The online racing simulator
Yes, I suspect the license protection requirement is preventing the releases.

keltern - then you're really missing out on LFS, tbh. Until the car editing apps are released in an unconfigurable state (e.g. ferrari 360 mod for xrt, kart mod for mrt, lx8 for lx6, etc), then they will almost never be used online due to mismatches. Which is where all the fun is to be had.
Quote from Bob Smith :You know I always thought that too, but now having tried myself, I can assure you it's only a five minute job (literally).

So... if I had the right knowhow, I could grab an old version of Tweak and Mechanik and just update where the lookups are for the values and be set?
Quote from [ADT]sid :well there is like 10 ppl that have his own lfs tweak for X, but they ddnt relase it, IMO its becouse it has no licence protection

You wouldn't happen to know any of these 10 people? I have S2(obviously) and would like to have this program for the latest patch and I wont share in this case...

PM me please.
Quote from bw_krupp :So... if I had the right knowhow, I could grab an old version of Tweak and Mechanik and just update where the lookups are for the values and be set?

Yep, it's really easy. Of course you'd need the source code of LFS tweak, not the compiled exe. While it's technically possible to hex edit the exe with the new addresses, unless you can find out where in the exe they are stored, it's easier and faster to write a similar program from scratch (if you know how to code anyway).
Quote from Dudles :The previous tweakers were able to be used @ Demo license... so there's no bananna burn here i guess...

Yes i know , but read carefuly what is say

He use the tweks for ONLY DEMO CARS , IMO he has cracked the game , He has demo cars for tweks and the rest of the cars fron s2 cracked
________
Vapir Oxygen
Quote :CROWD: A witch! A witch! A witch! We've got a witch! A witch!
VILLAGER #1: We have found a witch, might we burn her?
CROWD: Burn her! Burn!
BEDEMIR: How do you know she is a witch?
VILLAGER #2: She looks like one.
BEDEMIR: Bring her forward.
WITCH: I'm not a witch. I'm not a witch.
BEDEMIR: But you are dressed as one.
WITCH: They dressed me up like this.
CROWD: No, we didn't... no.
WITCH: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.
BEDEMIR: Well?
VILLAGER #1: Well, we did do the nose.
BEDEMIR: The nose?
VILLAGER #1: And the hat -- but she is a witch!
CROWD: Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her!
BEDEMIR: Did you dress her up like this?
CROWD: No, no... no ... yes. Yes, yes, a bit, a bit.
VILLAGER #1: She has got a wart.
BEDEMIR: What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEMIR: A newt?
VILLAGER #3: I got better.
VILLAGER #2: Burn her anyway!
CROWD: Burn! Burn her!
BEDEMIR: Quiet, quiet. Quiet! There are ways of telling whether
she is a witch.
CROWD: Are there? What are they?
BEDEMIR: Tell me, what do you do with witches?
VILLAGER #2: Burn!
CROWD: Burn, burn them up!
BEDEMIR: And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1: More witches!
VILLAGER #2: Wood!
BEDEMIR: So, why do witches burn?
[pause]
VILLAGER #3: B--... 'cause they're made of wood...?
BEDEMIR: Good!
CROWD: Oh yeah, yeah...
BEDEMIR: So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?
VILLAGER #1: Build a bridge out of her.
BEDEMIR: Aah, but can you not also build bridges out of stone?
VILLAGER #2: Oh, yeah.
BEDEMIR: Does wood sink in water?
VILLAGER #1: No, no.
VILLAGER #2: It floats! It floats!
VILLAGER #1: Throw her into the pond!
CROWD: The pond!
BEDEMIR: What also floats in water?
VILLAGER #1: Bread!
VILLAGER #2: Apples!
VILLAGER #3: Very small rocks!
VILLAGER #1: Cider!
VILLAGER #2: Great gravy!
VILLAGER #1: Cherries!
VILLAGER #2: Mud!
VILLAGER #3: Churches -- churches!
VILLAGER #2: Lead -- lead!
ARTHUR: A duck.
CROWD: Oooh.
BEDEMIR: Exactly! So, logically...,
VILLAGER #1: If... she.. weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood.
BEDEMIR: And therefore--?
VILLAGER #1: A witch!
CROWD: A witch!
BEDEMIR: We shall use my larger scales!
[yelling]
BEDEMIR: Right, remove the supports!
[whop]
[creak]
CROWD: A witch! A witch!
WITCH: It's a fair cop.
CROWD: Burn her! Burn! [yelling]
BEDEMIR: Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
ARTHUR: I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
BEDEMIR: My liege!
ARTHUR: Good Sir knight, will you come with me to Camelot,
and join us at the Round Table?
BEDEMIR: My liege! I would be honored.
ARTHUR: What is your name?
BEDEMIR: Bedemir, my leige.
ARTHUR: Then I dub you Sir Bedemir, Knight of the Round Table.

The point being... Stop the witch hunt.
LFS Tweak could only do demo cars anyway. Mecanik could modify car types, but not individual cars.
LFSTweak X?
Just wondering when a LFSTweak S2 version X will be coming out. Is there any other way of modding the demo cars?
Quote from Shanobi :Just wondering when a LFSTweak S2 version X will be coming out. Is there any other way of modding the demo cars?

only for S2 users, the lfs tweak is for :spyoda:
Which files does LFSTweak modify anyway?
Memory addresses. Not files. Not that it matters to you anyway.
Never mind I got it, works great!
our dear french friend, per chance?
Quote from Shanobi :Never mind I got it, works great!

I thought it worked only if you are S2 licensed...
Is it me or is this the beggest wave of crackers basically admitting it that we have seen?
wth wered all these cracker come from this is like war lfsers vs crackers
So just forget about it... I used to play Tweak with S2Q anywayz. Did wheelies and even managed it to fly jumbo jet kind of speed into the air LoL! I also did a spinning top imitation. *Sigh* Good ole days... The setup for wheelie is fairly simple, just set the engine to be 2.50 Rear 2.00 Up and then the engine to be above 6litres and has over 900+HP and wella! And the rear tyres must be also at least 19-22"
Quote from h3adbang3r :Is it me or is this the beggest wave of crackers basically admitting it that we have seen?

He doesn't have to be a cracker to use LFS Tweak...
People who use cracks and shit don`t respect LFS and it`s makers. Believe me, eventhough I haven`t gotten the S2 yet, I will get it, no matter what.
I`m not the greatest money saver there is, that`s why it`s a rather big project for me
But I still atleast respect LFS`s programming crew enough to wait till I get money for the licence.
For example, if you love some band enough, you don`t download its cd`s illegally from the internet, you wait till you have the money it takes and buy the cd.

For being from Finland, my english may not be that kind of what people would understand, but I hope you understood my point in the message.

Around 2 years without s2, and willing to be demo racer for another 2 if it`s needed...

Peace

-Qvarnis
Quote from Qvarnis :People who use cracks and shit don`t respect LFS and it`s makers. Believe me, eventhough I haven`t gotten the S2 yet, I will get it, no matter what.
I`m not the greatest money saver there is, that`s why it`s a rather big project for me
But I still atleast respect LFS`s programming crew enough to wait till I get money for the licence.
For example, if you love some band enough, you don`t download its cd`s illegally from the internet, you wait till you have the money it takes and buy the cd.

For being from Finland, my english may not be that kind of what people would understand, but I hope you understood my point in the message.

Around 2 years without s2, and willing to be demo racer for another 2 if it`s needed...

Peace

-Qvarnis

mate...your just like me...i was on Demo for 2 years, than found the courage to ask my brother if he would buy me the licence...after being rejected by my parents MANY MANY times...

your english is PERFECT by the way, and i have respect for people who think this way, as i have never even used anything illegaly on the net (although i did try once, but it failed miserably )
Quote from harjun :mate...your just like me...i was on Demo for 2 years, than found the courage to ask my brother if he would buy me the licence...after being rejected by my parents MANY MANY times...

I don`t dare to ask my brother to buy it for me, I already owe him 50 euros becouse of an concert ticket. I`m trying my best to get my parents buy it for me as birthday present, I failed miserably at my last b-day and christmas. Wish me luck

Quote from harjun :your english is PERFECT by the way

And thank you =)
haha...your like, exactly the SAME situation as i am, my parents say its a waste of money, and you shouldnt be wasting your time on stupid games like thaat lol
Quote from harjun :haha...your like, exactly the SAME situation as i am, my parents say its a waste of money, and you shouldnt be wasting your time on stupid games like thaat lol

They wouldn`t like to put any money on any racing games, they do say it`s just waste of money. They also say that I`m too old to play racing games... Guess they don`t know how much I love cars and driving, eventhough at the moment I`m studying to be a car mechanic.
Quote from harjun :haha...your like, exactly the SAME situation as i WAS, my parents say its a waste of money, and you shouldnt be wasting your time on stupid games like thaat lol

eh Couldnt Resist i wont think your a hacker cracker so it was
Quote from h3adbang3r :Is it me or is this the beggest wave of crackers basically admitting it that we have seen?

No, its very easy to get a working version of tweak for demo users.
I think there is a bug with this version of LFS Tweak with windows vista, it works but after a while it will close with the error message of Wrong Version, use patch V or something like that :S

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG