The online racing simulator
#1 - Tango
bad news for v8 supercar fans in the UK
just checked the motors tv forums and the sandown and bathurst rounds arent being shown live:mad:
just hope we get full race replays or they might be blood spilt :chair:
apparently the alms race at road atlanta overlaps,but i just checked the v8 web site and they have delayed the start by 30 mins to fit in 45th anniversary celebrations and that means an overlap of only 30 mins. im flippin furious at this,the best race of the year and will have to wait 10hrs before we get to see it.
is motors tv on a big decline? less live racing nowadays,i can only take so much ama superbike racing !!

Tango
With the decline of the Indianapolis 500 since the CART split Baathurst is the 3rd most important motor race in the world, but here in the UK we tend not to even register it.

I dont get Motors TV though, does anyone know of a web stream or TVU channel that will carry it? When is the race anyway?
#3 - ajp71
Quote from Becky Rose :With the decline of the Indianapolis 500 since the CART split Baathurst is the 3rd most important motor race in the world, but here in the UK we tend not to even register it.

I'd have rated LeMans, Sebring, Daytona and the Nurburgring as far more important races and if you want to count all forms the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 are probably up their as well.
I think in terms of racing nostalgia, the big 4 in my mind are: Le Mans; Monaco; Baathurst; and Indy 500.

Daytona could perhaps replace Indy 500. I'm not sure which race at Nurburgring or Sebring would stand next to these?
#5 - DeKo
everybody forgets 24hr spa .

back on topic, as becky said, is there a tvu player channel broadcasting it? is speed?
#6 - ajp71
Quote from Becky Rose :I think in terms of racing nostalgia, the big 4 in my mind are: Le Mans; Monaco; Baathurst; and Indy 500.

Quote :I'm not sure which race at Nurburgring or Sebring would stand next to these?

The Nurburgring holds by far the largest circuit race (in terms of sheer numbers) that poses unquestionably the toughest current endurance race. The 12 hours of Sebring was held historically is a very significant race, and still is a significant race, up with the Daytona 24 hours as the next most coveted trophies after LeMans. I don't quite get where you get this idea that Bathurst is up there with the best, it's a fantastic track but in the end of the day it's a fairly short endurance race for touring cars. I don't consider it a true rival to the great sports car races, about the level of the Wilhire in my books, but not up with the great sportscar races. I deliberately left the Spa 24hour off my list because it's the, now relatively insignificant, 1000km race that has the real historical pedigree, same could be said about the 'ring.
Quote :I don't quite get where you get this idea that Bathurst is up there with the best, it's a fantastic track but in the end of the day it's a fairly short endurance race for touring cars

For those in the Southern Hemisphere Baathurst is the biggest and more important race of the year. You've got a Union Flag under your name so my best guess is you havn't had the opportunity to get a measure for how important the race is for those from down under, in terms of nostalgia and pedigree, at an international level. I think you under value it's importance.

Regarding your others:
Nurburgring - I know Nordschlief is a long track, but its a famous track not a famous race. Brands Hatch is just as famous and they only get to use the GP circuit 6 times a year...

Sebring, i'm a race fan and I dont even know what runs there. ALMS?

Spa. I knew there was a 24hr race there at least... But in racing finishing 2nd is finishing nowhere, and Le Mans is the definitive 24 hour race.

That's my feeling on it, and I think my top 3 is unchanged. I'd be willing to swap out the Indy 500 as nobody seems to care about that any more. I think Daytona probably should take it's place.
I barely watch V8 supercars but Bathurst i watch without fail, the race at the end of the 1000kms is so close that it keeps its awesome challenging reputation with the winner usally winning by less then 10 seconds..
#9 - Tango
i think the combination of close racing on the best circuit in the world make it my highlight of the year.yeah le mans is good but do we ever get any close racing there nowadays with audi`s dominance? the alms series is proving itself as very watchable with porsche giving audi a big kickin at the mo but i miss the aston vs corvette battles. shame there isnt more porsche vs ferrari scraps like the sebring finale this year.

the bathurst weekend is usually the first weekend in october,sandown is this weekend and bathurst follows soon after normally.
Tango
Top 3 for me: Bathurst, Monaco, Le Sarthe
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Is that the clever way to say "Le Mans"? :rolleyes:

Yeah, all the cool kids are doing it
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Is that the clever way to say "Le Mans"? :rolleyes:

i hate the series so what do u think im going to say?
I stil don't get why Mount Panorama is the best circuit ever, yeah it has a tight twisty hilly section, but so does the Nordschliefe, but it has a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Bathurst circuit, but I don't think it's the best ever.
I've been on Bathurst and even driving at the speed limit is scary, but at race car pace i just couldn't imagen it would scare the shit out of me!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG