The online racing simulator
Suitable video cards?
(13 posts, started )
Suitable video cards?
So I want to purchase a video card that can handle LFS, GTR2, DiRT, and Test drive: Unlimited. So what can give those games exceptional quality. Oh and limit it to the video cards in www.Frys.com
#2 - Jakg
BUdget? Rest of PC? AGP? PCI-e?
right now I have 1.50 gb of RAM, I have a AMD 2000+ I soon will buy a 3000+ or something and its an AGP
#4 - Jakg
What's your budget? tbh a 6600 will bottleneck that setup, you'll need a better CPU to see an increase in performance in those games.
i wouldnt go for a 3000+ cpu...
get a new mobo (with PCI-e) and a nice dual core.
then u can think bout a new card.
I actually meant a 3000+ - 3800+
#7 - Jakg
What's your budget? and PSU?
my budget should be around 100 - 200 usd adn I currently have a 350 watt supply or I can steal my sisters
#9 - Jakg
Then i'd recommend gettnig an AGP 7600GT, a new PSU and save for a new CPU.
but whats the recomened wattage?
450w and above for your current system.... (with adding the video card)
Forget about DiRT, nowhere you can play this good with 7600GT and your processor. DiRT want's 8800 and nice dual-core to get the most goodness out of it.
Video cards aren't as reliant on the overall wattage as the PSU marketing tries to convince - as nV or ATi also will suggest the worst case nerd-o PC that runs everything off the PSU but a toaster oven. Most 7600GT's need around 16-18 amps on the +12 volt rail. Worst case 18A x 12V = 216w - 10% inefficiency = 194w. Check your PSU's +12V rail and 7600GT amperage requirement to be sure.
As long as you don't have 2 hard-drives, all drive bays filled, and gaggles of power consuming components in your PC (you get my drift), you should be fine.

More info:
http://www.tech-hounds.com/article2/ArticlesPage10.html

Got a page I'm looking for that give the peak wattage of each videocard and the 7600GT doesn't peak more than 150w if I remember correctly.

Suitable video cards?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG