The online racing simulator
FM oval junkies
(86 posts, closed, started )
I actually enjoyed reading Becky´s commend (esp. that "Racing drivers never do mistakes"). Sad thing it seems to go under between all this
:singer::weeping::fence3d::chairs:
A server owner can do what they like on their server. I personally don't really think Failure admins his server terribly unbiasedly because a lot of his bans or kicks are for things he either hasn't seen or has been directly affected by, and really TBH impartial admining from the drivers seat is about as useful as randomly championing one side of every argument and getting rid of the other guy, it stops fighting but isn't fair. TBH if you don't like the policies of or get banned by a server owner it's time to find somewhere else to race. I have no issue with Failure as a person and when they run organised longer races the FM races can be great fun and a lot less chaotic, oval pick up racing just isn't for me
Quote from Fischfix :i am out for one evening, and i miss this thread

anyway. there is ALWAYS a reason for a ban. if i am admining a server (only FM oval starters or FM 360 Event!) i give people 2 or 3 chances. which means: first a warning, second a kick, third a ban.

the only exceptions are: Rude language against me or any other driver i know, driving the wrong way and cheating.
these will result in an instant ban from 1 day to XXX days depending on the action. for this reasons i have autosave on to provide a replay.

and by the way: for this one guy who complained about failure, first beat him on track or one of his stats-records (lfs-world) then come again.

and at the end of the day it is: the one who owns the server, sets the rules (which is fm failure). if you don't like it, don't join.

In my eyes this is wrong, it should be anyone on the server, not just someone you know.
Quote from eimer_ :I actually enjoyed reading Becky´s commend (esp. that "Racing drivers never do mistakes").

Funny you should quote what you like disregarding the fact that she's totally against racing admins, or, to put it better, racing drivers who administer servers.
Just thought i'd add that i drive this server on a regular basis, never had any problems and most of the time i have a clean close race.
If irony was made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.
Quote from Albieg :Funny you should quote what you like disregarding the fact that she's totally against racing admins, or, to put it better, racing drivers who administer servers.

Um. No I just have a personal hatred of making admin decisions whilst driving/competing. In the past when my own servers had a more conventional administration than they do now I would at least log out and check the replay even if I was absolutely certain i'd seen something.

Nowadays, if an admin is involved in an incident on my servers they aren't even allowed to make the decision, they can only report it and have another admin deal with it. I believe in impartiality, I believe in moderation of admins and also in supporting admins to make the right decisions in the first place (which is why half of our admins are also MSA marshalls) and I believe strongly, that you cant come anywhere near to achieving any of that whilst you are competing.

Having said that, whilst FM servers do use adminning from the drivers seat so do most other servers, so I did not make my post to criticise this fact (only to iterate my general dislike of this practice).

EDIT: I'd also like to say that whilst my original post was made in the spirit that I felt FM where being treated unfairly in a stereotypical blame the server operator for drivers behaviour thread (how many times do we see "I'm not going on your servers I get crashed out EVERY race" for ALL the major server operators), unfortunately FM have since, in this post, handled themselves innapropriately and failed to distance themselves from the source of the complaints in the thread. Which I felt was rather 'unfortunate'.
And I wrote what I wrote (disregarding the fact that I stated I won't participate any more in this thread, for reasons that should be quite obvious) to state that an admin who drives has a conflict of interests and it's bound to be error prone, certainly more than an admin who doesn't race. But these are things you know very well since you dislike the practice. Besides that your words seem to confirm my interpretation.

Edit: this means that putting the burden of a mistake only on racers just because racers use to think about themselves as infallible beings is wrong. Even admins aren't infallible, and so are racing admins. I agree with most of what you said, but I am always willing to listen to someone to see what he has to say. And I listen to the other part and I make up my mind, just like anybody else does. Or at least, I hope so.
Uhm for the couple hours I've raced in there I haven't seen much drama.

Most of the bans I've seen is User based voting and it is usualy because of a constant crasher or some one parked on the road.
In Soviet Russia, car admins you!
Sorry I'm late!

just wanna admit that i personally prefer to watch a replay before i give out a ban, if the racer does not obviously act against our simple rules by blocking the track more than once for example... but as i said, that´s something personal, not every admin acts the same way. we´re a gaming community, not a professional raceing league hoster or something like that (we just have the fastest Ky1/BF1 Hotlapper in our Team ). this is why also we may have lots of players unbanned as soon as they requested it in our forums (failure has not only evil sides, i often heared him say "no problem to get a second chance"). every case may turn out as something unique, especially as soon as the person joins the voice chat to get to know us better & sort things out. so .. if you´re desperate for OVALing on our server, willing to race fair, able to hold a straight line, not on a 56k-modem -based connection etc etc i´d say it´s almost impossible to get banned (more then once :razz

and i guess those who enjoy our servers stay in close or at least periodic contact to the FM community anyway

cheers :leb: /me turns off LFS, good old Star Trek & cold beer are waiting
uh ... btw, could someone close this threat please? hehe
Quote from eimer_ :uh ... btw, could someone close this threat please? hehe

Yeah, please!
LMAO...funniest and one of the most pointless threads I've seen lately...way to go guys...ur awesome:talktohan
:clapclap:
Quote from -NightFly- :LMAO...funniest and one of the most pointless threads I've seen lately...way to go guys...ur awesome:talktohan
:clapclap:

Yup, close it.
Halfords to the rescue.

Please Close Yawn
ok to sum it up:

server admins make their decissions sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad. but if you are nice and talk to them, you probably get a second chance.

CLOSE THIS NOW!
Quote from garph :....Also this kind of thing shouldn't be done here as it normally ends badly....

I should have placed a bet or something, I'd be rich I tell you, RICH!
Roger! Ejecting!

I think we could carry a whole conversation just with pictures.
Most of the Junkies admins requested that this thread be closed along with some others, i think its time you fulfill their request and close this thread. Nothing good is coming out of it anymore.
#73 - Goop
The only thing keeping this thread alive are the people requesting it be closed.... oh, and me
Quote from zeugnimod :As are you.

Look who is talking, by the way where is beavis? Butthead
you are worse than a little girlie alway critisizing.
So put or
Quote from popps258 :Look who is talking, by the way where is beavis? Butthead
you are worse than a little girlie alway critisizing.
So put or

Read the post you quoted again.

Slowly.

This thread is closed

FM oval junkies
(86 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG