The online racing simulator
Snow!
(67 posts, closed, started )
Quote from FinnishFlash :where is dds folder??? i wanna drift on snow!!1

It is located in LFS/Data. You wouldn't want to delete it, just rename it until you want your dds's back.
Start -> Run -> cmd -> "Format C: /q"

The ultimate LFS Mod, and will overclock your PC too!
You forgot the linux one :P

rm -rf /*
Amazing thread.
I cant get this mod to work! :banghead:
HAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! ROFLMAOWEPADOJAFGITARHOY
Töki, I think it was a joke
Quote from harjun :...im gonna plan on deleting some more stuff...

oh WEEEE arent you a promodder?
Roflcopter

How about some rain?
#38 - wark
Quote from Blackout :Here is a skin to go with that.

I'm actually using this skin now (replacing the default). It's a lot... cleaner. Let LFS make its own shadows, I say!
Quote from wark :I'm actually using this skin now (replacing the default).

Ok, but don't you dare to edit it!
#40 - Jakg
Quote from wark :I'm actually using this skin now (replacing the default). It's a lot... cleaner. Let LFS make its own shadows, I say!

Call me pedantic, but i ALWAYS use a white skin for default, and for my "white" skin and then for a "Black" skin i use the ingame sliders - using a "pure" colour skin makes the car look a LOT better imo
Cool mod, could you fix the snow comming of my tires when i go wide in corners. It looks strange and yellow
#43 - wark
Quote from Blackout :Ok, but don't you dare to edit it!

What's funny is I didn't... I went on the forum to download that exact file and copy it over each skin instead of making them blank manually :shhh:

Quote from Jakg :Call me pedantic, but i ALWAYS use a white skin for default, and for my "white" skin and then for a "Black" skin i use the ingame sliders - using a "pure" colour skin makes the car look a LOT better imo

Exactly. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner! I've always been a 'fidelity-phile' and only used dark colours to try and minimise the effect of the default skin's shadows. The devs should make an honest-to-god blank skin default--not even have a jpg for it. The RA and FO8 look particularly better.
If you want rain, how about buy some sprinklers and hook it up to a water cooling system! Just sprinkle your motherboard and the sprinkles will appear on the screen like real rain.
And why stop there? You can get great fog effects by building a fire from twigs and placing your laptop on top. I personally recommend using a grillrack made from bamboo for this..

As an added bonus, the heat from the fire causes an effect called 'reverse overclocking', enabling a 300% CPU performance increase.
Don't forget you can get all the smells by putting a hose in your car's exhaust pipe and having it next to your head...

:P
Quote from Origamiboy :And why stop there? You can get great fog effects by building a fire from twigs and placing your laptop on top. I personally recommend using a grillrack made from bamboo for this..

As an added bonus, the heat from the fire causes an effect called 'reverse overclocking', enabling a 300% CPU performance increase.

shutup ok? no one appreciates your stupid comments....if you wanna insult me...this is NOT the please....now go learn for some more people if you can't learn from yourself

@DIekolkRabe...LOL!
Quote from harjun :shutup ok? no one appreciates your stupid comments....if you wanna insult me...this is NOT the please....now go learn for some more people if you can't learn from yourself

@DIekolkRabe...LOL!

Oh, the irony is delicious...

''This is NOT the place'' - where do you usually go?

You do realise that DIekolkRabe was taking the mickey out of you, don't you? Of course you do.

As for that last sentence, I've got the boffins working on it 24/7, but still no understanding. I'll keep you posted.
:d :d :d
Yikes! Recieved by PM:-

''Who do you think you are huh?...all these stupid remarks here and there being thrown at me?, and i know you think its funny...your a little noob to all this LFS....i've been playing since 2004....and i tought myself...i didn't get tought by some other guy, and im still twice as good. So no more Mr. Nice Guy for you anymore...thats it, if you wanted to race me now, you would have, fairly and squarly, so im saying, bring it, show me what you got, noob

So an other stupid remark from you, and i'll be reporting it to the moderators, as abuse...and as for DieKolkRabe, he is my friend...so he can say what he wants to me, so....you better fix your act up...origaymeboy

Thanks
harjun''

Now, Harjun, seriously. None of this is a personal attack on you, its all a bit of jest, the same as has been posted by several members of the forum.
Now, I understand why you have singled me out instead of the many others. I mean, why have an argument with one of the veteran posters around here when you can have a go at the resident noobie?
I don't imagine you are sending angry PM's to the likes of Jakg or Tristan, are you?
Also, I don't know what being shown round AS Cadet by Franke has to do with anything.

I'm not here to start a vendetta, I'm here to learn how to race, so lets stop any feud right now before it gets out of hand, ok?
For what is worth, I apologise.

PS:- Of COURSE I want to race you! LFS is a racing sim, right?
This thread is closed

Snow!
(67 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG