sponsorship money.
Quote from keiran :

If he wins the title just think of the sponsorship money.

They are gonna bounce back from the $100 Fine thats for ***king sure
Quote from keiran :Not according to some people I over heard at work. They were positive that Ron Dennis has, "turned down Lewis' car."

:rolleyes:

It's the Alonso Factor at work again. Look at both his previous championship seasons - he's never had an easy ride of it like some former champions have, but he digs deep and finds the extra pace when he needs it. I am convinced he will win it again this year, and if he drops out of the running on a technical failure I will be very suspicious.

I don't really care what people say about his driving style - if it's faster than everybody else but ugly to watch then surely that's an issue with the current F1 formula. I also don't particularly care that he's a petulant, sulky little oik (and he is!) because many great F1 champions were just the same, and at least he demonstrates his passion in public - something that not enough of the drivers feel they are contractually able to do any more.

I admired Hakkinen for his sheer pace, and I admire Alonso for his sheer determination. I admire Hamilton for his combative attacking style, but it's not enough to win him this year's championship. I don't think he's fast enough. Yet, anyway.
Quote from BlueFlame :Unlike most. I knew of Kazakhstan before even Ali G existed, its not an attempt to be funny. Its just a different flag from the constant St.Georges cross which needs to burn in hell tbh

your a joke.
Quote from thisnameistaken ::rolleyes:

It's the Alonso Factor at work again. Look at both his previous championship seasons - he's never had an easy ride of it like some former champions have, but he digs deep and finds the extra pace when he needs it. I am convinced he will win it again this year, and if he drops out of the running on a technical failure I will be very suspicious.

I don't really care what people say about his driving style - if it's faster than everybody else but ugly to watch then surely that's an issue with the current F1 formula. I also don't particularly care that he's a petulant, sulky little oik (and he is!) because many great F1 champions were just the same, and at least he demonstrates his passion in public - something that not enough of the drivers feel they are contractually able to do any more.

I admired Hakkinen for his sheer pace, and I admire Alonso for his sheer determination. I admire Hamilton for his combative attacking style, but it's not enough to win him this year's championship. I don't think he's fast enough. Yet, anyway.

Yeah i agree, it took Kimi a couple of years to unleash his full pontential..
Quote from BlueFlame :Much like your(our) beloved country

i like UK
Quote from tristancliffe :Webber won't be in a top team... ever.

Bruno Senna isn't honed enough yet

Lewis was well known in British F3 and GP2. Plenty knew about him since his links with McLaren started.

As it says in this weeks Autosport, the racing is a battlefield, not a finishing school. No need to be too polite about matters. Hamilton will have to learn that people won't always let him passed like Kimi did in Monza (which was an easy pass of a slightly crippled car - Kimi didn't even bother defending properly).

I know that being Australian defending Webber probably counts for nothing, but the guy regularly puts cars that dont deserve it well up the order in qualifying and in the race itself ( if the car doesnt detonate).

He is not a Schumi,Alonso or dare i say it Hamilton, but he consistently outpaces DC ad just about every team mate he has had.

I would love to see him in a good car to see if he has the goods i believe he has.
Yeah Webber's never really had a good opportunity to shine, it's a shame. He got a rubbish car at Williams, I suppose he's hoping Red Bull's investment in their design team will pay off sooner rather than later.

Mclaren 2008
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG