The online racing simulator
Quote from ajp71 :From someone who idolizes a very dirty driver and has publicly admitted to weaving and wrecking backmarkers

i resent that statement. i would NEVER weave! if a backmarker doesnt move id fire him wide tho so yea u are entitled to say that!
Quote from jamvib :Email interchange was in March, the 780 pages dossier copy "intent" was a couple of moths later!

It doesn't change the fact that an e-mail he sends discussing Ferrari's tire gas isn't slightly incriminating
Quote from ajp71 :It doesn't change the fact that an e-mail he sends discussing Ferrari's tire gas isn't slightly incriminating

yes I think it does, because you are linking the whole spy affair with the soft spying very usual in F1. Who do you thing Ferrari knew about the mass damper? read the last one if you think teams are Little Red Riding Hood supporters
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i resent that statement. i would NEVER weave! if a backmarker doesnt move id fire him wide tho so yea u are entitled to say that!

:slap:
atleast im honest
#81 - DeKo
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :atleast im honest

ah thats okay then, as long as you admit that your wrecking cheating scum, its fine.
im not a wrecking cheating scum, i just admit to pushing backmarkers wide if they block me or swerve around etc.
#83 - DeKo
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :im not a wrecking cheating scum, i just admit to pushing backmarkers wide if they block me or swerve around etc.

Pushing backmarkers wide for no other reason than them daring not to jump off the line and slam on the brakes is wrecking, wrecking makes you scum.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i resent that statement. i would NEVER weave! if a backmarker doesnt move id fire him wide tho so yea u are entitled to say that!

Weaving is somewhat more acceptable, although still very dirty. Deliberately wrecking someone is appalling and if you did it in reality any where other than in the BTCC (or in LFS for that matter) you'll soon be shown the door

Quote from jamvib :yes I think it does, because you are linking the whole spy affair with the soft spying very usual in F1. Who do you thing Ferrari knew about the mass damper? read the last one if you think teams are Little Red Riding Hood supporters

In reality though a big dossier isn't much worse than the so called 'soft spying', which isn't going to stop either. In the end of the day though this all piles into insignificance when people start just plain cheating (like the BAR fuel tank), which I suspect is common place anyway.
i love overtaking, i have got loads of replays of overtakin n all that, and to me a race is a RACE, not a series of hotlaps (like 99% of people believe) the only time when i will push sum1 wide is if i believe they would take me out if i passed them properly!!

doesnt matter anyway, its not like im ever gunna lap u, and even if i did i would know u are sensible enuf not to do anything silly.

i remember racing u a fair bit and we had some hot races, so u know i dont fire people for a laugh!
AJP weaving is not acceptable ATALL and is frowned upon alot more than binning someone!! one of my m8s was called into the clerk of the course for firing someone, once my m8 had explained to the CoC that the guy he fired was weaving, he was let off the hook.
PS we arent talking about toy go-carts, have a look at this vid of me testing last week and see the kind of speeds they hit! so any bad driving is actually DANGEROUS
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FlY0R7B752c

weaving is dangerous

and also, i think me and u have a different understanding of the word 'firing' to me, it means to push sum1 wide and pass by nudging them. u and they continue with 0 damage. wrecking is t boning sum1 with no brakes and u both go out of the race, i would never do that (and only once or twice have done, years ago)
#87 - J.B.
Got the replays of the start:
http://rapidshare.com/files/56 ... 07_-_Spa_-_Start.avi.html

Having seen it again my oppinion hasn't changed. There's a difference between using the full racing line because one feels entitled to do so, and going so wide that two wheels are on the grass for the sole purpose of making another car leave the track.
Great race for 100-mile long tarmac run-off areas. If there had been sandtraps instead of tarmac, Hamilton would have been probably DNF'd.
-
(Blas89) DELETED by Blas89
Does anybody know where can I download some pictures of the starting grid? I'm looking for a picture of a girl that was there before the race... hehe.
Quote from Blas89 :Does anybody know where can I download some pictures of the starting grid? I'm looking for a picture of a girl that was there before the race... hehe.

Pervert!
Was there anything special that happened in the race?

I opted not to stay up late and watch it live, simply because I had a feeling that the Qualifying results would just reflect the finishing positions anyways.... and sure enough, they were the same... so the race wasn't all that interesting was it? Just people staying in front and no passing?

Just wondering if it is worth it to download the race footage.
Quote from Tweaker :Was there anything special that happened in the race?

Nothing you won't be able to see on youtube highlight clips. The T1 thing mentioned above (if you're curious) and Kubica's performance are worth watching really, mostly the latter - he provided the only show.
Quote from Tweaker :Was there anything special that happened in the race?

I opted not to stay up late and watch it live, simply because I had a feeling that the Qualifying results would just reflect the finishing positions anyways.... and sure enough, they were the same... so the race wasn't all that interesting was it? Just people staying in front and no passing?

You didn't miss a thing. I turned it off after lap 5 or so and turned it on again on the last lap and the positions were virtually the same. I think one person had changed their postion up 5 and another dropped one.

The T1 incident between the two McLaren drivers was fun to watch as alonso pinched hamilton to taking the runoff area, but it was very uneventful, to be brutally honest I think it would have been more interesting to watch the grass grow. It must be really hard to commentate for these races, nothing really happens.

It was interesting to hear exactly what type of pentalty McLaren was handed though.
Quote from xaotik :
The T1 thing mentioned above (if you're curious) and Kubica's performance are worth watching really, mostly the latter - he provided the only show.

It was a good performance from a talented and fair racer.
Kubica has the added advantage to be at the moment one of the few likeable drivers in F1: he's not arrogant, he's not secretive and he likes speaking clearly, at least in Italian. His interviews are insightful because he tells things just how he sees them. Unfortunately this is a rare quality.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :AJP weaving is not acceptable ATALL

Weaving is a very very dirty tactic, which whilst potentially dangerous is mainly unsporting and ruins races. Getting into a culture of deliberately forcing someone off the track is just plain dangerous, whilst it may seem alright at low speed corners and in go karts the problem is when it becomes into the thought process. Do you really need me to explain why deliberately taking another car off is dangerous.

In go karts, and I'm sorry I am going to treat them slightly differently to cars, you may be able to get away with most contact fairly safely given the fact you aren't traveling very fast, if you stuff a car into a wall at high speed it's simply not the same. In proper motor racing the only acceptable circumstance to deliberately take another car out, is when not doing so will result in far worse consequences, and being a bit pissed off with someone isn't one. The only time I've seen a car acceptably deliberately drive into another one was to avoid a marshal, and it was a hard hit to
i guess u are right man yea
when alonso cut in front of hamilton off the start, i lol'd. it was good to see him on the receiving end after what he did to massa at monza. then came T1. yikes! looking at the replay, alonso had the right of way, and technically did nothing illegal, but it sure seems like he pushed hamilton off maliciously. but then again, what's that expression people use? "it's not my fault if he decided to park his car out there." surely hamilton must be starting to understand that others besides him also want to win the championship. the only thing that really surprised me was that he was surprised by the move.

other than that, a pretty boring race at the front. good effort by kubica to recover from his start grid penalty. too bad he got stuck behind so much traffic (especially coulthard).
#98 - wien
Quote from evilgeek :when alonso cut in front of hamilton off the start, i lol'd. it was good to see him on the receiving end after what he did to massa at monza.

Nothing wrong with what Hamilton did at Monza. He left him enough space without making contact. It's not like he pushed him off or anything. Completely fair move in my opinion. I can't really find anything wrong with Alonso squeezing Hamilton out at T1 either. He was clearly ahead and had the corner. Hamilton shouldn't have been there if he didn't want to go off.
Quote from axus :Let's look at it carefully:
"I just feel for someone that's always complaining about people doing unfair moves just pushed me wide."

He can have "I just feel that someone that's always complaining about people doing unfair moves just pushed me wide" or "I just feel for someone that's always complaining about people doing unfair moves to push me wide is unfair/hypocritical/whatever". What he said is not a complete sentence.

Shut up, your not English, so why are you trying to be smart, I'm telling you the way Hamilton said that Sentence is perfectly O.K. Just lax
Quote from BlueFlame :Shut up, your not English, so why are you trying to be smart, I'm telling you the way Hamilton said that Sentence is perfectly O.K. Just lax

No need to get aggressive or bring out the race card. For the record the quote (from Hamilton, not you?) isn't very good English and makes no sense at all

**Spoilers** F1: Belgian Grand Prix
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG