The online racing simulator
Lets put all cars to demo, so they all will become more popular .
Quote from Blackout :Which is? You don't have a PC nor full version of LFS?

Life isn't fair, you can't have luxury items you don't need to stay alive for free. It's not how it works. No money, no game. Simple really.

But anyway, I really would like a red Ferrari F430, but I only have the money to rent one for a day..so could someone spare me one? Please.

ps. It better come with full tank of petrol.

you forgoten the "[/sarkasm]

@ontopik : man , think in the people who dont have the money for buy s2 , and put in his place

a sorry you are rich boy you have s2
________
Ultram rehab advice
IMO the demo should only be 60 minutes unlocked with everything. Then they buy the game
Quote from Riders Motion :IMO the demo should only be 60 minutes unlocked with everything. Then they buy the game

maybe , y like the other idea

drive XXX.XXX miles and get 1 free s2 lic for 1 day or something like that
________
Harley-Davidson Model 7
Quote from Inouva :
@ontopik : man , think in the people who dont have the money for buy s2 , and put in his place

a sorry you are rich boy you have s2

I feel sorry you can't afford it, but that how it goes. Life isn't fair. There is tons of stuff I'd like to have but can't afford.

(and this is not the main topic in this thread btw, it has gone widely off-topic....but like that was anything new around here..)
Quote from Inouva :

While that would be great idea, it would probably mean extra work by the devs. They had to have a way to monitor how many miles you had done and that nobody exploits the system giving them infinitive "trial" version. It would be waste of resources to waste money on people who don't don't buy the game, like the people who can't afford it or just aren't bothered to buy it. The demo, like it is, is the most cost efficient solution for the devs at the moment, therefore the best.
#56 - CSU1
Quote from dadge :has anyone read my signiture yet? i really like it. especially the part about the demo thing

...yes we all know that. The point here however was simply to make one of the least used cars in LFS available to demo users for free(calm down - calm down i did say it yes, free)

The outcome? Advertisment, news and mr.x will probably pick up the demo just because the LX is in there...ya ya the same could go for any car but the ol' LX is gettin rusty....noobs won't drive it, force them to and in return they'll be thankfull looking back on their demo miles for learning for to drive the tricky LX when they need to drive it in leages ect.
Quote from Inouva :maybe , y like the other idea

Just a note for your triple posts above.

If you want to quote more than 1 person, then click the small button to the right of quote. Click that on all the people you want to quote, then scroll down and click reply. Boom! Now you have all the quotes, in 1 post. Ready to be reply'd to.
#58 - Jakg
Quote from Inouva :maybe , y like the other idea

Why?! The demo is good enough to make you want to get an S2 License, but you can't afford it - therefore the demo has as much content as it needs.

LFS is a business, not a charity!
Quote from Blackout :I feel sorry you can't afford it, but that how it goes. Life isn't fair. There is tons of stuff I'd like to have but can't afford.

(and this is not the main topic in this thread btw, it has gone widely off-topic....but like that was anything new around here..)

While that would be great idea, it would probably mean extra work by the devs. They had to have a way to monitor how many miles you had done and that nobody exploits the system giving them infinitive "trial" version. It would be waste of resources to waste money on people who don't don't buy the game, like the people who can't afford it or just aren't bothered to buy it. The demo, like it is, is the most cost efficient solution for the devs at the moment, therefore the best.

Sure , if take 1 year in create 1 sistem for that , y dont have any rush
________
Ferrari 328 specifications
Quote from mcintyrej :Just a note for your triple posts above.

If you want to quote more than 1 person, then click the small button to the right of quote. Click that on all the people you want to quote, then scroll down and click reply. Boom! Now you have all the quotes, in 1 post. Ready to be reply'd to.

Sorry , in other forus the post r unite automatic

Thx for the info =)

Quote from jakq :

Why?! The demo is good enough to make you want to get an S2 License, but you can't afford it - therefore the demo has as much content as it needs.

LFS is a business, not a charity!

Sure is not a charity , but is the oportunity to give to all people cant buy s2 a bit of taste fron this great game

anybody say "give him 394893284324 days s2 lic" just 1 day or 6 hour o something like that

P.D: sorry for my bad english

P.D2: IS NOT A busines is a game "FOR FUN" Gez , For peaople who enjoy the pleasure for this game , is not a busines , if dev need money for continue developing is another thing

But Remenber my young padawan: Is not Busines Y "FOR FUN"
________
Vaporizer questions
Quote from Inouva :P.D2: IS NOT A busines is a game "FOR FUN" Gez , For peaople who enjoy the pleasure for this game , is not a busines , if dev need money for continue developing is another thing

But Remenber my young padawan: Is not Busines Y "FOR FUN"

Eh?

It's not a business for the users, obviously, but it is a business for the game developers (if they were doing it for the FUN the game would be free), that’s why the game costs money and there is a free demo for people to try so that they will buy the game.

I don’t know what you were trying to say but trying to say its not a business is very naïve.
#62 - vane
why not allow every IP address like, one hour of lx4 a month or something to see if they are any good

i think, you could be really cruel to demo users and let them try out the other tracks for an hour/day then not allow them to use them anymore, that will probably get more people getting s2, when they go back to blackwood they will get really bored

also, make it so demo users have usernames too, so that you can find friends who are still saving up for s2, this will also help with banning, but if you make it take much longer to create a new account, demo people wont keep making new accounts. blah blah blah blah blah.
I'm afraid it would be just the same if there were 4 cars already. There would be requests for another track "just to try" or a car with slicks.

At some point, sadly, they have to draw a line and say that's enough, the demo is here to sell the game to people. I think the LFS demo is great. 2 good tracks, 3 of the best cars in the game (imo) and updates as frequently as any licensed racer ever receives them. Plus the countless videos on Youtube and Googlevideo give a good taste of what the licensed content is like.

Unfortunately if you're a demo racer, and you want to try the licensed content, then you'll have to put efforts into getting a license instead of requesting content for free here.
Quote from [ADT]sid :NO way !!! xrt rox

Che pascualito , era una idea , la idea es pelear para que nos de un auto mas en la vercion demo , aunkesea una ves cada tanto
porque yo limo Lfs s2 en ciber y no me da el bolsillo para pagar por el juego

decime ahora, vos gastarias 140 mangos en la licensia s2?

porque a mi no me da el bolsillo
________
Ford popular history
#65 - axus
Quote from Inouva :Sure , if take 1 year in create 1 sistem for that , y dont have any rush

The people who have actually paid for a license would prefer to see other features added though, not weeks spent on giving demo users more content. If you can't afford an S2 license, that's just tough. Hopefully one day you can afford one and enjoy it. Or you can do something helpful for the community and someone will buy you one - it's happened before. Until that day, don't expect any more content as the LFS demo already gives way too much and people play it for years before getting the full game.
Hey Inouva.
What game actually lets you have the full version for playing the demo for a long time? I can't think of any.

So you can't afford S2, well, the devs are not going to GIVE people free licenses just because they drove demo for a long time. They are doing this for money along with other things but if they gave the full version to people that have driven demo for X number of miles then a lot less people will buy S2 and LFS will probably stop production.
Seriously, Tell me what demo of what game gives you the full version for playing the demo for ages...
Quote from skstibi :Hey Inouva.
What game actually lets you have the full version for playing the demo for a long time? I can't think of any.

So you can't afford S2, well, the devs are not going to GIVE people free licenses just because they drove demo for a long time. They are doing this for money along with other things but if they gave the full version to people that have driven demo for X number of miles then a lot less people will buy S2 and LFS will probably stop production.
Seriously, Tell me what demo of what game gives you the full version for playing the demo for ages...

Freelancer , Diablo 2 LoD And exp , Ragnarok online , Tales of pirates , Matrix Online , Ragnarok online 2 , rakkion ,
________
Free Xxx Movies
#68 - axus
I highly doubt that.... can someone confirm?
Why should someone be rewarded for playing demo for a long long time, without even slightest intention to support the ones who put countless of hours of hard work to it.
Kids should get free clothes/food/toys from mall for just hanging around there doing nothing long enough time.
YEAH i found the idea for get s2 lic

I thieft old people and stolen The money to buy s2 !!!11!! one!!

[/Sarkasm]

IMO , pay for demo game is bad idea

Generally people pay for the final release of the game , i think

Ok , now I leave pay the school and other stuff to try get s2

ironic , you lose the school for 1 game =(
________
MONTANA MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Quote from garph :Eh?

It's not a business for the users, obviously, but it is a business for the game developers (if they were doing it for the FUN the game would be free), that?s why the game costs money and there is a free demo for people to try so that they will buy the game.

I don?t know what you were trying to say but trying to say its not a business is very na?ve.

I think the dev has enough money for the final release for s2 or s3
________
Z50M
Quote from Inouva :YEAH i found the idea for get s2 lic

I thieft old people and stolen The money to buy s2 !!!11!! one!!

[/Sarkasm]

IMO , pay for demo game is bad idea

Generally people pay for the final release of the game , i think

Ok , now I leave pay the school and other stuff to try get s2

ironic , you lose the school for 1 game =(

No one says you should pay for the demo. If you don't think S2 is worth the price, then don't buy it, but don't expect to be given it for nothing.

You do realise that if everything in LFS was free, it probably wouldn't even exist?
I've been playing LFS for some time already, but I still don't know whether it is or isn't possible to watch replays from S2 on (locked) demo clients. If it's not possible, then I think it could be a big tease for demo racers as they could see the S2 content in it's full beauty with all the cars and tracks, they just couldn't be able to play it. And since the demo already contains the cars and tracks, there wouldn't be no hassle with aditional downloads, just the .spr and .mpr files.
#74 - Jakg
It's not possible because it could be easily exploited.
I still think it is worth the trouble of removing the possible exploit, but that's up to the DEVs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG