The online racing simulator
When money IS an issue... what to get?
So... I have a sidewinder precision pro. No forcefeedback. PB on blackwood GP with the GTI is high 1:24. (1:24:90-ish) Usually though its the low 1:25s

Me wants a good force feedback wheel. Thing is, having no available cash whatsoever (wife, 2 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 fish), Im gonna have to take a loan on that, and pay it in around 30€ installments.

My doubt is what to get?
G25 (10 month repay)
Momo (4 moth repay)
Driving Force Pro (Dont know the local price, tbh).

Which is better? Momo or DFP?
Is the g25 jump in price worth it over the momo?

I KNOW it has been asked before.. but all the replys usually ignore the fact that the g25 costs about TWICE the momo.
#2 - Jakg
DFP is better than the Momo and around the same price.

If you need a loan to buy a wheel, the G25 may pwn but it's a very bad idea.

I'd get the DFP.
If it's one of those "instant loans" you get ripped off with the interest rates they have. Not very sensible for a wheel when you actually have one already.

Save euro or two in a day and you have enough money in few months. Second hand might be an option too, long as you avoid the Momo racing as it has pedal issues.
I paid £40 for my Logitech Formula wheel, its never let me down. Still working and ive done 26000 Miles (Part of it demo). Its had a right hammering. We have stamped on the pedals and 1 has only broken. It has always been abused and hard use, Yet its still working, I paid 40 pounds for it. With all the damage, its still setting very competative laps at the front of the field.

Matt
If you can do 1.24 in the gti on BL1, you're doing pretty good with that wheel.
I've had a dfp and if it hadn't started doing something weird when I wanted to go straight, I would still have it. I was very nice, but the G25 I have now is just better. Except for the lack of buttons on the wheel, I miss those.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from dmwright :I paid £40 for my Logitech Formula wheel, its never let me down. Still working and ive done 26000 Miles (Part of it demo). Its had a right hammering. We have stamped on the pedals and 1 has only broken. It has always been abused and hard use, Yet its still working, I paid 40 pounds for it. With all the damage, its still setting very competative laps at the front of the field.

Matt

You paid £40 for that?!

ahahaha rofl

/me tries to sell Momo for £80 :P
Lol, is that good or bad?
Quote from Blackout :If it's one of those "instant loans"

No interest rate - gonna borrow it from a friend then repay it
#9 - Jakg
I'll definitely try to skip the DFP and Momo and go for a G25 next year when we're settled. Knowing the G25 is the better wheel will frustrate me if I end up buying anything below that quality. A decent wheel will make me want to take sim-racing a bit more seriously as well- as long as it doesn't start cutting into my studies.

Go the G25 baby!
Don't get a loan. I'm sure that if you're short on money you certainly shouldn't be spending it on a racing wheel.
Quote from Stigpt :So... I have a sidewinder precision pro. No forcefeedback. PB on blackwood GP with the GTI is high 1:24. (1:24:90-ish) Usually though its the low 1:25s

Me wants a good force feedback wheel. Thing is, having no available cash whatsoever (wife, 2 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 fish), Im gonna have to take a loan on that, and pay it in around 30€ installments.

My doubt is what to get?
G25 (10 month repay)
Momo (4 moth repay)
Driving Force Pro (Dont know the local price, tbh).

Which is better? Momo or DFP?
Is the g25 jump in price worth it over the momo?

I KNOW it has been asked before.. but all the replys usually ignore the fact that the g25 costs about TWICE the momo.

Sell the dependents and buy some Act Labs stuff...
Quote from Jakg :Even £20 is overpriced for that thing...

Hmm... Ill Pricerunner it
Ahh... We might have are models twisted.

Here :
£34.99
£41.11 inc VAT
2 in stock
Stock Code: GC-013-LG

Matt
Quote from Stigpt :PB on blackwood GP with the GTI is high 1:24.

wasnt the WR something 1:33.xx?
Quote from Stigpt :No interest rate - gonna borrow it from a friend then repay it

Sounds a lot better.
Quote from dmwright :Ahh... We might have are models twisted.

Here :
£34.99
£41.11 inc VAT
2 in stock
Stock Code: GC-013-LG

Matt

Eeeeughhh, my step brother has one of them and its absolute garbage. (no offence meant, your obviously happy with it)

The extra £20 for a DFP is worth every penny. You could get a second hand MSFF for far less than the price of that thing and it's 10x the wheel.
Quote from Blackout :
..... long as you avoid the Momo racing as it has pedal issues.

What pedal issues? As soon as I voided the warranty, the pedals are almost perfect
I've heard that the DFP is that way as well. and when I saw the pedals - I think they are. It looked like the same design, but I don't really know.
But hey if you're going to get a loan to buy a wheel, then go for the G-25.
LOL I mean it's not like you HAVE to pay it back.

Seriously though, if you get a loan to buy a wheel, read the fine print carefully. Like what blackout also posted, there's a lot of scams....

Wait a minute, A G-25 @ 30 euros for 10 months? that's 300 euros.
That's WITH interest? Usually small loans have pretty high rates. And isn't the going price for a G-25 in europe about 300?
Quote from Racer Y :What pedal issues? As soon as I voided the warranty, the pedals are almost perfect
I've heard that the DFP is that way as well. and when I saw the pedals - I think they are. It looked like the same design, but I don't really know.
But hey if you're going to get a loan to buy a wheel, then go for the G-25.
LOL I mean it's not like you HAVE to pay it back.

Wait a minute, A G-25 @ 30 euros for 10 months? that's 300 euros.
That's WITH interest? Usually small loans have pretty high rates. And isn't the going price for a G-25 in europe about 300?

He already said he was going to borrow the money from a friend so there is no interests.

Actually I don't know about the DFP pedals, but from first hand experience I can say that the momo pedals had some serious issues. But I guess it has been fixed already? G25 is the best of course, and it shouldn't be more than 200-250 euros. It was 299 when released, but it came down pretty nicely. Now it's roughly two times more expensive than the momo, but I reckon you get about ten times more wheel with it.

Prices in this post are rough estimates on the prices in Finland, usually we pay more than the average European so it might be cheaper in Portugal. Or not.
I don't have any problem with my Momo... Maybe we aren't driving/racing the same way? I'm always gentle on the throttle but I'm really violent with the wheel and it never broke down. I reckon they have some problem but as someone said upper, when the garanty is voided it's a charm
DFP is the onlyway to go before g25.

/thread.
If you the opportunity then buy G25, you wont regret it and it will probably last longer than momo or dfp. ;]
Quote from The Moose :Eeeeughhh, my step brother has one of them and its absolute garbage.

go compare to Logic3 products....
If you live close enough to the border, both Momos and DFPs should be well under 100€ here in Spain, I've seen them in MediaMarkt stores for 80. Hell, if you aren't on the coast , time the fuel usage right and fill your tank here the difference alone will pay for the trip, you guys get ripped off with the high taxes.

When money IS an issue... what to get?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG