The online racing simulator
It depends how you think about it. But for me there is 12 skins which are not in any way original because they have identical copy.
Quote from Blackout :It depends how you think about it. But for me there is 12 skins which are not in any way original because they have identical copy.

What I don't understand about this reasoning is, how an identical copy for a different car devaluates the "original"... In other words: Does a copy of Guernica make Picassos original less of a masterpiece? (not that any of the skins are in anyway comparable to Guernica, of course )
Quote from Linsen :What I don't understand about this reasoning is, how an identical copy for a different car devaluates the "original"... In other words: Does a copy of Guernica make Picassos original less of a masterpiece? (not that any of the skins are in anyway comparable to Guernica, of course )

Well, if Picasso had made several copies of the same painting, yes, it would make the original(s) less of a painting. In that case, there is no original.
Hmmm, an interesting result. A little surprised by how close the LX6 vote was, I thought the cell design is in a league of it's own.

Still some great skins in there, but some look better in the screen shots than they do in the actualy game/CMX viewer

The competition was good idea tho
Some very worthy skins selected there although a few very good ones did not make it in to the top ten, namely al-heeley's & viesta's. what happened?
teaz-R's skins that I voted for are not in top 10...
I hope Huru-aito's LX4 gets in, that is the only one I like from this top 20!
kev is absolutely right ... way too many dupes
i hope the green volante classic makes it into the final cut i really do like that one
Well done to everyone that made the top ten's, all the skins I voted for made it in

Thanks to those that voted for my skins, very happy to be in there
Quote from Shotglass :kev is absolutely right ... way too many dupes
i hope the green volante classic makes it into the final cut i really do like that one

Sure, kev is always right, but afaik, he has not even posted in this thread .

Still, I don't see how the adaptation of a masterpiece of a skin would render the original idea/concept of that masterpiece worthless. You could maybe go as far as saying that the creator of that skin might have been a little lazy or unimaginative to only make one skin and one adaptation of that skin instead of two different skins, but than again, if your voting by that logic, everybody who entered only one skin should not have gotten any votes at all for being even lazier. And to call it "dupes" is outright insulting if I'm not mistaken about the meaning of the word.
Quote from Shotglass :kev is absolutely right ... way too many dupes
Quote from Linsen :Sure, kev is always right, but afaik, he has not even posted in this thread .

See how confusing it gets when people jack other peoples' avatars?

Justinziarko's LX6 is a clear winner, that's just an awesome skin and the presentation of the screenshots is excellent. The LX4s I really like JJ72's submission, but Huru-aito's skin is also nice and very clever because it will be very recolourable in the garage.
Quote from Blackout :Well, if Picasso had made several copies of the same painting, yes, it would make the original(s) less of a painting. In that case, there is no original.

Following that logic every set of teamskins is just rubbish?
Quote from Linsen :Sure, kev is always right, but afaik, he has not even posted in this thread .

gah ... i refuse your reality and substitute it with my own !

Quote :And to call it "dupes" is outright insulting if I'm not mistaken about the meaning of the word.

its just a sceneish word for duplicate

Quote from teaz-R :Following that logic every set of teamskins is just rubbish?

thats different because the point of creating team skins is to have something uniform and the challenge lies with creating a design that works on all cars
this compo however was about being creative and renaming a skin from lx4_* to lx6_* is hardly what you would refer to as a creative process
Results?
Any chance someone might post the full list of skins with the number of votes received, or at a bare minimum a ranking of all of the skins so those of us who didn't finish in the top ten can see how well we did?

Personally, one of the main reasons I entered was so that I could see how my skins compared to everyone else's, and at this point, I don't have a clue if I finished 11th, or dead last...

EDIT: OK, nevermind - I just noticed that the number of votes are there. Either they weren't there when I first looked, or I'm loosing my mind (wouldn't be the first time)...
I wouldn't worry about the LX4/LX6 duplicates, the devs will surely pick only ONE of those for whatever car it fits best.

But still as I said, I hope the devs do this, because there are so many similar color schemes, it just dissapoints me to see a whole lot nicer skins that didn't make the cut into their respective Top 10. Those of which would really give a good variety of skins for the LX, and better choices for the devs.
Big thanks for everyone who voted for me.

Honestly when you spend hours on a skin you don't really know how people will like it at first sight...I have confidence with the Amon skin but never knew it could be at the top and moreover have the most votes among all.

thanks a lot
I'm not sure if the order was random or not, but for me a lot of the high quality skins were down near the bottom of the list. I am suprised at some of the ones that have got in there, and they were ones I passed on my way down the list to my votes without as much as a second glance. But hopefully everyone will post their skins here for us guys who voted for them.
Quote from Shotglass :renaming a skin from lx4_* to lx6_* is hardly what you would refer to as a creative process

It takes more than that to get a skin from the LX4 to the LX6 (or vice versa) as any real skinner will tell you. The models are actually different and require tweaks to the design.

In all honesty, having a skin in the top picks for both cars just solidifies it as a top design, really. The fact that it was picked to be in the top for both cars proves how good of a design it is. That's my two cents anyways.

I can't believe I missed the vote There's some awesome skins in there, though, I can spot three that I would have definately voted for (teazR's dragon, Justin's Cell, and JJ72's Amon LX4). All three just fan-freaking-tastic. Is it still possible to view the other entries?

[EDIT] Nevermind, found them... Now I look like a tool. I seem to be doing that a lot to myself lately; making myself look like a tool. Must be this Toronto air... yea. That's it, the crappy over-polluted air. Anywho, there's a skin in there that I am quite surprised did not make the cut: ldriver's Ice White LX6. This may be a case of the picture, as it looks a little blurry and the CMX shots on the bottom aren't quite flattering, but the skin itself is beautiful.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm not sure if the order was random or not, but for me a lot of the high quality skins were down near the bottom of the list. I am suprised at some of the ones that have got in there, and they were ones I passed on my way down the list to my votes without as much as a second glance. But hopefully everyone will post their skins here for us guys who voted for them.

They were in date order, the later you entered the further down the list you were
Quote from Shotglass :

thats different because the point of creating team skins is to have something uniform and the challenge lies with creating a design that works on all cars
this compo however was about being creative and renaming a skin from lx4_* to lx6_* is hardly what you would refer to as a creative process

Quote from Tweaker :I wouldn't worry about the LX4/LX6 duplicates, the devs will surely pick only ONE of those for whatever car it fits best.

But still as I said, I hope the devs do this, because there are so many similar color schemes, it just dissapoints me to see a whole lot nicer skins that didn't make the cut into their respective Top 10. Those of which would really give a good variety of skins for the LX, and better choices for the devs.

Indeed. I would have liked to see more different skins for the devs the choose from. The conversion between the LX cars isn't simple as renaming the file, but it's far easier than remaking the design to two completely different cars like UF1 and LX6 for example. Teamskins are meant to make difference between team, that's their purpose. This competition should be about having great default skins for the game, and lets face it, why there are so many duplicates? Because it's a competition and more entries will increase your chances of winning and it doesn't take as long to make a duplicate than it would take to make a completely new skin.

I wish the competition was also kept anonymous. It was proven in this thread that some did vote for people and not the skin, which I think is ridiculous. And before someone says, no, I'm not bitter because my shitty skin with spelling error and something that could have been mistaken for carbon fiber didn't make it, I knew it wouldn't all the time. :P
I duplicated my skin but only because I saw hardly any LX4 entries at the time.

I think next time the skin order should be random, there should be no names displayed and if we do 2 cars again the entries should have seperate sections for voting on them, to avoid complaints about duplicates.

Same as Blackout here, not bitter, just know that you have to make these things as fair as possible. For the record these were my votes, I voted for a duplicate for my 6th.

http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinni.../LX6/314_s.JPG

http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinni.../LX6/283_s.JPG

http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinni.../LX4/263_s.JPG

http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinni.../LX6/251_s.JPG

http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinni.../LX6/202_s.JPG
guys...thank you for the 42 votes.:static::static::static:

my favorite: justinziarko LX6_CELL+JZ...exellente work

greeting stix
...lol :sleep2:
Quote from Tweaker :What the hell!!!?!?!?!? Where did that one come from.... I never saw that one to vote for EVER. Never saw any of Linsen's skin... dammit!! I surely wouldve voted for that

cant you change your vote ?

Quote from Victor :Voting is over!

The best 10 LX4 and best 10 LX6 are now visible on the main page of the skincompetition website http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinning/

We LFS devs will now make the final selection of the winning skins.

nm
great work everyone!
and lol. I didn't get any votes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG