The online racing simulator
Kites
(10 posts, started )
Kites
Just bought this.

It's a HQ Beamer III 3m quad line power kite.
Not the fastest or the strongest but, it goes like stink and pulls like a train.

Anyone else into kites?
Quote from mrfell :Just bought this.

It's a HQ Beamer III 3m quad line power kite.
Not the fastest or the strongest but, it goes like stink and pulls like a train.

Anyone else into kites?

i did have a kite but it broke
your kite looks like a parachute to me...the only kites i know are shaped mostly like octagons and are hand made...
I got my friend's little girl an octopus kite for her third birthday, it had big googly eyes and - as you might expect - eight long tentacles. She used it as an attack kite, flying it close to other peoples' kites and then letting go at the crucial moment to take 'em down!

I was overjoyed when I heard she was using it to create general mayhem.
Nice foil! Are you using it for traction (buggy or board)? Some years ago I was into stunt kites and even made a few. Hmmm... Maybe I'll go dig them out...
Quote from BadFun :Nice foil! Are you using it for traction (buggy or board)? Some years ago I was into stunt kites and even made a few. Hmmm... Maybe I'll go dig them out...

not ready for boards or buggy yet, still practising!!
We had a big heavy eagle shaped one when I was a kid. My friends and I used to take it to the sand quarry, and we played a game of trying to dive-bomb my little brother and his little friends from 100's of feet in the air. You didn't want that kite smacking you in the back, that's for sure!

They sure sustained some heavy injuries...

Ahhh, yesteryear.
My kite soared off into the sunset. For my birthday, the girls got me a *cough* Care Bear *cough* kite . I had it up with 1000 yards of fishing line, well, since I didn't have 1000 yards of kite string . I was almost at the end of the spool of 1000 yards, with the line zinging in the wind, barely able to hold onto it, when the line broke . I recovered it, with the fishing line draped across 2 other houses. Only 2 houses you say? Well, I'm out in the country. The 2nd house is barely insight.
Nice to hear those stories of when "we were kids", but these are big boys toys!!

Granted mine is the bottom of the pile in terms of power/speed, but on a good day it'll drag you along the beach no problem at all and possibly pick you up off the ground.
I was watching some blokes last weekend kite jumping, but they were using 10m kites with bars and harnesses!!
I'm probably too old to start doing things like that, I dont bounce so easily now hehehe.
Quote from mrfell :Nice to hear those stories of when "we were kids", but these are big boys toys!!

Yeah they can be quite dangerous in the wrong hands. Spectra fibre or Kevlar lines stretched taut are very capable of causing severe injuries. Those kites can move at a pretty serious clip and things can get hairy fast.

Quote from mrfell :not ready for boards or buggy yet, still practising!!

"Practice makes perfect" or at least it can keep everyone safe. I've been around beginners and they always made me nervous. Good luck and watch out for the ones that aren't watching out for you.

Kites
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG