The online racing simulator
SRT Presents - This Week in Sim Racing !!!
Hello LFS Community !

Before you get to the press release.. This show has LFS in it ! We hope you like it and we promise there's more to come !

Come check out the new show by the team at Sim Racing Tonight..
"This Week in Sim Racing"
SRT had so many leagues and current events to keep up with that we felt a monthly show wasn't enough to cover it all.. So we decided to bring you weekly updates in addtion to Sim Racing Tonight!
We'd like to introduce Kayla Russell to the team at SRT. She'll be your host for first episode of "This Week in Sim Racing".
Sim Racing Tonight will be the place to find every episode, so come check it out !! We hope you enjoy it !
CLICK HERE !!

Darin Gangi
Sim Racing Tonight
#2 - DeKo
Pretty good, apart from the way she pronounces megane.
good stuff
Fairly good Next week looks like it qill be good
Impressive
I really enjoyed watching this!
#6 - Nobo
Looking forward how you will introduce LFS in the show in the next episode.
I have seen the preview in this show and i have seen you had all the messages, laps, chat, driver names and stuff on, looks much better when you switch all that stuff for some ingame shots. As long as you not trying to explain how LFS works with all that stuff.
Maybe use Shift+u mode instead of standard in-game camera.

Just some little improvement suggestions:
If you show the race results, be sure that they are clearly readable otherwise they are more or less senseless. (Maybe less information but better visible)
If you show the next race for a specific event, hold in the track picture as long as you are speaking about the event and then make the cut. And maybe the logo of that event over the track picture. (When the first cut was i wasnt pretty sure if that track picture belonged to the next event or the event series shown)

Would be cool if you could introduce some of the main LFS Events in your weekly show. For example last week there was the first round of a huge event "Battle of the Teams" lot of drivers competed there, lot of well known teams.
Hi Shaun.

A good showette and thank you for the coverage . That was a pleasant suprise.
Im glad you liked it! Your piece was actually the easiest to drop in cause you have that cool intro!

I'm sure STCC will be getting more coverage in the future..

Darin

Quote from Becky Rose :Hi Shaun.

A good showette and thank you for the coverage . That was a pleasant suprise.

Great stuff, looking forward to see the next week`s episode
Makes you realise what shitty names our sims and leagues have. "Let's look at the results from the GTR2 LPMMCLXXXI 27B/6, where Jimbob is on pole in the PPPPPPPXP Mk2"

I feel for that poor lady who had to read five pages of abbreviations!
These are fantastic guys, I cant wait for the next edition about how sim racing all started.
I'm going to post the video's in a few simracing forums I go on, you certainly deserve all the support you can get.
Any Kayla fans already?

And it might very well be that is how you pronounce megane in rfactor world We dont know that.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Makes you realise what shitty names our sims and leagues have. "Let's look at the results from the GTR2 LPMMCLXXXI 27B/6, where Jimbob is on pole in the PPPPPPPXP Mk2"

I feel for that poor lady who had to read five pages of abbreviations!

When they're all bunched together like that it is a bit TLA overload. What's the alternative though? The Piston Cup?

Edit: Forgot to mention - both shows were good, and I'll be watching the next editions.
Just took a quick glance at the episode. Really good, I did notice in all the LFS shots menu's weren't taken away, such a small thing but SHIFT+F = ownage.
~Bryan~
Don't worry about the names.. We'll make sure the community and world looks at LFS as a true sim!

In all honesty though about this community, it is harder to report on to the real world..

Names like "Asslover" or "MexicanMan" don't go over as well as names like Dom Duhan or Greger Huttu..

We want to report on as many legitimate LFS leagues as possible.. If people could just alter the final standings to show the peoples real names and then send us that, we'll report em.. Like STCC.. They announce only realnames and it adds to the realism in my opinion..

Darin

Quote from dropin_biking :Just took a quick glance at the episode. Really good, I did notice in all the LFS shots menu's weren't taken away, such a small thing but SHIFT+F = ownage.
~Bryan~

Darin, you'll certainly be getting reports from the IGTC and from the League of the Americas' series.
I watched most of the video content uploaded so far, looks promising. I take it you're all new to presenting? If so, you'll no doubt get into a better rythm, you need to remember not to rush, relax, and take moments to pause and breathe inbetween sentences, there seemed a few occasions where there were small pauses to the flow where there shouldn't have been, due to the 5 minute barrage of text before hand. It would make it easier to listen to as well. I'm probably picking up on this because it's the exact same problems I have when public speaking.

I felt there was a bit of repitition in the description of the shifter, if you can't think of any other words to describe it, repeating them doesn't give more of an idea of the product. Then how you were moving it around when you had it in your hands, seemed very fast, maybe that's due to the springs in the shifter, but it seemed a bit... amateurish. It would also have been niced if you talked about using it with a clutch pedal and commenting on working the two together, but mentioning the obvious limitations where there is no mechanical linkage between the shifter and clutch pedal.

I won't comment on the humour as American humour falls flat with me at the best of times. I've watched little in the way of American TV but it seemed quite stereotypical of the style (in some ways), if that's what you're aiming for then it's working.

Sorry if my post seems very critical, on the whole it is good and I do encourage you to get better, I'm just commenting on what stood out to me. Hopefully the constructive criticism will be useful.
"..will take an in-depth look at Live For Speed and what makes this a top sim.."

WOO.
Thanks for the comments Bob.. We'll take your suggestions into consideration.

Quote from Bob Smith :I watched most of the video content uploaded so far, looks promising. I take it you're all new to presenting? If so, you'll no doubt get into a better rythm, you need to remember not to rush, relax, and take moments to pause and breathe inbetween sentences, there seemed a few occasions where there were small pauses to the flow where there shouldn't have been, due to the 5 minute barrage of text before hand. It would make it easier to listen to as well. I'm probably picking up on this because it's the exact same problems I have when public speaking.

I felt there was a bit of repitition in the description of the shifter, if you can't think of any other words to describe it, repeating them doesn't give more of an idea of the product. Then how you were moving it around when you had it in your hands, seemed very fast, maybe that's due to the springs in the shifter, but it seemed a bit... amateurish. It would also have been niced if you talked about using it with a clutch pedal and commenting on working the two together, but mentioning the obvious limitations where there is no mechanical linkage between the shifter and clutch pedal.

I won't comment on the humour as American humour falls flat with me at the best of times. I've watched little in the way of American TV but it seemed quite stereotypical of the style (in some ways), if that's what you're aiming for then it's working.

Sorry if my post seems very critical, on the whole it is good and I do encourage you to get better, I'm just commenting on what stood out to me. Hopefully the constructive criticism will be useful.

People seem to have a phobia of having their real names in LFS, I remember one instance in particular where someone was VERY anti having to give their real name
Looks promising really!
I'm watching right now.
Quote from danowat :People seem to have a phobia of having their real names in LFS, I remember one instance in particular where someone was VERY anti having to give their real name

What frustrates me though is that people dont have to give their real name really, as long as its real sounding, but instead whenever real name is mentioned such as the CTRA 'OPTIONAL real name fields' as just 1 example (but i've had others) I have faced either resistance or the entry of daft names which spoils the whole concept.

Take myself, I use my middle name as if it is my last name. Giving me net annonymity from my stalker ( SamH ), which is also good because my surname sucks and nobody can pronounce it right and I hate it. Yet i've removed [optional] 'real' names entered into CTRA - from some drivers 5 or 6 times - from the benign to the outright outrageous. Who knew Adolf Hitler was into CTRA...

I dont get the big deal anyway, if you are worried about people following you and photographing you in your sisters knickers for a forum scoop then your IP address is far more revealing, (and you know SamH can get that as a moderator anyway right...? )
I have no issues giving my real name, it's a rule when you race in the ESL anyway, but some people seem to worry about it as if's its a big deal, gawd knows why though.
I would drive in LFS under my full real name if there were enough characters, I am forced to settle with D.Dawes or Dustin, the former isn't very descriptive, seeing my last name is in my LFS Username, and Dustin is best, but I'd much rather be able to throw my entire name in, but due to SOMEONE and his strict team tag colourization, people haffto remove spaces from their name, just for it to work... not mentioning anyone specific, just that he's slow, sorta funny looking, and very loud.
I use my name, Blas I just don't use my last name because It would look Big (Blas Aguilar) and even bigger with the full name "Blas Aguilar Gaxiola"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG