The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :Simply not true... Or how would you explain the fact that the groove gets very dark in a longer BF1 race and when you restart, it's light again?

Because in a BF1 race you have the skidmarks on top of the racing line?
Quote from MAGGOT :Because in a BF1 race you have the skidmarks on top of the racing line?

I guess you're right... I could've sworn the racing line itself got darker...
It very well could get darker throughout a race, and then get slightly lighter for the start of the next (simulates fading between weekends?) but the more you run on it consistantly the darker it gets overall.

[EDIT] There may also be a limit to how dark it gets, I'm not sure
#54 - SamH
Easy way to test this theory.. ask one of the [FM] guys for a screenshot of their Oval surface
No. Back when the cfg hacks allowed to intensify the race line I saw it update when a car drove over it. If it drove the same line it got stronger, if it drove a different line the rubber got weaker and moved a little towards the different line.

The rubber line is also used to determine if a track is rallycross or not. If a certain % of the rubber line lies on dirt, the track is considered a rallyX one. This is also the reason why certain road tracks with a offroad layout on them become rallyX tracks and won't give out the "rally tyres on road track" warning anymore, or on the contrary, when you remove the layout all players will get a "road tyres on rallyx track" warning until the rubber line is moved back onto the track enough.
well maybee i'm blind or too impatient, but yesterday as i read the thread i searched my lfs for that option and i can remember setting it to "update - all cars" in earlier patches, was it beeing removed from the options? because i can't seem to find it anymore...

regards
Misc > Update path? I dunno, just guessing now...
Proof

Left - Lots of drivers, all different style
Right - Only 4 AI driving the same line (about 12 laps)
Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah the 'groove' varies depend on where you drive, and how many other cars drive in the same places... It's not a cheap selling tactic like the awful StaticTrack they had in GTR (where the 'groove' is always on the same line). The downside of LFS is that the change of grip isn't yet modelled. But I've no doubt it will be (not that you'll tell in most cars tbh)

You really don't care for Tintops do you? =P
Actually, I quit enjoy the tintops in LFS (as long as they're RWD). I just can't stand anything to do with ISI, as it's invariable a waste of electrons.
Quote from tristancliffe :Actually, I quit enjoy the tintops in LFS (as long as they're RWD). I just can't stand anything to do with ISI, as it's invariable a waste of electrons.

Can't agree more there =)
Quote from squidhead :it seems that the racing line will always be the same...even if you take it differently...

actually it does change if the line changes i have no hard evidence atm, but if you make an auto x course you will see darkening of the track where ppl drive the most.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG