The online racing simulator
Very bad lag problem
(5 posts, started )
Very bad lag problem
First of i would like to say that im almost positive its not network lag but i will explain my problem first...

About 2 weeks ago i bought s2 cause i wanted to play online. After buying it i join a server wherei n the list i saw 76ms ping, even if i refreshed it acouple of times i saw that number or around it. I was gonna watch some people drift so i could learn but all the cars where jumping 2 to 6 ft over the place especialy in turns, dont matter if im wathcing outside of car or there hands they are all jumpy, does not matter if im spectating or if im driving i everyone but me jumps over the place, so i asked someone if i was jumpy to them and they said i was smooth as glass. I have a cable modem and runing test i get avrege of 1.4 mbps download and 356 kbps upload. To fix the problem i tried, unisntalling dfp drivers, scanning for viruses, spyware and adware, i bypassed all my routers and hooked straigt to cable modem, unpluged everythign but keyboard mouse, monitor, network connection, and power. I tried reinstalling windows 2k, i tried updating windows 2k, i tried installing windows xp, i tried updating windows xp, i opened ports on router, i bypassed routers to cable modem several times, i had comcast come out and replace cable to box and cable from house to pole. i replaced my network cable. i tried wirless connection to router, i tried updating ever driver i could find for my computer parts for both windows 2k and xp. I have also tried since my cpu and video is over clocked alot , taking them back to original clocks, i have my amd athlong xp 1800 over clocked from 1.52 ghz to 2.2 ghz stable at around 45oC and i have my video card the gefroce over clocked , i have fx 5900xt. I took them back down to there clocks and i also tried downloading lfs to see if my copy was screwed up and same problem. the only thing i have not tried is runing it on linux with a windows kernal installed.

If you guys can help me i cant think of any thing else to do, i have looked through ever forum i can find on lfs and lag or network trouble. i look at the bars in the bottom left and mine are the same or lower then everyone elses i see. it does not matter what server i join this happens. i cant seem to find a solution and its DRIVING ME INSANE!! lol!!. Any help could be apriciated.

p.s. sorry for all the run on senteces and grammer problems but im realy tired and been working on this problem for almost 2 weeks, i know i have at least put about 50 hrs working on it and nothing, im fed up and tired and gonna go play single player and practice drifting. OH and if anyone has any good setups they would recomend for someoen starting out could you email them to me. thx.
#2 - vari
#3 - avih
shift + F8 will turn on network debug mode, see if u can spot something. I don't suspect it's a network issue though, i know you have, but try bring all your hardware to stock settings.
i brought all my hardware to stock setting and same thing, i cant seem to find out what it is, as soon as i can save up though im buying a amd 64 4200 x2 with asus mother board and 4 gigs of ram with 2 geforce fx 7800 and 4 sata2 wester digital 250 gb hds, but untill then i would like to find out whats causing it on this comp, i have monday and tuesday off so hopefully i can figure it out. im gonna try it on a friends with my copy im using and see if it causes it. I tried the debug mode and did not see anything but im gonna run some analyzers on my cpu and network to see if i can find anything iffy in my system, oh i also heard of this rare problem im gonna try tommorrow. where someone with a onboard nic (i have onboard) was having problems with people jumping and disabled it and bought another nic, i have treid alot, im gonna remove my wirless card and see if that helps, or im gonna try and disable onboard nic and install a pci card nic see if that helps. any more sugestions would help, i apreciate all the help.

on ping google i was getting avg of:

bytes=32 time=45 TTL=235

when i run debug i am getting

TCP AV:Inittime +=1
TCP ES +=(would go from 15 to 57)
TCP ER:InitTime +=(change between 10 15 and 20)
MP time speed adjust (between -4.6 and -5.6)

P.S. I uninstalled my video input card and wirless card but have not removed them or restarted and it seemed to help alot, its still a little bit jumpy but no where near as bad.
#5 - vari
If you get constant MP Time adjusts then it might be the timer problem (linked above.)

I didn't mean the average ping btw but rather how jumpy it is and if there's any packet loss. 45ms looks ok though.
-
(priits) DELETED by priits

Very bad lag problem
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG