Yes! everything works better in S-2
Yes! Both
No! Other things are going on And not much time for LFS anymore
Yes! Physics Schmizics... Practice Makes Perfect
No! Both
No! since they changed {insert issue here} things have gotten harder
A Progress report please
Did the title get your attention? GOOD!
A lot of posts and threads whine about some sort of progress report from the Dev (LOL SEV) about what they've been doing with the game development. Well that's got me to thinking.... What about a progress report from the people that PLAY LFS? People that's been playing for a while anyways. like do you think that as a player that you've gotten better since S-1 days overall? And if so is it because of the changes made in S-2 or just because of steady play or both?
I mean think about it. All these people sooo wrapped up in this game. They have put so much time & effort into LFS. And the people I'm talking about
that do all this aren't the devs. They're just the people that got licenses.
I dunno I think this should be a poll, so I'll make one for it.
i am not going to vote. waste of time. illepall
Quote from SchneeFee :i am not going to vote. waste of time. illepall

And your reply wasn't waste of time? illepall
what are you talking about schnee?? this thread should have been made long ago!
sry, but i dont get the point of this poll.
Imho its just there to get some attention by its title.

@deggies: dont worry, my post didnt take too long.
I'm not going to post. waste of ti... DAMN, I lose

No seriously, not that I'd played much in S1, but I'm pretty satisfied with S2. My (LFS) driving skills have improved alot and the few physics bugs still there aren't as disturbing as some people make it seem to be.

Though lately, mostly due to my job, the time I spend with LFS gets shorter and shorter, but I guess that's simply evolving into a kinda up and down curve of playtime, like in all other games.
Edited : I'd better read before posting
he wants a progress report done by the players

edit : ahh, you know the edit button
I'd love to say "Yes! everything works better in S-2", but unfortunately the fact is that "other things are going on And not much time for LFS anymore", so I just dont have the time to dedicate to LFS'ing Things certainly seem a lot better - for instance the XRT, but interestingly the MRT seems a tad more wobbly and tricky than S1.
Just my opinion, but I think some people are losing interest. I've tried to explain it before, but I sound too crazy. And I do think that some people are growing old and tired of the same ol' LFS. Probably not a large amount feel this way, but it has been told to me by quite a few players. I am sure that others have just outgrown the game like most people do

But as much as I love LFS, I don't race as much as I did in S1... College and a big project to finish for the sake of LFS is all tied up in my hands to keep me busy.
When I saw the title I was just thinking "not another one..we all know his just about got the kitchen done", but I was wrong

After S2 came out I started playing a bit more seriously than before - and I like to think this has reflected in my racing & laptimes. I can definately handle being in a lot of traffic better than my S1 days. Recently I've not had the time for it much, and I don't actually like the Aston/Westhill tracks which everyone seems to race on these days. I'm sure once my free time is on the up again I'll be playing a lot more. I do think for the most part (with the exception of one or two cars - thinking of the MRT here) S2 does everything S1 did but better. Well except for that handbrake adjustment disappearing illepall
That's true. This year I was again "deep in LFS", but for much shorter period, uncomparable with 2003 or 2004. It is impossible to keep doing the same thing if it doesn't give you the same joy. Now I use to fly in X-Plane, steadily build the airports of my city.
Quote from the_angry_angel :but interestingly the MRT seems a tad more wobbly and tricky than S1.

What the hell have you been doing then? Before it was like riding a knife-edge, between setting a good laptime and disappearing into the hedge.

Now it handles sweet, you can correct oversteer, and even drift it around the tighter corners. If that's not improvement I don't know what is.
I only joined the party shortly before S2 came out, but I am spending quite a lot of my free-free time* on LFS these days. Unfortunately, like Rtsbasic above, I don't really like the most popular combos (Aston long configs + big GTRs) so I tend to lap offline as much as I do online.

* Those rare periods of free time which aren't booked in advance by my girlfriend, or aren't spent keeping the callouses on my fingertips in gig-ready bassplaying shape.
Quote from SchneeFee :sry, but i dont get the point of this poll.
Imho its just there to get some attention by its title.

Nah dude you got it backwards... the title's is there for you to pay attention to the poll. We've heard more than enough about wanting progress reports from the devs....If I wanted that, I'd a said so. IMHO, they do enough about that anyways.
If you still think it's a waste of time - oh well...
Quote from Bob Smith :What the hell have you been doing then? Before it was like riding a knife-edge, between setting a good laptime and disappearing into the hedge.

Now it handles sweet, you can correct oversteer, and even drift it around the tighter corners. If that's not improvement I don't know what is.

use the hardtrack setup and see what happens, now go to S1 and try that hardtrack, in S1 it handled much easier with all forms of setups, now in S2.. wrong setup wont work.. if its not in some buffer zone of whats right, it wont feel right.. or will just go off the side of the track and crash and burn.. but still
I thought this should be clear to you but NEVER EVER use the default setups from LFS. They seem to be somewhat automatically generated based on the vehicles weight and in most cases are simply horrible.

What you see is the coincidence that the horrible S1 hard track setups worked better with the less detailed suspension & tyre model S1 had. Now in S2 their awfulness is even more pronounced.
As we all know Scawen has been busy with the new language support, so what huge improvements do you expect??
I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time...
I can't really compare, because I played S1 on an old slow computer with a non-ff joystick, but for S2, I built a nice fast computer and got a DFP. But I will say the overall "feel" is much better, as I did play S2 Demo on my old setup, and it still felt miles ahead of S1.
S2 is better in every condition..except for maybe that S1 popcorn noise. Just put that in their with a button, so i can click it and listen to it.
gettin better every day, a little less time 4 it every day
its a fact, maybe it will change, but as LFS develops (just do it: try out to drive a good time in S1...lol...u will wonder) I will kepp playing it...

Yet S1 was a GOOD ONE, S2 is way better and i think, in no other community, the contact to the devs is so close, that nearly everyone knows about the "kitchen progress", and the most of the players built friendships just by driving n having fun (almost) together, this effort is one of the greatest, i think
(unless in S2 there are some bugs and it often says "LFS.exe hat einen Fehler verursacht", were gonna catch them all and its the devs job to kill them...)
:biggun: :headbang:
Now, see if you had named the title have you improved since S1, their would be alot less posts in here
Quote from Bob Smith :What the hell have you been doing then? Before it was like riding a knife-edge, between setting a good laptime and disappearing into the hedge.

i noticed that too I dont remember ever powersliding through corners or gettin some angle while diving in for the apex in s1, but i did a bit of that in s2 when racing without losing control.

Either I'm an idiot (as I've been telling you), or I just got used to it. Who knows.

A Progress report please
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG