The online racing simulator
Reason why people hate LX4/6
(93 posts, started )
LRF @ Aston Historic is a nice choice.
I'm not sure if I can make it, but i'll try to be online today in the evening with this combo.
Perhaps some of the thousands who love LX-racing are joining, too.
Quote from mrodgers :No need for this Richy. You remember what was going on when you first joined the forum? You've come a long way, my friend. I've seen and raced with you plenty in the CTRA servers and you've turned out to be quite the fine racer indeed.

LX6, yes, it's a beast to handle. But I've grown to really love the LX4. I don't think it is a difficult one to drive at all. Once you figure it out, which doesn't take a whole lot of figuring, the rear end plants right down. I don't find it twitchy, nor find it a handful. Well, maybe a little, but no worse than any other car. The XRT, in my case, is a worse car to try to come to grips with (no pun intended). I have horrible oversteer which I can not tame at all no matter how I set it up. A very nice LFS car to race that LX4 is.

lol wasn't exactly smooth sailing into the live for speed world, I learnt a lot those first few weeks. like dont drive the wrong way up eau rouge, soz tweaker, actually that was in an lx I think hehe. maybe thats why im scared of them, bad experience.

I tried the LX competition I finished higher than average but I wasnt consistent and I wasnt really fast, like I could see other drivers on the autocross circuit doing. I guess I just need to spend more time in those cars and less in the others to get used to its characteristics.

I love all the cars, FWD, RWD, fatties, thinnies. There just isnt enough time in the day to race them all.
#53 - Iron
I don't get how ppl can dislike even one car/track or another. Maybe because it's not the cars/tracks that i like, but racing itself. As long as it's good racing, i couldn't care less what car i'm driving on what track. What I don't like though is monotone. I just found a good server for this: Dead Men Racing. They run a different combo every week (starting with fridays), and there's a 1 hour long race every thursday. They're active too, there are 6-8 ppl at least on every night from 22:00 to 23:00 cet. Yeah, I know, it's not 20+ grid, but it's the best you can have until we get a great influx of players in LFS generally. Sure, then even more ppl will be playing the same boring combos again and again, but there will be more ppl who will like other combos as well.
Quote from Iron :I just found a good server for this: Dead Men Racing.

Maybe my favourite server. I feel bad actually - I haven't stopped in to see those guys in a while.
Quote from mrodgers :When STCC had the LFR+LX4 server, I had always seen others chose the LX4 over the LFRs independent of their license. I wish the CTRA would bring that car class combo back.

I loved that server, proper driving (g25 stylee) and proper cars but my licence limited me to lx4 . Still though good racing and good times.
I will admit i didn't used to race the lx cars until one of season 1 bott round was lrf so i got into racing lx6, practiced enough to keep the car on the road but not particularly quick. The point is though even to drive them slowly compared to WR times the cars are fun
I always get a bit emo when I think about the LX
When I first started playing S1, they were even harder to control just like the XRT. The LX4 was, with practice though, manageable. The LX6 was just a bit too much for me Now with S2 though it's much easier but still quite a handfull. I guess most people have like a love/hate relationship with them.
The LX4 I love, very easy to drive consistently on the edge, the LX6 I like, but not as much, mostly because I can't drive, but it's still fun to drive in a more relaxed setting.
I don't like much the LX4 but I really enjoy driving the 6! It's very hard to find a server, so it's almost only offline!
Quote from SamH :We ran servers for the LXs but they never filled.

me thinks the entrance fee was a bit steep there
#60 - Jakg
...there WAS no entrance fee...
i like the LX's, and think they're easy to drive, if you don't overdo it with the gas in turns.
Quote from Jakg :...there WAS no entrance fee...

Maybe he's talking about licence was too high for the server
#63 - SamH
Quote from Greboth :Maybe he's talking about licence was too high for the server

Odd Combo, very LX-friendly. Odd Compo too. And you couldn't get more LX friendly than the LRF Club. These are the servers I think Jak's referring to.

We ran them right up to Patch X, but they were left behind because of InSim changes and because nobody had entered them in weeks or months.
Hi,

i almost drive atm only in signle player because there are nearly no servers with "non-mainstream" - cars. I like the LX4 because of it's beasty sound and it is driveable for me. I am working on a setup for SO Long with LX4. The LX6 is not really my car cuz of its power.
The mean of my posting: i dunno why other people dont drive cars like RB4 or FXO and all those cars, wich i think are pretty interesting.
Those GTR cars must become anytime boring, ffs. :/
Quote from Jakg :...there WAS no entrance fee...

enduring at least a week of tbo driving is one hell of a fee to pay

Quote from SamH :Odd Combo, very LX-friendly. Odd Compo too. And you couldn't get more LX friendly than the LRF Club. These are the servers I think Jak's referring to.

We ran them right up to Patch X, but they were left behind because of InSim changes and because nobody had entered them in weeks or months.

i did use them a bit when they were fresh and actually populated ... sort of
i though you closed them years ago though ... apparently i was wrong
#66 - JTbo
Is it that you actually need to understand how to drive car to gain control to them?

Don't know, I really do like them, I like all non downforce cars that are not FWD crap

I don't actually join many servers, only to my own or then I create game when I decide to have a race, but reason I'm not joining to other servers is because they often don't offer what I prefer (non winged RWD goodness).
Quote from JTbo :I don't actually join many servers, to my own or then I create server when I decide to have race, but not joining to other servers because they often don't offer what I prefer.

Read that sentence again.
I like LX's and LRF class, very enjoyable and skill-requiring cars, but almost noone is racing with them online. Only drifting...
They're fun, exciting, and challenging cars to drive, but I hate them for racing because controlling the car is so difficult.
Once you've given them enough time to get used to them, I'm sure most of you will fall for them. I never liked the LX6 until a certain combo popped up SO2R (The one with the nasty last right hander, I think?) with the LX6. I was crap to begin with racing along side the top Muroc boys, but after a decent set and 20 laps I was running with the best of them. And the car handled beautifully, I guess you just need one decent experience in the car and from then on you'll be in love.
i love the Lx's! i love the sound of the LX4 when you over rev it, gorgeous!! :P
#72 - JTbo
Quote from Hyperactive :Read that sentence again.

It is too hard, I prefer spelling and thinking errors over reading

Now let's add word only there, maybe that should do it

LX4 is not as fun as LX6, mostly because I'm crap driver and LX6 has power to outcome driver errors :revs:
#73 - Woz
Quote from Glenn67 :OT Thats what I don't get with the asia pacific region the servers that get populated are always the servers with all cars enabled. I just want go to such servers because everyone just ends up driving the GTR's or BF1 Hence I almost always race on european servers which is a shame really.

I'm noticing a few new LFS users from down under that are over the age of 40 so maybe that will change at some point My favorite cars by far in LFS is the road cars in particular the XFG, XRG, LX4, LX6 and FZ5 /OT

I know what you mean. ProRacingRoom servers are good because the admins will change/lock configs when asked. Normally pulls a goodd crowd as well that race fair.

The MNR servers normally lock based on the current season, which is UFR/XFR at the moment. Great fun but v hard competition.

If you jump on one of these server you normally get people soon enough.
Quote from Woz :I know what you mean. ProRacingRoom servers are good because the admins will change/lock configs when asked. Normally pulls a goodd crowd as well that race fair.

The MNR servers normally lock based on the current season, which is UFR/XFR at the moment. Great fun but v hard competition.

I have jumped on the ProRacingRoom server a number of times when I see they limit cars to the road cars, and they are a good crew have had some good racing there

I don't see the MNR server much at all must be the times I'm on as I'm in the West.

Have seen the ProRacingRoom guys have had it on XFG/XRG for the last couple of days but have been too sick to join

But I'm not too sick to not spam the forums
Some people seem to be blaming the car for being a wildy oversteering "twitchy" car. This is wrong. With LX you need to tone down all your inputs because you simply don't need the usual inputs with such light cars; your usual "sawing" the wheel of a heavy japanese turbo box will of course spin off and crash. But you can't mutter it's the car. It's just you. Driver error.

They are beautifully balanced. They offer (for me) the purest and most intoxicating blend of subtle balance and control. I've driven countless laps on autocross drift circuits in various degrees of oversteer making the tiniest but firm inputs with all the controls and getting a genuine response from the car that just flows like no other.

Sure, you can drive the formula type cars much faster but their massive downforces tend to curtail the fun factor somewhat for me. And all the other cars are just too heavy (even if they are the very powerful ones).

And I agree with those who say the LX4 is best car to teach real driving skills with. Totally agree.

When I'm online I run a LX only server using the classic Swain Drift autocross layout but with glorious sunshine instead. Called something like "Sunshine Drift for very sto*ed", I think. Any welcome.

Reason why people hate LX4/6
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG