The online racing simulator
Nintendo DS LFS Viewer
(26 posts, started )
Nintendo DS LFS Viewer [v1.0 for Patch X]
NDS LFS View is done.
Now, it works well both in multiplayer and singleplayer mode, supports race and qualifying, and has all the features it is supposed to have.

The only issue left is the disconnection issue, which could even occur if you are sitting next to the WLAN router. As far as I know (and everyone who has played online with the DS knows) this is a problem the DS generally has, so possibly there can't be anything done about it.

Nevertheless it is stable other than that. If you as one of the less than ten users () notice a bug or have a feature request, please let me know.

Changes:
- fixed multiplayer mode
- qualifying supported
- sound notifications
- penalties are handled
- pit stop/penalty list and result list added (use Left/Right)
- immediate view change when demanded, not on next redraw cycle
- Patch X ready

Old post:
This is an application for the NDS-flashcard-owning part of the LFS community, which is most likely not very large.
Anyway, it is an InSim application (for Patch W26+), which displays basic race data, a position list and a mini map including flag indication on the screens of your DS.

Currently, it is limited to races, which means qualifying is not supported. Frankly said I haven't even tried that.
You get the idea, this program is still a bit experimental. While it didn't brick my DS during creation, it could possibly happen, though that is a given with DS homebrew.

Please be sure to read the readme - especially for the buttons you can use.
If you notice some bugs, which are not known issues, please let me know.

edit:
Changes:
- more robust sending and receiving of data
- finish list is now displayed correctly
- see players on positions lower than 23 (use Up/Down)
- faster initial connection
- leader is colour indicated on mini map
- no more "almost magenta" track borders
- W32 ready

I couldn't test multiplayer as much as I wanted, because LFS couldn't connect to the big test patch servers for some reason (that 24h race?), but it should work far better than before.
Attached files
NDS_LFS_View_FINAL.zip - 736.2 KB - 1230 views
cool, but i dont have those things to get in on to my DS
u should make 1 of these for a psp
Where can I get a "slot two" gamecard? My cousin who, used to live in Scotland got one. Now he is in America, but before he went to U.S.A, he had a "slot two" gamecard.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Where can I get a "slot two" gamecard? My cousin who, used to live in Scotland got one. Now he is in America, but before he went to U.S.A, he had a "slot two" gamecard.

You don't necessarily need a slot-2 card. You could also use a slot-1 card. The difference is simply on which side of the DS you put in your card. (Compatibility, if you are looking for what I think you are looking, is almost no issue.) Look on the DS's back then you'll understand.
Where to get them... That's indeed a troubling question, but many mod-chip shops may have one of those cards. I've also seen them offered on Amazon by third-parties - overprized though. There are also many online shops.
Perhaps this is a good starting point for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_homebrew
I was planning on making something like this for myself, but I didnt have the time for it.

Ill try your app

Edit:
It works nice on my Sc sd

Would it be possible to change your view angle using the touchschreen? That would make it more usefull
Quote from C0nscript :Would it be possible to change your view angle using the touchschreen? That would make it more usefull

Sorry, but this looks like a not actually needed eye-candy to me.
Even when considering to implement it, there are surely many things that need attention before that.
Can we see a screenshot? I don't have a DS but I am curious as to what your program looks like on it.
Here is a pseudo-screenshot as requested. The top is not exactly like this, but the bottom is spot-on. Note, that the mini map alternates with the position list.
If you have seen one race the colours as self-explanatory. (red=leader, orange=player not yet lapped by leader, light orange=lapped player, yellow=yellow flag, blue=blue flag, lila/pink=pit lane)

There is also a new, improved version on top of the thread.
Attached images
lfsndsview.BMP
argh..i have a ds but no wi-fi lol
#11 - aoun
+1 for psp version .
hmm... it works with supercard mini sd rumble?
Quote from Andrei221 :hmm... it works with supercard mini sd rumble?

lfs.sc.nds should work with Supercard, but there is no way for me to verify it, since I don't own one.
It basically runs in NO$GBA though (until it tries to access WLAN).
another +1 psp
and another +1 for psp so there.
meh, who cares about PSP
another +99999 for the psp, big time!
You break the heart of the small Nintendo fanboy inside of me.

New, hopefully final version on top of the thread.
yes +1 for the psp version please =]... my ds broke and i only have my psp T_T... i dont have enough money to buy a new ds :P
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12
i guess +1 for PSP also
#21 - vane
even better would be lfs that could run on nintendo ds or psp
No.
It'd be useless, and shit.
+1 for psp
does it work with m3 ds simply ?
Plus 1 kajillion for PSP

Nintendo DS LFS Viewer
(26 posts, started )