The online racing simulator
Xbox 360
(39 posts, started )
im getting a 360 soon
You've already been red ringed of death.
I want all of your tags when you get them then, so I can add you

Mine is getting worse with every passing day. And the heat a couple of days ago meant I had to give up and switch to the Wii for a while after not being able to complete a 6 lap race without getting a "the disc is unreadable" error - one of the common problems with overheating 360s (because in their wisdom I understand the CPU fan is right under the DVD drive, so when the CPU gets too hot, it causes DVD problems too - genius design).

If you can, I'd still advise holding off until the Falcon CPU is released (and there's a 65nm gfx chip in the pipeline too). I think it might be worth it in the end.
I'm about ready to call up and arrange to send mine back. I was hoping to be able to wait, but it's been going downhill fast recently.
Quote from Dajmin :I want all of your tags when you get them then, so I can add you

Mine is getting worse with every passing day. And the heat a couple of days ago meant I had to give up and switch to the Wii for a while after not being able to complete a 6 lap race without getting a "the disc is unreadable" error - one of the common problems with overheating 360s (because in their wisdom I understand the CPU fan is right under the DVD drive, so when the CPU gets too hot, it causes DVD problems too - genius design).

If you can, I'd still advise holding off until the Falcon CPU is released (and there's a 65nm gfx chip in the pipeline too). I think it might be worth it in the end.
I'm about ready to call up and arrange to send mine back. I was hoping to be able to wait, but it's been going downhill fast recently.

I have waited this long, what's another couple of months. Then again, I still don't know if I want a 360 or a PS3. I mean, sure the PS3 has no games at the moment, but that will change in the coming months. The 360 has a huge selection of games but scary reliability. So, I am still getting no where.
ATTN: The 360 does NOT RROD unless you do stupid things to it. One of my friends has had two 360s (his father plays one) and just recently, one of them got RROD'd. However, it was kept in a confined space, overheated, and apparently threw off the laser reader in the CD. Also, I'd just like to point out that the PS2 and other consoles had issues with their CD readers, but it wasn't as publicized as the 360's issues were. Another one of my friends likes to abuse his video game systems (the PS2 he sold me he had dropped on the video outputs) and his 360 held up for quite a while. Apparently, it RROD'd the other day, but he sent it into Microsoft and got it back a couple weeks later.

Despite all that, the 360 is a great console, I own one, and it's a lot of fun. The warranty makes it even better, just in case something does happen. I would suggest taking a look at cooling methods though to reduce the risk of overheating and possibly screwing up system internals. Also, if you do have the RROD, try wrapping a towel around your Xbox for 10 minutes or so, unplugging it, and then turning it on again. I've heard that this works, no idea how though.
Dajmin my tag is DomGTR
My 360 suddenly got a 3ROD last month so i saw the back vents and it was all black and it was burnt and i just ran out of warranty that month so its good as junk now damn i should have bought extended warranty but as a fail safe just keep it well ventilated, buy extra cooling equipment and google how to do the "X" clamp replacement if you do that it will never fail or just wait for the 55nm chip xbox 360 revision to come out later this year with hdmi.

EDIT- i should have sued bill gates but i don't have that suing blood in me
I was looking at getting a 360, but after looking at release schedules I felt the money would be better used to upgrade my pc. Roll on Crysis! (The fact that my G25 is useless on 360 was a major factor too).
Quote from nfsjunkie91 :ATTN: The 360 does NOT RROD unless you do stupid things to it.

That is possibly the biggest lie I've seen on here since the last cracker tried to pass off screenshots as Photoshopped.

My 360 sits in the middle of the floor with plenty of ventilation all around it and out of direct sunlight. I'd read plenty of problem reports before I got mine so I even made sure the PSU is ventilated too. In fact, it doesn't even take heavy long-term usage - when it wants to go, it goes.

The problem is a design flaw. The CPU heatsink/fan is located right under the DVD drive. The person who came up with that idea needs shot. I don't know if you've ever felt a DVD drive after a few minutes of it spinning, but it gets hot. So your heatsink is drawing heat away from your CPU, straight into the path of the heat coming from the DVD drive. There's nowhere for the heat to go so it overheats them both. That's why after 3RODs the most common error you see is discs being unreadable - the discs are fine, it's the connections that are screwed. It's also documented that excessive build up of heat can buckle the motherboard.
So don't tell me it takes abuse to cause problems

Problem is (for those looking to buy one) there's no definite ETA on the Falcon set, so god only knows how long it could take them to actually release it.

The PS3 has a selection of good games now (MGS, Lair) but I think Sony are making a lot of mistakes with their marketing and R&D. It shouldn't be billed as a multimedia centre, it should be focusing on being a console. The risk is that they'll end up jack of all trades and master of none. Time will tell.
I might even think about getting one myself in a couple of years if the price is right.
#35 - CSU1
Quote from anik360 :My 360 suddenly got a 3ROD last month so i saw the back vents and it was all black and it was burnt and i just ran out of warranty that month so its good as junk now damn i should have bought extended warranty but as a fail safe just keep it well ventilated, buy extra cooling equipment and google how to do the "X" clamp replacement if you do that it will never fail or just wait for the 55nm chip xbox 360 revision to come out later this year with hdmi.

EDIT- i should have sued bill gates but i don't have that suing blood in me

HATE THAT! how did you store it whlie you played it?ie. was it lay down with objects to the left and right blocking the intakes?
Quote from anik360 :i should have bought extended warranty

The warranty on all 360s was recently extended to 3 years, so unless you got it 18 months before it was released you can return it to MS for a new one
I have X360 too (GT in sig) for a month and it works very well, i have Quake 4, PGR 3 and Forza 2. Unfortunately there is very bad selection of games in stores here FOR XBOX 360. And yeah that really sucks
Oh and btw, EA Skate is VERY good game! TRY DEMO!

For the price of PS3 you could get premium X360 and several (depending) games too!
With PS3 you buy very expensive console and there still aren't many games out yet, but if you want to wait, feel free...
Sorry for double-post but:

In my TV there are jaggies and kinda like whitey little dots around edges which moves. I have component cable. There isn't difference when i have 720p or 1080i. My TV is this: http://www.samsung.com/ee/products/t...d/le37s81b.asp
sorry it's in different language but you should understand specifications anyway.
OR maybe picture is supposed to be like that?
Link doesn't work BTW.

Jaggies I can appreciate, because not all games will have AA, especially if they're a little older. And remember if you're used to looking at a computer monitor you will really notice the lower resolution on a bigger screen!
But I'm not sure about the white lines, I've not seen any of them on mine (and I use the component cable too). Is it in every game and Marketplace or just some of them?

And yes, the skate demo is pretty good, even though I've never been a skater

Xbox 360
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG