The online racing simulator
Race 07 MP Demo Relased
(117 posts, started )
Race 07 MP Demo Relased
Quote from Simbin/gamespot :
http://www.race-game.org/race07/download/demo.htm
http://www.gamespot.com/event/download/race07/
--------------------------------------------------
SimBin Development Team is prouder than ever before to announce the official PC demo for RACE 07 – The WTCC Game. This multiplayer demo contains several of the new features and game modes that RACE 07 will offer.

The RACE 07 demo allows you to fully explore the two tracks of Anderstorp, Sweden and Brands Hatch, UK along with the BMW E90 and Seat Leon. All from the current FIA WTCC calendar of 2007. On top of this you will also find the Formula 3000 class included.

“This demo is the first on-line enabled demo we have released and it includes more content and features than any other demo previously released by SimBin” said Henrik Roos, CEO SimBin Studios AB.

New features included in the demo are:
• Alternative action camera for a greater sense of speed from cockpit
• Helmet cam view for open cockpit cars
• New driver animations with helmet visor Tear Off effects.
• New dynamic weather effects for helmet visors and windshields
• Customized skin support
• Multiplayer with up to 24 opponents, or fill up the field with AI cars.

Download now and try the exiting WTCC cars and get a taste of the new Formula cars and go online as much as you want to.

might as well give it a try...
i dont think my pc will be able to handle that game... might aswell try it out
#3 - Jakg
Getting between 30, 60 and 110 KB/s downloading this game. Anyone know how big it is so i know whether it's worth waiting?
#4 - SamH
I'm not being mean or anything.. but no-one who ever wore a crash helmet, saw THIS when they looked out.
well i suppose it its jakg... with new graphics and cars... i think it just might be
#6 - axus
500MB or so.
And last time I checked, 60 is between 30 and 110.

Edit: Sam, wow, what a way to piss away screen real estate: let's show the inside of the helmet on 2/3 of the screen.
#7 - sam93
Quote from SamH :I'm not being mean or anything.. but no-one who ever wore a crash helmet, saw THIS when they looked out.

True you dont even really see any of the helmet well bearly any of the helmet a tall lol
#8 - Jakg
Quote from SamH :I'm not being mean or anything.. but no-one who ever wore a crash helmet, saw THIS when they looked out.

ROFL

Seriously - if i put my helmet on now sitting this far away from my monitor - i have space for FIVE monitors and another monitor above and below. On my bike i never have to look further than my helmet allows me to, unless i need to look behind me...
Quote from axus :500MB or so.

And last time I checked, 60 is between 30 and 110.

I hit 110 VERY rarely....
#9 - sam93
Im downloading at 250kbs to around 380kbs, i dont have very fast download speed coming into my pc i have 2mb broadband at the moment wont soon lol when i get my 20mbps ethernet back when i go back to my dads my internet downloading speeds will be better then i hope this game is worth downloading lol.
im hitting 140 on a 299.8 line :wow: , must be my luck or my internet is faster then what i was qouted by the guy who installed it ( he spoke little english )

anyone know the specs this game needs to run ??
Not meaning to be prejudiced, but isn't this just the same old ISI engine with a few new cars and shinier graphics?
Quote from TiJay :Not meaning to be prejudiced, but isn't this just the same old ISI engine with a few new cars and shinier graphics?

Yes.
#13 - Jakg
Just ftr i have an 8 mbit line (running at 6.5 MBIT atm) and i've seen 1,000 KB/s download speeds...

PS - Could anyone who thinks a corner set looks similar to LFS please post a link to a picture? I'll see what my hi-res copy of LFS can chuck out.

Cars are nice and high poly, but most of the other stuff looks naff!
is there a different mirror?
i hate to register for a single download...
#15 - mr_x
Quote from TiJay :Not meaning to be prejudiced, but isn't this just the same old ISI engine with a few new cars and shinier graphics?

Same ISI engine yes, tweaked physics which make it feel better than RACE, better sounds, better performance.

But because it's ISI engine it's going to be flamed and bashed to hell, just because some people don't want to admit it's good (fanboyism i think they call it). It's something I'm sick of seeing here, I actually like it, alot. But I really liked the original RACE, I think it has the right feel to it, and IMO, better feel than LFS. (go on, flame me).

/me puts on flameproof suit.
I thought they were making an all new physics engine for Race07?

Anyway the helmet view Sam posted made me laugh.
I might give this a try, but I downloaded the Race SP demo once and it kept crashing when I was trying to setup my wheel, and without the wheel I didn't want to play it.
Interesting birthday present to try today

Download speeds suck for me too atm, trying to find a faster download. Really need to find a torrent with good speed...
F3000 and Brands - me tries, then I can compare [the track] tomorrow.
If you want better download speeds and are using Firefox get the addon for it called downthemall it opens 5 connections and you get alot better download speeds.

Sam
#21 - Jakg
Quote from sam93 :If you want better download speeds and are using Firefox get the addon for it called downthemall it opens 5 connections and you get alot better download speeds.

Sam

Already using it, and i'm getting crappy download speeds...
#22 - mr_x
Quote from Becky Rose :I thought they were making an all new physics engine for Race07?

Nope, RACE07 is the last game on the ISI engine, the Lizard engine comes with the next game they release. It confuses alot of people because both were announced within a few weeks.
Im not im getting good speeds out of it could just be that you are not getting much signal through or not very good line at the moment. Does this game have that horrible feeling to it when you go around the corner and nothing is right it sort of feels like you are on a car trailer just like in GTR2?

Sam.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :is there a different mirror?
i hate to register for a single download...

using the 4players one, way fsater for me.
you don´t even have to be registered
did you guys try the 1st link? i was getting 500 kb/s on that one... i corrected the link now so it is clickable. I've only played a few minutes and i've already run into wreckers . lots of cars warping on the track.

Race 07 MP Demo Relased
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG