The online racing simulator
New: Reflection textures V3 (two versions)
Hi there,

Here are my two latest updates of the reflection textures. Please read the readme.txt (in the zips) carefully! They both have textures of 512*512 (which is twice the original size).

The first version (reflecttex_darkonev3_1.zip) contains textures that are supposed to be close to real. So they have clouds on it and everything.
The second version (reflecttex_darkonev3_2.zip) contains textures that are supposed to look nice. Not too busy, the colors less real but nicer..

Both versions cover all tracks, so, on all tracks you will have higher res reflections. Oh, and the zip differ in size a bit, but the size of all the textures are the same.

Enjoy them!
Attached images
100.jpg
200.jpg
Attached files
reflecttex_darkonev3_1.zip - 1.5 MB - 5563 views
reflecttex_darkonev3_2.zip - 809 KB - 4351 views
sweeeeeet. nice job once again Darkone
#3 - Turb0
very nice except one thing-
i don't know which one to install - they both look great!
#4 - Lible
Excellent work, don't know which one to install either .
#5 - Jakg
nice work!
#6 - Jakg
heres an example of "nice"
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
#7 - orre
NIce
Yup, they look really good ! Already used 'em on a few screenies ^^
Great job
Quote from Electricwolf :Darkone i have uploaded your Textures to LFS Database

Thanks man! Btw, it's 3.1 and 3.2.
#13 - Sage
Very nice, Darkone! Looks great!
Great job! There is much improvement since the last version.

From left to right: "old", "real", "nice"
(or look at filenames)
Attached images
reflexmod-old.JPG
reflexmod-new-real.JPG
reflexmod-new-nice.JPG
edit cfg.txt and find the line Car Shine. That's all. 0.5 - 0.7 seems best to me, but it's personal preference
Wow is xtremely nice
Quote from tristancliffe :edit cfg.txt and find the line Car Shine. That's all. 0.5 - 0.7 seems best to me, but it's personal preference

I guess that's why I couldn't find a link to download it then Thanks for telling me
does this have any CPU effect? or FPS hurt?
i like it
Quote from Leifde :I guess that's why I couldn't find a link to download it then Thanks for telling me

It's in the readme.txt.

@ GT Touring; here it has absolutely no infuence on the FPS, and I know nobody who has had trouble.
Sorry for bumping this thread, but i had too. I just recently downloaded these new reflections, and my it is great! When you're close to someone, the reflections are great, so real looking. It is also noticable from distance, car has like more contrast to it, because of this, and just looks so real!
Great work!
I like to use this addon!

But one thing is annoying me. The reflection on the speedometer and rpm are just too much. I cant see my speed at some points.

Any idea how i can change it?
Quote from GT Touring :does this have any CPU effect? or FPS hurt?
i like it

It's just a reflection map texture, as he said it is double the size of the original but shouldn't make much of a difference, if you did notice a difference you could always resize it to the original then there should be no difference in performance to the original.
Quote from Lightsaver :I like to use this addon!

But one thing is annoying me. The reflection on the speedometer and rpm are just too much. I cant see my speed at some points.

Any idea how i can change it?

Reading the readme might help.

Quote :If you think the reflection maps are too light (too much reflecting),
go to the cfg.txt in your main Live For Speed folder and search for "Car Shine 1.00". Change 1.00 to a lower
value for less reflection. 0.00 is no reflection.

Quote from Darkone55 :Reading the readme might help.

The first thing i did was reading the readme.

Im fine with the reflection on the car itself. If i would change the setting u suggest in the readme the overall reflection on the car would change but i only want to change the reflection on the dashboard.

New: Reflection textures V3 (two versions)
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG