The online racing simulator
read the instalation instructions of the package... the format is in dds. I do this because LFS will downsize my 2048 jpegs to 1024x1024 while converting to dds... and that's what i don't want. Although, for lfsworlds you need a 1024 jpg (wich i don't include into the package because of the following reason, wich i specially resize, and compress to upload to lfsworld.

Skins that i release are available in lfsworld without the need to upload your own, because i do so when i post them...

if you follow the instalation instructions (wich is choosing either the 512 or 2048 file then extracting to your lfs main dir), when you select the FOX while playing online, people will be able to view your skin.

meaning you don't need the jpg to upload to lfsworld because it's already there.

BTW.. i'll be posting 2 versions of an old custom sponsoder IPSD Brabham, plus the redesigned one sponsored by Smoking shortly..., heh.. got tons of FOX to post yet.
nice, if they are as good as the previous ones, then can't wait to check them out.
This is actually the second skin i made for the FOX when i was learning how to do so..., Basically, Tomas Cintolesi wanted an adaptation of an old Brabham with custom sponsors. Although the car is very simple, and it might go out as just a car with stickers, it stands out whenever it´s in the track, it has a unique presence that won´t let it go without catching your eye. The Fox IPSD 2006 won´t be driven anymore by Tomas Cintolesi, since he changed sponsors... it looks the best with cromo tyres and hope you guys enjoy it.

The package contains both 512 and 2048 versions of the skin, along with settings for wheel colors, choose according to your pc capabilities. Skin is available at lfsworld for online usage.

more skins can be found at http://www.vf1.cl/skins/skins.htm as they come available

previews and download
Attached images
tb_FOX_003TCINTOLE01.jpg
03_tcintolesi03.jpg
Attached files
FOX_003TCINTOLE01.zip - 147.9 KB - 440 views
Patricio Achondo is one of the most talented racers in our club, with experience in pro-karting, he wanted an adaptation of the 1973 BMW 3.0 CSL racing car. The BMW M Fox 2007 was dressed with the most advanced tecniques of german engineering... it is white, with stripes, and with a number in the side. Extremely simple, yet it embodies the soul of the classic BMW that once raced in the track. The car goes the best with cromo tyres, and hope you guys enjoy it.

The package contains both 512 and 2048 versions of the skin, along with settings for wheel colors, choose according to your pc capabilities. Skin is available at lfsworld for online usage.

more skins can be found at http://www.vf1.cl/skins/skins.htm as they come available

previews and download
Attached images
tb_FOX_110PACHONDO01.jpg
110_pachondo03.jpg
Attached files
FOX_110PACHONDO01.zip - 148.9 KB - 512 views
I guess he is using 2 screenshots (one with the car and one without). He gave the background a heavy gaussian blur. The car itself is a duplicated layer. One with gaussian blur more brightness and contrast and reduced transparency above the original layer with the car. Thats how I would do it.

btw: Very nice skins vf1-xj220.
heh... very detailed description Anathema... Indeed is kinda that way, example from the last screen with the BMW, first, i overexpose a bit the whole screenshot, then cutout the car from it.Then i placed 3 stages of Lens blur depending on the distance of the scenario in the background with a smooth transition. That´s for the depth effect. The car would look misplaced since it would "overstandout" from the entire picture, that´s because when you take a picture that way, it´s hard to get the whole car in focus, and perfect pictures aren´t good looking for screenshots. I duplicate the layer from the car then i apply heavy overexpose over it, then heavy gaussian blur, change layer to hard light, then adjust transparency. That´ll result in the "bloom" effect of the car. The visible layer of the car gets a very slight zoom blur to off focus some part sof the car, then the picture is done with a "beautiful summer day" effect.

thanks for the feedback, it´s always good to know that your work is appreciated. Checkout my gallery here http://www.vf1.cl/gallery/gallery.htm, if you see any unreleased car that you like, feel free to ask and i´ll haste it´s release... they are just unpackaged so it´s real easy.
´
I´ll be releasing Christian Cornejo´s FOX tomorrow, it´s a nice blue paintjob based on his real Formula 3... hope you guys like it too.
Quote from vf1-xj220 :...

Why don't you post your skins like this instead...
Quote from Riders Motion :Why don't you post your skins like this instead...

If he chooses to post them like that, it's his choice..
You have permission to post it?
Mainly because either the game doesn't properly compress the skin into dds, or it downgrades it to 1024x1024 (if you place the jpg looks pretty crappy sometimes)... so you won't be enjoying the nice benefits of having 2048x2048 textures. Also some cars like the one i'm releasing today, they go with an specific wheel color, and i like everyone to enjoy the paintjob as the author (me) intended. i put a lot of attention to detail when it comes to a new paintob, and also, proper packaging is part of that attention to detail.

Christian Cornejo is a rising star in our country's Formula 3 Championship, he became addicted to our racing club when he found himself in pressure situations alike as the real ones... thanks to the steady level of our racers. He always wanted a new paintjob for his formula 3 and asked me to design something considering his sponsors and mantaining his trademark... the blue car with yellow rims. The FOX MasVida LiquiMoly 2007 has the soul of a true racing car... very distinguishable in the track, it's easily recognizable and it can hold the pressure of it's driver. It goes the best with cromo tyres, and hope you guys enjoy it.

previews and download
Attached images
tb_FOX_012CCORNEJO01.jpg
12_ccornejo03.jpg
ccornejo_originalf3.jpg
Attached files
FOX_012CCORNEJO01.zip - 174.5 KB - 508 views
Hi, this is the slipangle skin.
Now, i can' t post a preview, because i have LFS on mi girlfriend's PC.

Ciao.

Ugo.

Download
Quote from vf1-xj220 :Mainly because either the game doesn't properly compress the skin into dds, or it downgrades it to 1024x1024 (if you place the jpg looks pretty crappy sometimes)... so you won't be enjoying the nice benefits of having 2048x2048 textures.

If you place the 2048x2048 textures in the skins/ folder, and use uncompressed (not compressed) skins in game, they'll show as 2048x2048 original like in the past.
is there a "non compressed mode"? like using "TIF" files? because jpg is compressed anyways. as you might have seen i like closeups a lot.. and sometimes even jpeg compression would change some colors and even at level 12 compression some color combinations would create compression squares visible on some sponsors at close range. and i think dds is somehow faster and more practical since the videocard would port the jpg to dds anyways when in memory.

but then, i still want people to race with the car using the original rim colors...

i wish i could have installshield to make a nice two click installing exe.
Hey peeps,,,,,,

As i said months ago,,,,,,, that skin was my last paint job.

Now ive finaly got the hang of gimp and all it's tools, ive practiced alot so now ive got a skin (finaly) to show, yes its still part of my old collection.

The skin has been uploaded incase nyone wants to use it,

Please tell me what u think about it thanks

The shots are in bmp, sorry i forgot to change
Attached images
FO8_JF1_LO F.JPG
LFS Lo F pose.bmp
LFS Lo F speeds past.bmp
Here is a public version of a skin I made recently, anyone can use it but please do not modify the skin or claim it as your own. The skin is already uploaded, so all you need to do is put it in your skins folder.
Attached images
FO8 KNS public preview.jpg
FO8_KNSpublic.jpg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Here is a public version of a skin I made recently, anyone can use it but please do not modify the skin or claim it as your own. The skin is already uploaded, so all you need to do is put it in your skins folder.

Simple but very nice! I like the colors combinations u used I'm certainly gonna use it Thanks for a good skin
A Jaguar inspired skin I knocked together some time ago. Feel free to use or modify as you wish.
Attached images
JagF.jpg
FOX_JAGUBOOST.jpg
Amazing! I like how you wrapped the cat around the hood. Respect.
Yes, that skin was really amazing
Quote from mutt107 :thats nice can u make it public?

Ill probably release a public version with my website and a blank number plate this weekend sometime.
Quote from MattxMosh :Ill probably release a public version with my website and a blank number plate this weekend sometime.

kk
Pablo Matte asked for a car featuring quite a bit of sponsors, but mainly a Red-White Honda FOX. Up to date, this is one of my masterpieces along with Antonio de Gavardo's Aprilia-Gildemeister. Inspired to take the agressiveness of the Legendary Mclaren Honda, the Mountain Dew-Honda 2007 has a really unique precense on the track, stuffed with sponsors, this is a true racing car that can bestow even the mightiest driver, taking shape of a monster to be feared on the track.

It goes the best with original Cromo Tyres, Hope you guys enjoy it.

previews and download
Attached images
tb_FOX_020PMATTE01.jpg
20_pmatte03.jpg
Attached files
FOX_020PMATTE01.zip - 241.4 KB - 443 views

FORMULA Skins (XR & V8)
(1438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG