The online racing simulator
what car is the XRT based on?
(55 posts, started )
He might be Borat!
#28 - Davo
Ahh that's what I love about lfs, we don't only get 1 real car we get a few others as well
I never understood the debate about the XRT really. A Supra? Ehrm...

There is only one car that looks exactly the same as the XRT. It has the same shape, style and details. The same popup headlights, sidepods, skirts, spoilers and beamers/rear lights. And I said style because this car has a sharp styling. There isn't a single rounded surface on the cars at all. Add a little grill to the nose and the XRT becomes basicly a clone of this car.

It's the Misubishi Starion EX Turbo.

There used to be a cheaper Starion version in the beginning. It had no sidepods and spoilers and no turbo either. Guess what car in LFS lookes pritty much the same.

The 2 ltr Turbo was the European Version. In the US the 2.6 ltr was sold. That engine was not performer for sure. They took it straight from the van/Pajero production line. The 2 ltr was nice though.
Does anyone else thing the engines in LFS are remarkably powerful considering their size?
I agree with the majority of other opinions in this thread; the XRT is based on the Mitsubishi Starion and any differences are there to avoid any legal confrontations.

I personally think the XRT is a starion with a 4G63T . Mitsubishi/DSM ftw!
Externally. It`s a widebody Starion, or one of the many other versions made by many, many other companies.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Yeah, I would have to say the Starion. From the pictures above, it looks 99% like it. The only thing is that the tail lights are slanted on the real car.
Starion , i am sure
Starion... Thread closed guys?
Quote from Tweaker :It's definitely from that era of the Starion and 2nd Gen Rx7.

The interior is actually different to any of those cars, and afaik, it is much like a 3000 GT, which is Eric's own car .

I only wished it actually looked that nice!!! *cough*

And thank god for that. If the interior was like that of a 2nd gen rx7, nobody could stand driving one.

I own a FC btw
the xrt is based on the mitsubishi starion turbo
Quote from andybarsblade :edit : 2.0 turbo 177hp
or 2.6 turbo 153hp acording to parkers

so i was well off

How the hell did they manage to get such a small amount of power from such a big engine?
Quote from XCNuse :the front doesn't look much at all like a 944, the XR is nearly an exact replica of the Starion

Really don't know how that can be said but looking at the 944, I can understand, but the lights under the headlights are significantly similar.
Edit : Starion, close the thread!
#42 - wark
Quote from KevanB :I agree with the majority of other opinions in this thread; the XRT is based on the Mitsubishi Starion and any differences are there to avoid any legal confrontations.

I personally think the XRT is a starion with a 4G63T . Mitsubishi/DSM ftw!

Good thing we don't have engine damage yet.
Would be a lot of trouble with crankwalk
it looks like a starion with the window archs of a 180sx and the side flares of a mid aged rx-7 imo
i reckon its based on the 4th Generation of Toyota Celica.
it looks exactly the same as the celica
Attached images
Toyota%20Celica%20ST162.jpg
ST165_1988_black_mchoi.jpg
(Nice bumping of an 8 month old thread BTW)

what car is the XRT based on??
The correct answer is the XRG

There's no doubt at all that the XRG is a Starion, and the XRT is just the same with a bit of bodywork slapped on. There are similarities with a lot of the aforementioned cars, but the Starion is the only one that's like a 95% match.
I think it is a Dodge Conquest
starion
Attached images
starion2.jpg

what car is the XRT based on?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG