The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
I have a question

Which is better while building engines?
more hp with low max rpm which would help me get the reliability up
or keep everything as even as possible at all times and wait approximatly 10 seasons to be able to use my engine?
Quote from Bladerunner :How much cash have you got to 'invest' in research before you see any improvement?
I've spent about 250k in each so far, and nothing has moved off of 0%!!!
Research facility still at level 2 btw!

Research facility levels determine how much of your money that put into research actually filters through into results during the race tick. I think the max you can get is 75%. Any money that doesn't convert to research stays in the kitty and the same proportion of whatever's in there during the next tick will filter in. Hope that makes sense.

The manual will tell you how much money is needed for each research level - I think it's £1M, £3M, £10M, £15M, £20M, £30M, £50M, £75M, £100M and £140M.

Quote from Ricerguy :Which is better while building engines?
more hp with low max rpm which would help me get the reliability up
or keep everything as even as possible at all times and wait approximatly 10 seasons to be able to use my engine?

I kept mine level until I hit 70 weight, now I'm developing the other three sort-of equally and leaving weight alone (I've got my engine and chassis down to 600kg and you don't get any benefit from going any lower). I am using my engine at the moment (80%, 70%, 70%, 70%) but it's not doing very well in league 5 I've got a new engine coming after the next race; 100 / 90 / 70 / 90 but that will only gain me a couple of tenths at most and I'm a second away from scoring points in my league!
In the manual it states the amounts.

Level 1 = 1m
Level 2 = 3m
Level 3 = 10m etc etc (not sure about the figures off the top of my head).

Kev - I've not had a single injury yet
Well, last night my other driver crashed on lap 13 (didn't say in the traits that my drivers were superstitious). Luckily I still earn good money for 4th place .

But anyway, I've got another question:

It says that the technical departement will help my drivers to perform better in the race, but does that mean they are less likely to crash out, too, or is performance meant in the sense that they will be faster and will have better pit-stops only?
Tech department doesn't seem to affect the speed of pit stops, but I think it does stop the pit stop mistakes from happening. They just don't happen in the higher leagues.

It makes your cars faster though. I guess they set up the car better.
Well, as of now, I really don't need to be fast, I just need my drivers to not crash as that alone is sufficient to finish 1st and 2nd in my current league .

Edit: Of course it didn't work out either this time. Fabio Gonzales crashed again .
Research Levels

Amount of processed cash required per research level
Level 1 - £1,000,000
Level 2 - £3,000,000
Level 3 - £10,000,000
Level 4 - £15,000,000
Level 5 - £20,000,000
Level 6 - £30,000,000
Level 7 - £50,000,000
Level 8 - £75,000,000
Level 9 - £100,000,000
Level 10 - £140,000,000
Hey guys, I'm going on vacation next week and I was wondering if it was possible to set the account to hibernation or something for that time. Because if I just let it be, my team will participate in races and stuff, but I won't be able to manage it, which would be bad, I suppose, especially for sponsors etc.

So, does anyone know if there is an option somewhere? Maybe at the end of the season?
Nah there's nothing like that. You could just fire everybody and end all your contracts - that way you wouldn't lose money.
still developing my chassis but its almost complete money is tight so i was wondering what department i wont need a manager for after my chassis is done so i can concentrate on developing engines?
Quote from Linsen :Hey guys, I'm going on vacation next week and I was wondering if it was possible to set the account to hibernation or something for that time. Because if I just let it be, my team will participate in races and stuff, but I won't be able to manage it, which would be bad, I suppose, especially for sponsors etc.

So, does anyone know if there is an option somewhere? Maybe at the end of the season?

If you have a friend who knows how to play, then change your password and let him take over whilst you are away. Otherwise you might be restarting after the holiday.
That sucks. I might ask El Chirstoph what he thinks about implementing such an option.
El christophs reply to my mail sounds not too bad, although I doubt he'll make it before coming friday:

Quote :Holiday mode is top of the list for future developments...marked 'urgent'

Quote from Linsen :Hey guys, I'm going on vacation next week and I was wondering if it was possible to set the account to hibernation or something for that time. Because if I just let it be, my team will participate in races and stuff, but I won't be able to manage it, which would be bad, I suppose, especially for sponsors etc.

Easiest way...cancel the holiday...let the others go, and have a week at home in total peace to play LFS and GP Manager!!!
Hm, is anyone else having trouble logging into GPMP? I get a mysql error on primer.php. By the sounds of it my details aren't in the database but I can use the 'Forgot password' bit and I can't create a new account with the same username/team name. Any ideas whats wrong? I'll email if no one has a solution
Quote from Leifde :Hm, is anyone else having trouble logging into GPMP? I get a mysql error on primer.php. By the sounds of it my details aren't in the database but I can use the 'Forgot password' bit and I can't create a new account with the same username/team name. Any ideas whats wrong? I'll email if no one has a solution

Can't check right now because of the race tick but I logged in maybe half an hour ago and it was fine then.
It's working ok just now.
Site works fine for me.

Soo, since I don't know anybody in rL who would be geeky enough to play gpmp for me while I'm away -- would anybody around this forum like to manage two teams at a time? Would be quite a long time, though. I'm leaving on August 19th and will not be back until September 9th (that's like two full seasons, I think). In case anyone's interested, let me know and we can work out the details via pm.

(seems somehow a little strange, to let somebody else manage my team for such a long time, but even after only 6 races, I already feel attached to my team and would like to watch my drivers progress etc.)
Thirded..Working fine here...except I haven't won a race all season!
I'm leaving today for 3 or 4 days but I might be able to manage your team Linsen. I'm leaving in like 1h, so if you're interested could you pm me with everything? I'm in league 27 and leading ^_^
Game not working?

Quote :Game currently unavaliable

The game is currently unavaliable due to the commencement of the daily race tick. The race tick is estimated to complete at 20h18.32 server time (Current time is 23h28.50)

maintenance or something?
Sure looks like it's dead for now.
Quote from thisnameistaken :OK, I think this is working quite well now.

Pit strategy calculator

I had a question about this calculator. How exactly are you figuring out the pitstop times i.e. how long they take? I saw you said earlier that you used 0.3 seconds per lap of fuel taken on. But I bet you set a minimum amount of time that a pitstop can last, right? How'd you figure that time out? I am asking because I have made my own calculator and was comparing results from yours and mine. They are close, but still not exactly the same. What I did was took an average from the pit times posted by someone (average of all the pittime/laps ) and am using that like this: pittime per lap * number of laps of fuel taken on to figure out time lost per pit stop.
It definitely had a bit of a hiccup last night, the tick took about 3 or 4 hours.

I'm doing pretty well in league 39. Won a few races, podiums in almost every one. I'm well surprised
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :I had a question about this calculator. How exactly are you figuring out the pitstop times i.e. how long they take?

It's really simple: 10 seconds for the stop, plus 0.370 for every lap of fuel taken on.

I actually think .740 / 2 laps of fuel might be more accurate though (an 11-lap fuel load and a 12-lap fuel load, for example, more often than not seem to take the same amount of time), but I couldn't be bothered to figure out whether a given stop took on odd or even numbers of laps worth of fuel, and which two periods of the race would produce the same figure.

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG