The online racing simulator
#1 - efast
a real world car similar to the RaceAbout?
i can only think of the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder being very similar to the RA, is there any others?

I was gonna scream out THE RAC IS REAL YOU NOOB! But then the picture of the RAC loaded in your post

I think its like an MR-S, lightweight, mid engined, but it has a Saab Turbo engine instead
Quote from VTiRoj :I was gonna scream out THE RAC IS REAL YOU NOOB! But then the picture of the RAC loaded in your post

I think its like an MR-S, lightweight, mid engined, but it has a Saab Turbo engine instead

It's nothing like a MR2. It's unbalanced, stance is too narrow, massive turbo lag, need I go on?

My brother owned a 96 mr2 for a long time and that car was nothing but pure control and fun on track. Drove like on rails, even though it's mid engined. Extremly balanced, very wide and quite low. It was an amazing car back in the day.
That can't be said about the RA.
It really is a plastic car with a saab engine.
Quote from gohfeld23 :It's nothing like a MR2. It's unbalanced, stance is too narrow, massive turbo lag, need I go on?

My brother owned a 96 mr2 for a long time and that car was nothing but pure control and fun on track. Drove like on rails, even though it's mid engined. Extremly balanced, very wide and quite low. It was an amazing car back in the day.
That can't be said about the RA.
It really is a plastic car with a saab engine.

I didnt mention handling now did I? Handling wise the RA can be compared to this:

Handling is erm, yeah, erm. Just as plastic too
Will it understeer? Will it oversteer? Find out at the next corner!
Quote from VTiRoj :Will it understeer? Will it oversteer? Find out at the next corner!

Neither. Its just gonna spin out on the straight
Quote from VTiRoj :I didnt mention handling now did I? Handling wise the RA can be compared to this:

Handling is erm, yeah, erm. Just as plastic too
Will it understeer? Will it oversteer? Find out at the next corner!

That's almost correct. It's missing the saab turbo engine

Quote from Kevin. :Neither. Its just gonna spin out on the straight

LOL
that's because the raceabout is actually a mehanical female transformer with PMS:
(I'm drunk btw)
I like the race about but, if It has to be driven like that IRL It just sucks. And yeah I know that It's not like that IRL... Maybe
How do you know how real RAC handles?
#11 - aoun
Quote from deggis :How do you know how real RAC handles?

Because you can drive it in LFS!
In my opinion K1 Attack Roadster looks and sounds a lot better.

http://www.k1roadster.nl/

Original K1 attack was based on honda accord donor car but I think the newer uses only the engine from ford mondeo.
it looks hard to handle in the video (http://www.raceabout.fi/visuals_videos.php)

all in all, sexy car, hard to drive

E:hmm, made me think, they have videos of it, we have shift-a,

E2: grammatical error!

Weight distribution 39 / 61 %
Lenght 3850 mm
Width 1730 mm

see!
Am I the only one who really likes Raceabout?
I love this car, all you need is a good setup and a lot of practise, I use RAC for drifting too. Same thing for drifting, good setup and a lot of practice...
#16 - aoun
i love the car, but i only use it offline, cause no one uses it online, and when they do, its either drifting (CBF) or no competition..
true, i cant find any server that runs rac, lx6 and fz5 and is populated at same time. Its just unpopular class
I think maybe it's a little rude of you to speak about the raceabout like that. One of the few real cars we have, wonder if we will ever see a new model after this.
Quote from milkkis :Am I the only one who really likes Raceabout?
I love this car, all you need is a good setup and a lot of practise, I use RAC for drifting too. Same thing for drifting, good setup and a lot of practice...

Used to be a hater, now I totaly agree! We should both get on vent and race online sometime, dude!
so the real RA is a plastic wrapped Saab engine, which translates into a s**t car based on what have been said.

Some people like it for its hard-to-learn handling styles, so it could actually be fun to drive it once you mastered it.

BUT, my question was is there any other real cars that is similar to the RA? because if the RA is s**t, and i want to buy a car looking similar to the RA, does it mean i will have to go with the lambo spyder?

because others that have been suggested are not very available to buy in Australia.

also money is not a problem
Quote from aoun :i love the car, but i only use it offline, cause no one uses it online, and when they do, its either drifting (CBF) or no competition..

Quote from blackcarmafia :true, i cant find any server that runs rac, lx6 and fz5 and is populated at same time. Its just unpopular class

I run FZ5/RAC on our event server, and I run an FZ5/RAC league too
#22 - JTbo
IRL raceabout is probably lot different from LFS version, at one point there was some talk about rear suspension having some bugs in LFS version :P

But LFS version is nice to drive, together with LX cars probably has bit of that unforgivness you would except there to be, which other cars seem to miss a bit.
#23 - Osco
give the RAC some rear ARB and I'll reconsider driving it...
#24 - aoun
Quote from danowat :I run FZ5/RAC on our event server, and I run an FZ5/RAC league too

If there was no lag caused by being from australia, i would join straight away!

Though when i have the time, ill look for your servers just for some fun racing =)
If you want a nice ride simmilar to the RAC, my I sugest the noble m12?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG