The online racing simulator
Dyin For New Cars
(75 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :I couldn`t really care for new interiors, I use chase view :rolleyes:

using a typically arcade view in a sim must be enjoyable.
Some new content would be long overdue imo....
Asking for new content within the first year of driving, is 40 lashes in the town square. Asking for musclecars is 20 lashes.
People that do this just seem kind of dumb to me, sorry. LFS isn't just about content, it's about the racing. Try some close racing with a few friends or take up skating again.
Quote from csurdongulos :using a typically arcade view in a sim must be enjoyable.

And here we go again, the fun is that if I see drivers that use chase-veiw, they normally on the top of the lists.
So how does it feels to get owned by the arcade racers, I`ll bet that feels good.

Anyway, more cars - yes please!
I can't be sure, having never really tried it in LFS, but isn't chaseview easier?
#31 - robt
its 50-50, you can see cars at your side better, but you have no idea whats going on behind you apart from listening to engine sounds. not the greatest thing in the world on starts and defending positions.
#32 - DeKo
Just to stick up for this guy a wee bit, there is a single player mode in LFS. he could have been driving cars a lot there, which doesnt show on lfsw.
I use chase view, but I often switch to incar to look at whats behind me, then go back to chase Chase view is easier for keeping check on your back end too.

I'd like more cars. Preferably a V8 of some sort, RWD, and likes to oversteer. And also a Reliant Robin wannabe for the UF1 to make passion with
Quote from The Very End :
And here we go again, the fun is that if I see drivers that use chase-veiw, they normally on the top of the lists.
So how does it feels to get owned by the arcade racers, I`ll bet that feels good.

tell me who would those be? I only know of one relatively fast chase view driver, but I never got owned by him :P
Quote from The Very End :And here we go again, the fun is that if I see drivers that use chase-veiw, they normally on the top of the lists.

And here we go again....same old rubbish about chase view drivers being the fastest, when of course the reality is that none of the fast guys I've raced since i joined the world of LFS use chase view. They all use cockpit view.

Back up your statement with some facts. Give us a list of the drivers that are aliens with chase view. I bet it's a tiny list.

@theirishnoob
You keep saying you cant get a good race in LFS. I've already stated that you are talking out of your backside http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=542436#post542436
In all those races i did last month i got wrecked off the line once. (and the guy that did it was banned pretty damn quickly)

@the OP
You've barely scraped the surface of LFS's cars. I've done over 48,000 miles and hardly scraped the surface of LFS's cars. It's a bit early to start crying out for more.
More cars when we get more people playing this game, alot more people. Adding cars now will just further divide people based on their favourite cars.

Quality before quantity should be our motto.
Quote from csurdongulos :tell me who would those be? I only know of one relatively fast chase view driver, but I never got owned by him :P

Yeah, likewise.

And Pecker's too easily distracted to be a real threat.

(Just kidding... he owns me on a regular basis. :[[[[[[)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, likewise.

And Pecker's too easily distracted to be a real threat.

(Just kidding... he owns me on a regular basis. :[[[[[[)

eheh, also true

not me though :P
...Some people are just too stupid to understand a joke, but anyway.... I`m not going to discuss, because you ùber sim god`s are not worth talking to since you really don`t give a shit, and talking to you don`t help eighter because you are too damn stubord to understabd anything anyway.

Anyway, it`s not what this topic is about, and I do really hope that one day you ûber sim gods really get something in your brain, that camera veiws has nothing with lap times to do.

Good GOD, why are you guy riding this dude so hard? Maybe he plays single player.

I've got 123,969 miles and I'm going to say it too: I want more cars. I'm getting bored of the same old combos. No, I haven't tried every combo, and nor do I want to because I don't like this or that. There, rag on me for saying the same thing, and leave this guy alone.
Quote from DeKo :Just to stick up for this guy a wee bit, there is a single player mode in LFS. he could have been driving cars a lot there, which doesnt show on lfsw.

Yeah, most likely. I think people often forget LFS works offline too. He certainly doesn't need shot down because he thinks LFS could do with more cars anyway. Plus this argument on views is kinda dumb (cock-pit FTW! ).

I'd say to the OP to try the game online more, as that can really add longevity to the cars. I almost universally drive the FOX online and I'm certainly not bored of it by any means.
Quote from The Very End :...Some people are just too stupid to understand a joke, but anyway.... I`m not going to discuss, because you ùber sim god`s are not worth talking to since you really don`t give a shit, and talking to you don`t help eighter because you are too damn stubord to understabd anything anyway.

says the one who can't even spell properly? just for the record, it was you who started coming up with how excellent chase view drivers were.

but you are right, my mistake trying to get into a discussion with you, won't happen again, I promise.
Well its an online simulator, yes you can play offline but its boring as hell. Until he tries out more combinations online then posting threads like this will only get him flamed. To do a comparison just look at my online stats, I never drive offline and I am definately not bored of LFS.
Quote from banshee56 :I've got 123,969 miles and I'm going to say it too: I want more cars. I'm getting bored of the same old combos. No, I haven't tried every combo, and nor do I want to because I don't like this or that. There, rag on me for saying the same thing, and leave this guy alone.

Uh... OK!
Ofcourse you are bored of the same old combos - you've done 123,969 miles! What do you want? A prize? Get out more! Get a life!

Sadly necessary disclaimer: all of the above is clearly sarcastic and an attempt at reversing the arguments used so far - any resemblance to a serious post is purely coincidental.
No prize needed here. It was just an illustration that someone who has a lot of experience is expressing the same opinion of a guy that doesn't have much experience at all, yet you guys are ragging on him because he expressing those opinions. What do I want? I want more content! I love LFS. I really do. But, I want more out of it because I love it.

Oh, and I do have a life. I have a wife and two kids, a dog and two cats, a house, a couple of cars, and two momos! And yes, my wife rolls her eyes when I wear my CoRe Racing t-shirt!
Quote from csurdongulos :says the one who can't even spell properly? just for the record, it was you who started coming up with how excellent chase view drivers were.

but you are right, my mistake trying to get into a discussion with you, won't happen again, I promise.

Well, not everyone can talk perfect english, because everyone doesn`t talk english as mother tongue.

But yet again this shows how great you are, pointing out aspect of people that they not can change.
Of course I could take a english course or two, but I rather write this crappy english and are perfectly happy with that.

Edit : and btw, I never said that chase veiw users are perfect or anything like that, I just find it funny that some people can whine and make so much fuzz about it. It`s a preference, a choise that we drive with chase veiw, and we are as fast as you, in you damn cock-pit view.
Quote from banshee56 :And yes, my wife rolls her eyes when I wear my CoRe Racing t-shirt!

It's because you got it wrong-side out again, Lee!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well its an online simulator, yes you can play offline but its boring as hell. Until he tries out more combinations online then posting threads like this will only get him flamed. To do a comparison just look at my online stats, I never drive offline and I am definately not bored of LFS.

Boring as hell? Not really. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean that others feel the same. My girlfriend is a chartered public finance accountant. Boring as hell to me... but she loves it (and makes a lot of money in the process! )

I drive offline all the time, because I don't want to race online all the time. I don't drive all the cars, again, because I don't want to. Yes, I want some different cars, and some different tracks. If LFS doesn't give me what I want, then I somewhere that does. Hello GTL/GTR/GTR2 and even (cough... only when desperate) TOCA3 and TDU (cough)

Ian
I think the name of the thread should be 'Dyin for new cars...but only ones I like'
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :ok i really love lfs and i play it just about every day as long as i can but im kinda starting to get bored with the cars in the game. we need some new cars and a bigger variaty of cars. like some older cars like mustangs and chargers or some old stingrays. and maybe some dirt cars like trophy trucks and rally cars. or at very least some more types of cars because most of the cars in the game are just souped up versions of the other cars and it really makes the selection of cars in the game very boring.what do you guys think.

SAME!

Dyin For New Cars
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG