The online racing simulator
Bones!!! Well done.
That was a nicely written article. Very clear and informative. It is one of the better written pieces that I have seen in ASS.
Thats the best article on LFS I have seen from ASS, but thats not exactly hard. It did a great job of explaining what LFS is all about, and how the community operates.

Its also very clear that Westhill will get more combo's, everyone has pretty much been assuming that because its the only track with only 1 track configuration. I wouldn't guess at there being a new combo for Westhill in the next patch, but I think its certain to come before S2 Final.
Quote from Bob Smith :Jakq - Use Foxit PDF reader, just 1.3MB. Saves installing that Abobe bloatware.

I was going to say that, get Foxit Reader, it's a superb free PDF reader.
Hi a nice read i like this bit the best and true why should they tell us there every move within the sim devolpment
Attached images
4.jpg
Thanks, guys. Glad you liked it.
Oh no u di'i'nt.
#33 - FL!P
Well done, DeadWolfBones!

OT: can't wait for Logitech to release a commercial version of the wheel they put together for the Intel Racing Tour!
Quote from FL!P :Well done, DeadWolfBones!

OT: can't wait for Logitech to release a commercial version of the wheel they put together for the Intel Racing Tour!

Yup that part was mentioned in the article in a pretty interesting way...

Ty!
(where is the damn "thx" buton?)
Quote from Flotch :Ty!
(where is the damn "thx" buton?)

Thx button is removed due to abuse
#38 - J.B.
Nice articles. Still a shame there was no coverage of the IRT final anywhere. Not even a replay file.
Quote from J.B. :Nice articles. Still a shame there was no coverage of the IRT final anywhere. Not even a replay file.

I was currently searching for it
What's the point to make a competition involving a wonderfull price if there is no cover? In the interview the winner said that it was a close battle. We'll never know if it's true.
And were the lfs dev aware of this competition ?
Quote from shadow2kx :And were the lfs dev aware of this competition ?

Keeping in mind we got the BF1 from the Intel-Deal, what do you think?
Quote from Bob Smith :Jakq - Use Foxit PDF reader, just 1.3MB. Saves installing that Abobe bloatware.

Exactly, the only problem with it is very complex pages (Flying charts for example with lots and lots of information)
Quote from axus :... and people complain Eric works slow, he's right on schedule if you ask me.

To be honest I find that untrue. Maybe he works slowly, maybe he's been busy or something but I just can't tell. When I think about it something just doesn't add up.

Imho LFS community has already several times come up with the conclusion that more new tracks are wanted instead of new configs. And what we seem to be getting are (graphically) updated old tracks and new configs.

Imho, south city looks already good. And Eric really needs to push himself to make that westhill combo (speculation) good. In current form westhill is dull and it takes quite a tweaking to make the new one a good one. As a track layout I find it very hard to make anything else than a 2-corner AS2 clone out of the new config...

I didn't like the way LX4 and LX6 skinning contest was held with the hidden message. Hidden message? No updated LX4 and LX6 models. Maybe we get UFR skinning contest next? Or maybe I was wrong when I thought LX4 and 6 were two of the cars to have their 3d-models updated. But I was really surprized when it was never mentioned anywhere. Maybe it was forgotten or I have misunderstood or forgotten something myself but still...

To go a bit longer with this; I find the whole current situation very strange. People cry for more realism and updated lag-damage systems and the AI is the next big thing. Just less people online as far as I can tell. Aside from CTRA, cruise and AS3 where are all people?

Maybe it is just the hige difference between wanted and developed features (a difference that I think is there) that makes me feel kinda disappointed. I know it is not what I want or what the LFS community wants - it's about the devs and their wishes. But the path to S2 full just seems to getting further and further away of what I thought it was going to be like...specially after the F1 patch.

And imho that is quite well summed up in the article. The big newsflash is that nothing new or newish is told.

Maybe this starts another flame war or moaning thread but I just feel that there are others who feel this way too. After taking some time off from LFS I just feel now like I felt few months ago. Nothing. Starting LFS, browsing servers, finding nothing interesting - closing LFS... I didn't expect anything from this summer from LFS - it's summer and a summer break is surely well deserved to the dev team. It is just the fact that waiting that AI patch for december/januari (*) is not what I wanted to hear. I have no problem with the developing speed, it is the things developed that make no sense to me, to be direct.

*december/januari date is just a guess
Quote from Hyperactive :I didn't like the way LX4 and LX6 skinning contest was held with the hidden message. Hidden message? No updated LX4 and LX6 models. Maybe we get UFR skinning contest next? Or maybe I was wrong when I thought LX4 and 6 were two of the cars to have their 3d-models updated. But I was really surprized when it was never mentioned anywhere. Maybe it was forgotten or I have misunderstood or forgotten something myself but still...

It's quite possible for the models to get updates and the skin files and texture mappings stay exactly the same.
Fantastic, only one word for it.
Dan - That's exactly it, Eric confirmed the skin mapping will not be changing on the LXs in S2 final. If this was not the case, there would not have been an LX month (already). There was no specific comment as to whether the model had changed or not, being that Scawen asked Eric the question, one could assume 3D updates are expected.
Well the only problems on the LX cars are with parts you can't skin anyway, such as the floating headlamps. If we get an RB4 month I will be dissapointed though, since thats the weakest car model in the game, in my opinion.
Quote from Hyperactive : I didn't expect anything from this summer from LFS - it's summer and a summer break is surely well deserved to the dev team. It is just the fact that waiting that AI patch for december/januari is not what I wanted to hear. I have no problem with the developing speed, it is the things developed that make no sense to me, to be direct.

Its been explained before as to why the AI are being developed now. Its about time. The progress of LFS, has been slow, but its been good.

I personally think the followiing, if the AI patchs coming in december/ january, then its because its a massive task. (where was that info from?)

The massive task could be due to the fact that the current LFS engine, does not/is not able to generate real AI, that drives with you and against you. In my minds eye, I dont see any other reasons for it to take that long.

You could consider a few other items into the mix - We have been spoilt recently with regular updates and patches, its been an exciting and interesting journey, but at certain times, it will be slow.

Of course I am speculating, with no refference to back this up, but logical thought, that LFS in the next 3 months is getting a massive overhaul, with updates on lots of things.

Theres no rush to get to S2 final, except for 1 thing. Finishing S2 mean S3, and thats the next next "big" pay day. The only reason for the Devs to make quick progress.

There should not be any need for a flame war or moaing thread, when logical discussion and open mindedness, can lead to contructive discussions.

Roll on the next level of development, when ever it is, and lets enjoy LFS as it stands now, because when we go on to the next level, any opportunity to enjoy what we have now is gone forever.
#48 - axus
Where's the Dec/Jan information from? And, this is not only an AI patch from what I've read - AFAIK there will be physics changes also. Seeing as the 3D models are being updated, as well as the AI (and Scawen said pitting can only be done in a physics incompatible patch from what I recall), Scawen might as well throw in a few physics changes. I think Scawen has mentioned longitudinal tyre force improvements, as well as Torsen differentials, hopefully for patch Y. And no-one will mind that. I think Patch Y will be a huge landmark for LFS, even more so than patch S, when we got the BF1.

Think about it: improvements for half the tracks, good interiors at long last, maybe some car model improvements, AI that is usable and physics updates. What more could one ask for?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a Dec/Jan release either because this is a lot of updates.
Nice reading lecture, thanks for posting

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG