The online racing simulator
Mario Andretti visit
(12 posts, started )
Mario Andretti visit
Anybody else here happen to be in the Minneapolis/St Paul area? If so and you're 21+, head on down to Tom Reid's Hockey City (sports bar) this Tuesday, August 7th in the evening. Mario Andretti will be there It looks like Doug Milliken ("Race Car Vehicle Dynamics" and others) will come along as well. Should be fun
Gah, I'm 20 Not 21 until the end of November. I wonder if I could sneak in.
Met Mario at Laguna Seca in the paddock once... nice man, and invited my family into his team lounge area where we got to crash their party and eat all their food .

Sold a pit scooter to one of his crew too. Now if only I could get a testdrive in one of their cars
Quote from 96 GTS :Gah, I'm 20 Not 21 until the end of November. I wonder if I could sneak in.

He's coming at 6:30pm so you might be be able to get in anyway. It's a restaurant/bar and there are often kids having dinner with their parents early in the evening. You might want to give them a call and see. Who knows?

Quote from Tweaker :Met Mario at Laguna Seca in the paddock once... nice man, and invited my family into his team lounge area where we got to crash their party and eat all their food .

Sold a pit scooter to one of his crew too. Now if only I could get a testdrive in one of their cars

Great story!
I'm gonna try and head over there, my dad wants to come too.

Are you in the Minneapolis metro area Todd? That'd be cool to meet up there.
I live about three blocks away. It's been my Cheers since they opened years ago

Come on down. If on the one out of a hundred chance there's a problem, ask for me ("Todd") and I'll come kick the bouncer's butt to get you in

That won't be needed though I think. It'll be fine and just early dinner for everybody, so just come on over and meet the Pope.
I never knew you were from Minnapolis, lol. Well, I live in Plymouth, not terribly far away. I'm wearing khaki shorts and a red and white striped polo shirt, maybe I'll bump into you.
:hihi:
Quote from 96 GTS :Gah, I'm 20 Not 21 until the end of November. I wonder if I could sneak in.

I'm just jealous of your date with Todd.
96 GTS, did you go? I looked around for you but didn't see anyone in a red, striped polo

Got a pic of Doug, Mario, and me. I darn near cut him out of the picture. We were all shoulder to shoulder and then they took a step back without me realizing it. The woman (Mario's publicist) taking the picture kept saying, "closer, closer!" so I kept leaning in more and more. Argh!

Oh well, a photographer took another one of Mario and me at the bar. Hopefully that one will turn out a bit nicer without it looking like I'm trying to hog the whole frame like a bonehead
Attached images
Mario-Doug-Todd.JPG
Must've been great!

Ryan was in fact looking for you... but didn't know what you looked like!
Here's me, crappy cell phone picture, lol. I'm just lucky I got one, I'd forgotten to bring a camera.

I think I may have seen you there, but yeah, I didn't have any clue what you looked like.

I also got handed a free beer, without ever getting carded or anything, nevermind I'm not actually 21... What the heck, it's St. Paul
Attached images
2.jpg
funny that the guy wearing a checkered shirt isnt the mech eng one

Mario Andretti visit
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG