The online racing simulator
FXR drift :) why no one does it?
(82 posts, closed, started )
Sigh, it's only annoying for people who find it annoying.

The 2 comments I made originally were flippant comments, I have as much right to make my posts, as you do to make yours (within the rules of the forum), I wasn't harrasing the OP, although ironically, I am now being harrased for my POV....funny that........

And for the record, I never directly accused anyone, I only hinted at it
Personally, I like it when the crackers get called out and bashed, it's what makes me get out of bed in the morning.
he's just cracker... ban him....
LFS (tyre) physics and the lack of fear make controlled drifting easier than it would be in real life, despite we don't have the butt-feel. Add four driven wheels and lots of horsepower to that formula, and you have an answer why nobody does it. It's quite boring when you have used to it. If you miss power with XRT, try FZ5, LX6 or RAC then.

But the best advice is, buy a license and start to race
Powersliding you mean?
Quote from danowat :Sigh, it's only annoying for people who find it annoying.

The 2 comments I made originally were flippant comments, I have as much right to make my posts, as you do to make yours (within the rules of the forum), I wasn't harassing the OP, although ironically, I am now being harassed for my POV....funny that........

And for the record, I never directly accused anyone, I only hinted at it

Sorry, accusation is pretty much a binary term. You are accusing someone, or you aren't. "Hinting at it" is like saying "kind-of dead".

You're making a judgment you have no grounds to make, as you have not the slightest shred of evidence that hes doing anything wrong. I played LFS on a friends computer for a while before I bought it...that's what got me interested. To say that hes lying ... is just retarded, not to mention mean spirited and hateful.

And by your logic...since its a public forum and you have the right to say what you wish to the OP, then everyone else has the right to tear into you for saying it, your argument nullifies itself.
So what do you calling drift? Whole drift is powersliding ,there is no rift tracks in lfs,maybe car park or s2 autocross.
Quote from simkazzz :So what do you calling drift? Whole drift is powersliding ,there is no rift tracks in lfs,maybe car park or s2 autocross.

Exactly. LFS is a RACING simulator. The physics of the game is what enables drifting. Why put in a "Drift" track when you can drift on every track in the game already, and create drifting layouts on Autocross? And like danowat has said, nobody on any forum specified to a product likes people showing off cracks and warez to the product the developers are trying to make a living on.
Quote from squidhead :nobody drifts the FXR because it's a GTR, thus has slicks and not enough lock to drift properly...
I dont know why nobody drifts the LX6 (well, there are people, but not many of them are good)

:slap:

also to anser any awd questions....

nearly All awd cars uses a live rear axel wich transfares all the power to the wheel with most traction so by weight transfare its possable but only for a few seconds ( hence why evos are used with 100 % power going to rear wheels )
I AM NOT SHOWING ANY WAREZ FOR **** SAKE.Now i understand about fzr,another question can open diff be good for drifting ?it can make very long slides ,but i cant control it and it cant make rear go oversteer a lot.
Quote from simkazzz :another question can open diff be good for drifting ?it can make very long slides ,but i cant control it and it cant make rear go oversteer a lot.

In my opinion it makes things worse. You don't want one rear wheel to suddenly grip when you drift. Throttle control, mate. Throttle control...
Quote from theirishnoob ::slap:

nearly All awd cars uses a live rear axel wich transfares all the power to the wheel with most traction so by weight transfare its possable but only for a few seconds ( hence why evos are used with 100 % power going to rear wheels )

Do you even know what a live rear axle is?, because I can list a ton of AWD cars that don't have a live rear axle.

That was a very intelligent, and understandable, plus a very informative answer to the question why not so many people drift LX6...
I'm pretty sure it has taken a lot of your time (probably whole day) to compose such a easy to read, informative text with so many great examples that make understanding you easier...
why don't you go make yourself a cookie?

Quote from simkazzz :another question can open diff be good for drifting?

no
it does not allow you to control the angle of the slide using throttle control
Actually, LFS is a ... ready for this? SIMULATOR.

Period.

Simulators by definition aren't limited to one thing..

Its a physics simulator, its an aerodynamics simulator, its a traction simulator, its a weather simulator (to some degree), its a thermal simulator (tire heat), its a damage simulator...

You can't even simulate "racing" ... racing is an activity, not a property. You cant simulate activities...you can only simulate properties. By simulating many properties, you can allow for an activity to take place.

What -IS- racing, really? Is it people fighting door to door? Is it time trials? Is it hotlapping and trying to beat another person? Is it the former, just trying to beat yourself? Racing is an abstract concept. Are you racing to be the one to finish 10 laps, or are you racing to see who can turn a lap of a certain speed first?

LFS simulates all aspects needed for the activity of drifting...so why not drift?

I know none of you were really knocking drifting so much...but damnit, It's tiring seeing someone say "LFS is a RACING sim" every damned day.

I can't actually think of any AWD cars that use a live axle. I can think of 4WD trucks that have live axles, but that's about it.

There are hardly any AWD cars that even have an open diff if that's what you were trying to talk about, as an open rear diff basically negates the whole AWD system...

Yet another nonsense post from TII.
evo's dont run 100% power to the rear wheels all the time...
i think its because it's on slicks....you can't reallly drift with slicks...and well? drifters are men, men dont drive anything which has an enigne moving the front wheels , only RWD, anyway, nice to see you mate, i think you and your friend should get banned, licence sharing is not allowed

also...my dad took the fuse for the 4wd out of his skyline r32...and now its RWD
Quote from simkazzz :I AM NOT SHOWING ANY WAREZ FOR **** SAKE.

Prove it? Post the name of your friend who has S2 - then we'll maybe start to be helpful.
Quote from harjun :also...my dad took the fuse for the 4wd out of his skyline r32...and now its RWD

what the hell? You dont just "take the fuse out" to make it RWD...

Be good if was as easy for my dad's mate to do that to his R34, but you cant...
Im getting sick of the same old arguments "LFS is a racing simulator, not a drifting simulator" take a hint nobody cares anymore weve heard it all before of and "I dont get all these cruise servers, why do you want to drive around at the speedlimit" all that matters is that they want to do it, and that is that.

So all of you STFU please coz ur pi**in me off big time !!!!!!!!!
#47 - JTbo

This sounds about as right as 25/75 handbrake bias (or something like that it was) used in drifting, some poor child told in RSC forums way back
Quote from mcintyrej :Prove it? Post the name of your friend who has S2 - then we'll maybe start to be helpful.

Guilty until proven innocent, eh?

nice...
IIRC Shift+Ctrl doesnt work on a SPR.

Mmm marshmellows
no drifting with slicks?.... that depends on your definition of drifting...

if drifting for you being a slowpoke in corners and mindlessly spinning and overheating your tyres even on straights... then no slicks for you

if drifting for you is trailbraking on the entry of the corner, powersliding in the apex and 4wheel drift exiting at high speed with no tail wobble... now then slicks would do great for you on high speeds corners... but you'll have to feel the temps of the wheels so you don't loose complete control of the car... and, slicks lasts longer than super.

it isn't always about being the fastest i know... but remember that drift was originally born so you could keep up revs while exiting a low speed hairpin, also is safer on a downhill since you get control over the inside of the turn... worst case scneario you'll be trashing your side bottom or spinning... taking ideal race line would result in a higher risk of a frontal colission with the guardrail thus increasing the chances that you take off the hill... not good.

when showing off while drifting i think you shouldnt only go with style... you should be the fastest with style.
This thread is closed

FXR drift :) why no one does it?
(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG