The online racing simulator
Something truly amazing
(23 posts, started )
Something truly amazing
yes its absolutely beautiful, amazing work. Think this featured on discovery channel a few years ago.
Seen this before too. 'Jeremy Clarkson' on one of his Videos... the story of the guy who made it is just... :O i mean, the car its self is nothing, but the dedication to it, is like..
Quote from BlueFlame :Seen this before too. 'Jeremy Clarkson' on one of his Videos... the story of the guy who made it is just... :O i mean, the car its self is nothing, but the dedication to it, is like..

I AGREE with you, for a change!
Is it that little replica Ferrari? Whenever I see stuff like that it makes me sad.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is it that little replica Ferrari? Whenever I see stuff like that it makes me sad.

How can that engine sound make you sad? The little version actually sounds like a real ferrari! Thats awesome!
Quote from mcintyrej :How can that engine sound make you sad? The little version actually sounds like a real ferrari! Thats awesome!

I just wonder what the guy could've achieved if he'd applied all that love and attention to something worthwhile.

That's all I have to say on the subject, it makes me a bit sad.
you're just jealous?
I know what he means in a way. I think he means its kinda Sentimental, its nothing to do with its VALUE.
Its like... well... cute. Its a baby car nontheless
Quote from thisnameistaken :I just wonder what the guy could've achieved if he'd applied all that love and attention to something worthwhile.

He did! Except that his idea of what is worthwhile differs from yours.
Exactly
Quote from wsinda :He did! Except that his idea of what is worthwhile differs from yours.

Yeah I understand that. I don't know. I just know a lot of talented people who are putting a lot of effort into going nowhere and it reminds me of them.
Amazing piece of work and amazing dedication too!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I understand that. I don't know. I just know a lot of talented people who are putting a lot of effort into going nowhere and it reminds me of them.

It could be, but it wasn't wasted time for him. I may not like the way he uses it, and dedicated his spare time to his dream, not mine. Who am I to judge the way someone pursues his happiness, as long as his happiness doesn't harm me?

It's an amazing job, and an amazing display of dedication. I just wish I had the same dedication for the stuff that really bothers me. Respect is due.
One word

:wow:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I understand that. I don't know. I just know a lot of talented people who are putting a lot of effort into going nowhere and it reminds me of them.

Google "Pierre Scerri" and you'll see he isn't going nowhere. He's being admired across the world for his work. (This page has a nice story about the making of the car.) And here, you can read that
Quote :He was working as a telecommunications engineer during most of the time it took to build this miniature Ferrari in his spare time, but now he is making a living restoring full size vintage race cars while he works on new models.

Sounds like he's making quite a career.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I just wonder what the guy could've achieved if he'd applied all that love and attention to something worthwhile.

That's all I have to say on the subject, it makes me a bit sad.

What are you talking about?

If he brought that to his job interview, i'm sure he could get a job at any car company he wanted!
The man fulfilled a dream, how can that not be worthwhile?
#19 - FL!P

I think you just don't see it for what it is: an amazing piece of art.

It's not more a model than a Michelangelo painting is a picture.
Now that seriously is a piece of art!
It surely would be possible to equip it with a rc system.
Quote from FL!P :I think you just don't see it for what it is: an amazing piece of art.

I sometimes get the feeling I'm not quite as excited about cars as most people in this forum.
#22 - FL!P
I'm not calling it art because it's a car, but because of the dedication and the work this guy have put in it. It's not the medium that matters, it's the passion and the work.

Something truly amazing
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG