The online racing simulator
What racing game is this?
(33 posts, started )
Yes it is ! Formula 07 i think Or is it 06 ?
f1 championship edition
its for PC
BF1 on LFS looks soooo more realistic
#6 - DeKo
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :BF1 on LFS looks soooo more realistic

Not if you see championship edition running on a hd tv in real life. the graphics are the best ive seen for any game. Sure the physics have more in common with a supermarket trolley than a car, but it does look superb.
#7 - ajp71
Yea me too. Those graphics look like crap imho.
#9 - DeKo
really bad choice of screenshot . Screenshots dont do the game justice, it looks superb on a huge screen.
Quote from DeKo :really bad choice of screenshot . Screenshots dont do the game justice, it looks superb on a huge screen.

Get screenshoting then foo'
#11 - DeKo
http://ps3focus.nl/sitee/upload/upload/F1CE000001.JPG

:P. Im actually struggling to find decent screenies, but trust me, it looks superb when just watching it. Only problem is that the car just rotates round an axis in the centre of it, kinda spoils it, but the graphics are good.
Quote from BlueFlame :its for PC

no, its for ps3, i have it and in graphics its awesome, the damage too.... but i got bored after doing one season
Oh god. Sony should have never got the exclusive F1 license. What a shame for F1 Fans, how is that when the exclusive holder of the F1 license cannot even get the proportions of the tires and chassis to look right, the first screenshot looks like they fitted tires on it from the 70s
Quote from DeKo :http://ps3focus.nl/sitee/upload/upload/F1CE000001.JPG

:P. Im actually struggling to find decent screenies, but trust me, it looks superb when just watching it. Only problem is that the car just rotates round an axis in the centre of it, kinda spoils it, but the graphics are good.

It looks like a shiny F1 97 with a some rain awkwardly super imposed over the top and some unconvincing splodges on the screen. Don't get me wrong I loved F1 97, by far the sweetest of the F1 series IMO (right up to the present ones), and actually think it looks better than this stuff, in terms of being stylish nice to look at and doing little to cause artistic offence to the eyes. Of course this is very nicely detailed and technically superb but it just doesn't look nice.
I think that looks pretty good tbh, but it doesn't matter because I know it'll be shit to play.

Still, imagine LFS with that sort of graphical detail, and with rain! We'll probably never see it.
That last pic looks pretty good I'd say. Better than any other game I've seen anyways...

I like LFS graphics the way they are though. As far as I'm concerned, they don't need upgrading. Higher res textures is all we need.
Quote from MAGGOT :That last pic looks pretty good I'd say. Better than any other game I've seen anyways...

Yeah, exactly how I'd put it, if I had a brain that works.

Quote from MAGGOT : I like LFS graphics the way they are though. As far as I'm concerned, they don't need upgrading. Higher res textures is all we need.

LIES!

They look OK, but they need upgrading. Better lighting (or at least the ugly "wrong" areas around stuff like pit areas fixing), more detailed models (or at least stuff like the ugly lo-res outboard suspensions replacing) and environments, better reflections, etc. The cars only look so good because of the roll and tyre flex and so on.
F1CE looks absolutely fantastic from the on-board cameras. But watching trackside replays is just painful, the cars and tracks do not blend well together and the general environment looks washed out.

Whilst LFS's graphics may not be incredibly detailed so far, the engine at least looks realistic.
The main problem I have with the F1 games is that the textures are CRAP. They seem to lack detail and 'texture' and are way too primary-coloured in F1 06. Whereas LFS' textures (the high res ones) are superb.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
LIES!

They look OK, but they need upgrading. Better lighting (or at least the ugly "wrong" areas around stuff like pit areas fixing), more detailed models (or at least stuff like the ugly lo-res outboard suspensions replacing) and environments, better reflections, etc. The cars only look so good because of the roll and tyre flex and so on.

What I meant is that the engine itself doesn't need a change. Yes, there are some ugly black spots and certain model-related details that could use some fixing, but the engine itself looks great to me. Especially South City at sunset....

Quote from count.bazley :F1CE looks absolutely fantastic from the on-board cameras. But watching trackside replays is just painful, the cars and tracks do not blend well together and the general environment looks washed out.

I think the reason that last pic looked so well is because it was washed out; rainy/overcast weather will often do that. So, in the context of that particular shot, it looks quite realistic. However, I Agree that in the non rainy shot, it is too washed out.

Quote :Whilst LFS's graphics may not be incredibly detailed so far, the engine at least looks realistic.

That's what I had intended to mean in my post. The engine doesn't need a change, the models need more detail (and some fixes).

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed the wierd normals around the circular reflectors on the LX models, or around the "vent" on the side of the RB4? Those need to be fixed
Tis a good game, till it starts raining, then you cant see a thing

and oh yeh, the graphics look top notch when there on a big screen, screenshots wont show it very well
Screenshots should make it look even better, actually. A High Def screen is only 1080 pixels IIRC; the average computer screen has a desktop res of 1024 these days, maybe even higher now. It should look better on a computer than on an HD TV.
Quote from MAGGOT :Screenshots should make it look even better, actually. A High Def screen is only 1080 pixels IIRC; the average computer screen has a desktop res of 1024 these days, maybe even higher now. It should look better on a computer than on an HD TV.

thats 1920x1080. the game might have been upscaled from 1280x720 though.

And most hd sets in the uk don't have the full 1920x1080 pixels.

With aa used I think it will look the same on most standard lcds. You need someone with a big 30" lcd to put the consoles to shame. 2560x1600 anyone?
Quote from -wes- :thats 1920x1080. the game might have been upscaled from 1280x720 though.

And most hd sets in the uk don't have the full 1920x1080 pixels.

Ah, well in that case this HD business is slightly more impressive. Not much, but slightly.

Quote :... 2560x1600 anyone?

W00t!
That is F106. If you look at the helmet there, you'll notice that the top of it is Raikkonen's old Mclaren helmet. I also recognise the HUD. Theres a small competition that Mobil 1 are running over here where they have that same game. Shite game really , no realism at all but hey, I'm in it for the prize!

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG