The online racing simulator
Sweet :up: New logo too?

Excellent Job teazR
Hi all
there is some nice work going on here.
i have 3d Studio Max 8 and i have Brazil, i can get the Scenes to work but i need help getting my skins onto the cars? any help would be nice. thank you
How do I add my skin to the car?
--------------------------------
- Press M to bring up the Material Editor.
- From the material list, click on the button marked:

body [ADD SKIN] ( Brazil Basic Mtl )

- Next to the 'Diffuse' colour, click on the small, blank square button.
- Select 'Bitmap' from the list and browse to your skin file.
- Press F10 to bring up the rendering window
- Hit the Render button and make a coffee =)

That was copy-paste from Ian H. writed NFO fail.
Hi MorroW
thank you.
XFR got proper 3d front & tail lights..
Attached images
xfr2.jpg
xfr3.jpg
Muharhar!!!!
So it was MY OWN TEAM MATE who has stolen my new car :-((((

hehe, damn this is so awesome

Just too small res
front lights look kinda bubbly? im guessing thats the glass.. looks.. akward (and not right at that lol)
changed the pics to 1024*768 res

XCNuse, hmm don't know why's that.. model is smooth..
then it must be your material. normal car glass isnt very thick so the best refraction is set at 1.01 or 1.02
however.. motorcycles have thick glass (well.. plastic) so its up at like 1.5 or so

so it must be that there is to much refraction
IOR isn't matter of the thickness.. glass material usually has ~1.5-1.6 IOR. and becouse all objects have two surfaces light travels through the AIR/GLASS and then again through GLASS/AIR surface so it's not becouse IOR either
(RAYs bend 2 times so bending is +/- 0)
And yes my object has thickness (~4mm) so it behaves like real glass. IOR is 1.6
oh my god i didnt understand one word rofl

try lowering and just do some test renders of the lights themselves to save the time, because it may be that your IOR is .. to high.. 1.6 is very high imo.. for something not that thick
there shouldnt really be much (if any) refraction the headlights since they are so thin

did a little research, and glass is ~1.5 IOR.. BUT.. refraction increases as the angle increases.. for your shot.. there is very little angle front being strait with it.. it shouldnt be bubbly like that
I'm not a professional modeller, but Sniiki is right. Glass has an IOR of 1.5/1.6 no matter how thick it is. IOR depends on the actual material, not the dimenions of the object.

If the glass is thin then the light wont bend much because the light exits almost as soon as it enters the glass.
Well check the physic laws IOR then you understand what i mean
http://www.ps.missouri.edu/rickspage/refract/refraction.html

about 1/4 the way down theres a little tool you can use, and its showing what im trying to say

your car is near parallel with the camera.. yet there is an awful lot of refraction, that should not be so.. now if the camera was perpendicular to the car.. then it would look okay.. but still akward, i've never seen headlights bend light.. that much
no permission blah blah blah.. that happens everytime someone tries to show us a screenshot of it from there.. why cant whoever runs that website turn that thing off.. what are we gonna do with a picture.. really?
#368 - Don
its the forum problem, not site. you need to be registered on forum to view attachments
Quote from XCNuse :oh my god i didnt understand one word rofl

try lowering and just do some test renders of the lights themselves to save the time, because it may be that your IOR is .. to high.. 1.6 is very high imo.. for something not that thick
there shouldnt really be much (if any) refraction the headlights since they are so thin

did a little research, and glass is ~1.5 IOR.. BUT.. refraction increases as the angle increases.. for your shot.. there is very little angle front being strait with it.. it shouldnt be bubbly like that

How old are you again?
First ever render - only the skin is my own.

Thanks to Ian.H at dS Autos for the scene. Apologies for the size - limited by the free 'learning edition' of Brazil Rio. Now the learning needs to begin!!!
Attached images
A1GP_GBR_FOX_Render1.jpg
It was a rainy race..

Quote from Sniiki :It was a rainy race..

OMG, that's amazing!! Can I ask how you did that, or would that be compromising your secret?

AWESOME!
Well I cant say anything right now as my mouth doesnt want to close...
/me throws a fly in Orion's mouth

tristancliffe:

Not any big secret

Made a copy of the object on which the drops will come, then gave that copy a water material. Then with vray's displacement mod made the drops, using bump map (made in photoshop). Remember to use "water level" setting in displacement.

beware, render times will be "quite" long...

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG