The online racing simulator
Well of course we don't like him much. Most of us are always opposed to whatever ITV are enthusiastically milking for all its worth at the time. We need Hamilton to throw a wobbly and knock out Louise Goodman the next time she asks a STUPID question, like "Should we keep an eye on turn one?". Then ITV will not like him, and we'll all think he's brilliant.
Quote from thisnameistaken :FWIW I don't like Hamilton much either, he seems like a bit of a cock.

??

I don't understand all this Hamilton hate. Jesus we need more sportsmen / women like Hamilton. Far too many Brits end up like Henman. Button is a Henman.

You don't like him because he is so competitive. But what's wrong with that? To beat top experienced drivers, you have to believe you can, and that normally has an influence on your attitude. However I have only rarely seen Hamilton show any arrogance / cockiness. In the British GP, he blamed everything about his poor result, on himself infront on everyone. I don't think you could find another driver out there who would take 100% of the blame like that.

You can't expect everyone to walk around all jolly and polite, when they are trying to be the best in the world for christ's sake.

Oh and one last thing, Hamilton hardly went berserk when it appeared his own team mate had deliberately robbed his chances at pole. Imagine if it was reversed, and Alonso was the victim? He would have gotten a shotgun out.

/rant over.

Edit: Oh yes, because ITV like him, you guys hate him. Hmmm how very sad...
Nah, I don't like him because of the way he handles himself in interviews, he comes across as a bit slimy. That and the fact that he's way too well-groomed, he looks a bit too pretty, almost feminine. I'm surprised with all the adverts he's doing that he hasn't tried to sell me cosmetics yet.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Nah, I don't like him because of the way he handles himself in interviews, he comes across as a bit slimy. That and the fact that he's way too well-groomed, he looks a bit too pretty, almost feminine. I'm surprised with all the adverts he's doing that he hasn't tried to sell me cosmetics yet.

Lol. Interesting. I can understand that, and you have a point, but seriously...
Quote from thisnameistaken :Nah, I don't like him because of the way he handles himself in interviews, he comes across as a bit slimy. That and the fact that he's way too well-groomed, he looks a bit too pretty, almost feminine. I'm surprised with all the adverts he's doing that he hasn't tried to sell me cosmetics yet.

Well, obviously Lewis is a metro-man.
I hope my post was not genuinely taken seriously, I hate when that happens. First the pogo sticks and now this.
Quote from sinbad :I hope my post was not genuinely taken seriously, I hate when that happens. First the pogo sticks and now this.

Well you were being funny, but at the same time making a point. Yeah it is VERY annoying how they all worship Hamilton, but meh...
I don't understand you guys, don't you have any Nationality pride?

Just bitching and bitching about the poor guy, and he's nothing but BRILIANT!
ITV this, ITV that, you hate him because your comentators actually DO have some pride for the country in which they live? That's sad really...
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't understand you guys, don't you have any Nationality pride?

ITV this, ITV that, you hate him because your comentators actually DO have some pride for the country in which they live? That's sad really...

Indeed, very odd. I think its just because we hate having the same opinion as James Allen... But in this case he's right. I think the guy is superb (LH not JA ).
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't understand you guys, don't you have any Nationality pride?

In a word: No.

Do you like everybody from Serbia?
In fact, I hate most canadians, cept for Jeff.

:hide:

Obviously i support the british car and the british driver, but ive always supported mclaren really. Most people dont hate hamilton beacuse of ITV, we just really hate ITV. I agree its okay for them to support the british driver at least a little, but what happened to coulthard, button, davidson? They barely get mentioned, and anybody else doesnt have a chance of getting mentioned, apart from ferrari because they have to. If you didnt have a clue and just listened to the post race build up, you would assume there were 6 cars racing.
Actually while we're on the subject I don't like McLaren either. It's hard to watch a season like this one, where the contest is between McLaren and Ferrari - two teams I find impossible to like. Jean Todt: Dickhead. Ron Dennis: Dickhead. Let's be honest.

I quite like Kimi and Alonso, Massa and Hamilton not-so-much. And I like Ferrari less than McLaren, so I find myself supporting Alonso.

I wish Williams or Red Bull had a faster car.
I hate ITV because they stole F1 from the BBC, ruined it with bad intro music and adverts, then hired a complete tool to commentate on it. I would like it if James Allen wasn't such an arse monkey, on Eurosport they cheer for British riders even if they are doing crap, but when they do it you know its because they actually like the guy and they are honest enough to say 'sod the leaders wheres our man!'
Quote from thisnameistaken :In a word: No.

Do you like everybody from Serbia?

Well no, but i would cheer my heart out if Milos Pavlovic (World Series by Renault) got in F1... I wouldn't give a sh*t what he speaks with his mechanics etc.. I know he's a nice guy, he even played LFS once so i would be supporting him 100% all the way, and i would stop supporting if he doesn't deserve it, but the amount of hate that you guys have for Hamilton, not to mention that you even don't know him personally... i mean, WTF... i'm not so proud to live here in ocasions, but i still have some national pride towards my people..
I'm a bit dirty on Hamilton being craned out of the gravel last week though. I don't have the exact wording of the rule in question, but I believe it to be that: if you keep your motor running and are stranded in a dangerous position that you can receive assistance from the marshals who will push your car back on to the track so that you may remove the car from the dangerous position. It is the only time you are allowed to continue after receiving outside assistance AFAIK.

However, if the race was red flagged (a restart was imminent) I don't consider Hamilton to have been in a dangerous position at the time they removed his car via crane. I seem to recall many instances where a car was stranded in a risky spot but never craned out and allowed to continue. When Schumacher called for assistance once in the past he was beached on a ripple strip in a very dangerous spot under double waved yellows. The Marshals gave him a shove and away he went. I don't see much similarity to Hamilton's situation last week where he was craned out under red flag conditions.

I don't particularly like Hamilton's character, but I know an excellent driver when I see one, and he is all of that for sure.
He would be perhaps easier to like if Allen would stop ejaculating about him constantly.

J: "It's Hamilton! Hamilton is sitting in the car!"
M: Yes. Soon they will take the covers off the wheels and the formation lap will begin."
J: "Oh my God! Hamilton just put his helmet on! This is fantastic!"
M: "Indeed. The drivers rely on the helmet for head and eye protection. Helmets are mandatory in this type of sport".
J: "Hamilton's car is now moving! What a historical and emotional day for motor racing fans throughout the galaxy! Look how our Lewis shines on this, one of the toughest formation laps you'll ever see in Formula One! He's got Alonso right on his rear wing and two Ferraris right behind! What a true champion!"
M: "Hey James, n- no, put that thing away. Oh you're not! No please don't, can you at least turn away?!
J: "Lewis Hamilton, the young British driver who has stolen the hearts of every motor racing fan this side of Proxima Centauri, has just taken his spot on the grid!!!! Oh....oh this is fantastic!"
M: "Eeeeew" did you have to do that? Look what you've done to your Lewis Hamilton T-shirt"
J: "That's ok, I have six more just like it in my locker".
J: Oh my God, Lewis Hamilton just came out of the pits, if you know what I'm talking about.
M: Yes, I do know what you're talking about. You're talking about his penis.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I hate ITV because they stole F1 from the BBC, ruined it with bad intro music and adverts, then hired a complete tool to commentate on it. I would like it if James Allen wasn't such an arse monkey, on Eurosport they cheer for British riders even if they are doing crap, but when they do it you know its because they actually like the guy and they are honest enough to say 'sod the leaders wheres our man!'

if u brits hate them so much... imagine us non-British who have to make do with ITV commentary...

and on the subject of Lewis Hamilton... this kids has been too protected for too many years, and it shows... qualifying at Hungary wasn't the first time that he didn't listen to the team's instruction, and check out how McLaren got completely screwed because of that and Alonso's unsporting revenge~
Quote from Gunn :I'm a bit dirty on Hamilton being craned out of the gravel last week though. I don't have the exact wording of the rule in question, but I believe it to be that: if you keep your motor running and are stranded in a dangerous position that you can receive assistance from the marshals who will push your car back on to the track so that you may remove the car from the dangerous position. It is the only time you are allowed to continue after receiving outside assistance AFAIK.

However, if the race was red flagged (a restart was imminent) I don't consider Hamilton to have been in a dangerous position at the time they removed his car via crane. I seem to recall many instances where a car was stranded in a risky spot but never craned out and allowed to continue. When Schumacher called for assistance once in the past he was beached on a ripple strip in a very dangerous spot under double waved yellows. The Marshals gave him a shove and away he went. I don't see much similarity to Hamilton's situation last week where he was craned out under red flag conditions.

I don't particularly like Hamilton's character, but I know an excellent driver when I see one, and he is all of that for sure.
He would be perhaps easier to like if Allen would stop ejaculating about him constantly.

J: "It's Hamilton! Hamilton is sitting in the car!"
M: Yes. Soon they will take the covers off the wheels and the formation lap will begin."
J: "Oh my God! Hamilton just put his helmet on! This is fantastic!"
M: "Indeed. The drivers rely on the helmet for head and eye protection. Helmets are mandatory in this type of sport".
J: "Hamilton's car is now moving! What a historical and emotional day for motor racing fans throughout the galaxy! Look how our Lewis shines on this, one of the toughest formation laps you'll ever see in Formula One! He's got Alonso right on his rear wing and two Ferraris right behind! What a true champion!"
M: "Hey James, n- no, put that thing away. Oh you're not! No please don't, can you at least turn away?!
J: "Lewis Hamilton, the young British driver who has stolen the hearts of every motor racing fan this side of Proxima Centauri, has just taken his spot on the grid!!!! Oh....oh this is fantastic!"
M: "Eeeeew" did you have to do that? Look what you've done to your Lewis Hamilton T-shirt"
J: "That's ok, I have six more just like it in my locker".

Quality, That gave me a smile on a monday morning!:headbang:
Quote from JCTK :...and Alonso's unsporting revenge...

Do you really believe that was an Alonso's plot? Even when RD has said that Alonso’s car cross the line with less than a second to go? What a superb brain Alonso must have to calculate all the times mentally while sitting on the car. What is more, at that moment he was still second and had to go out and pull a 'pole' lap...

Source
RD:" "But clearly - even as was apparent by the fact that Fernando only crossed the start-line with less than a second to go and Lewis failed to do so - it was clearly not part of our plan nor consistent with the discussions that we'd had in the previous 24 hours.""

Did you notice that barely McLaren people were at the podium celebrations, all the mechanics where at the garage?
Did you notice also Hamilton didn’t answer the team radio message from the team to congratulate him after wining the race?

Seriously, it’s just me seeing a divorce between McLaren and Hamilton about this issue?
Quote from jamvib :Do you really believe that was an Alonso's plot? Even when RD has said that Alonso’s car cross the line with less than a second to go? What a superb brain Alonso must have to calculate all the times mentally while sitting on the car. What is more, at that moment he was still second and had to go out and pull a 'pole' lap...

Source
RD:" "But clearly - even as was apparent by the fact that Fernando only crossed the start-line with less than a second to go and Lewis failed to do so - it was clearly not part of our plan nor consistent with the discussions that we'd had in the previous 24 hours.""

Did you notice that barely McLaren people were at the podium celebrations, all the mechanics where at the garage?
Did you notice also Hamilton didn’t answer the team radio message from the team to congratulate him after wining the race?

Seriously, it’s just me seeing a divorce between McLaren and Hamilton about this issue?

perhaps the Alonso unsporting revenge was exaggerated...

but I've never said Hamilton and McLaren is operating at a perfect harmony did I...
Quote from JCTK :perhaps the Alonso unsporting revenge was exaggerated...

but I've never said Hamilton and McLaren is operating at a perfect harmony did I...

No, its true!

The "did you notice..." part was more a personal post-race review, not a direct answer to your post. Sorry about the missunderstanding.
Quote from jamvib :Do you really believe that was an Alonso's plot? Even when RD has said that Alonso’s car cross the line with less than a second to go? What a superb brain Alonso must have to calculate all the times mentally while sitting on the car. What is more, at that moment he was still second and had to go out and pull a 'pole' lap...

Source

Well, has anyone considered that maybe Alonso just happened to screw up his trick? Maybe he only meant to show he could do it and play some mind games with Hamilton and the team to keep them on their toes or something?

Quote :Did you notice that barely McLaren people were at the podium celebrations, all the mechanics where at the garage?

It seems that the atmosphere in the team is very tight. The team isn't big enough for two big egos like Alonso and Hamilton. Not even to mention what kind of effect the spying scandal has had. Doesn't look that good, it's a team sport after all.
Quote from jamvib :No, its true!

The "did you notice..." part was more a personal post-race review, not a direct answer to your post. Sorry about the missunderstanding.

it's ok~

we can agree that McLaren do have some serious troubles now thru...

the up coming FIA Court of Appeal...
the bad relationship between Alonso and the team...
and the arrogant little kid Hamilton...

RD have lots of very serious problems to solve...
Quote from Gunn :I'm a bit dirty on Hamilton being craned out of the gravel last week though. I don't have the exact wording of the rule in question, but I believe it to be that: if you keep your motor running and are stranded in a dangerous position that you can receive assistance from the marshals who will push your car back on to the track so that you may remove the car from the dangerous position. It is the only time you are allowed to continue after receiving outside assistance AFAIK.

I believe it was not directly related to Hamilton himself but more like to the use of a Mercedes engine in Germany.
For sure, being one of the drivers who can win the championship helped a lot.

I'm a baaaad booooy with naughty thoughts...
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark

F1 Hungarian GP 2007 *spoilers*
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG