The online racing simulator
and... how are the developers?
and... how are you guys...?

most of the people here demand and demand and demand more things, better things, fixed things, and i´ve even seen people get angry at not being able to do something with the game...

and a very few people care about the developers... how are you guys, how are you doing?, are you acomplishing your expectations with the game... is the development process going smoothly as you expected?, and one of the most important questions, are you guys financially ok?

excuse my bad english, i´m from chile, and i´m the owner of a small simcenter with 6 cockpits at the moment, that i´ve been trying to introduce here in my country...

and as we all know, the developers might have started this project out of fun, and everybody is having TONS of fun... but experiencing my situation, where i also started a simcenter business out of fun... we can´t live with fun. Fun doesn´t pay neither the rent, bills, and you can´t buy computers with fun. I had to keep my old computer technician job in order to mantain VF1 Motorsports (the name of our simcenter), because it´s my dream, and everybody is having fun with it, but it´s real tough, and it´s still tough while nearly a year from starting, i´m finally starting to earn a little bit more than what i´m spending monthly. I still have to keep my old job or i´m broke, and it´s really hard to keep up... i have even tought sometimes to trash everything and live like a normal guy, but considering the intial investment that we made along with my wife, we just can´t do that..

that´s why i wondered, if the developers of LFS are getting what they need, what are the plans for future releases of Live For Speed, are you guys working full time on LFS or you have to keep side jobs in order to keep up with the demand of all things?.

i know a lot of people is going to hate me for this... but i suggest LFS S3 to be subscription based.

come on guys.. people are spending almost $300 on steering wheels, money that´s going to a retailer, or to a manufacturer that doesn´t really needs that money..., i´m not saying that everybody does... but at least you spend $100 in a momo or a DFP.

The developers need money in order to keep this wonderful project working... i´ve even considered donating a monthly percent of my profits (when i get some finally ), in order to provide support to the development team of LFS... and i think the best way to keep up a wonderful project like this one is a subscription based system for the new upcoming release of LFS.

You´ve seen how games with this kind of system recieves support... the mounstrous example of World of Worldcraft, i know there is no point of comparision considering the target customers, but with that system, the developers are going to get everything they need, and we are going to get almost everything we demand... considering the guidelines of the original concept of the game.

the subscription shouldnt be as high as wow´s but a couple of bucks a month, will generate a constant and even more important, a predictable income for the developers to hire staff, establish a solid enterprise, and keep having fun with awesome releases with constant and always even better improvements as we have seen up to now.

i might be speculating yes, but i care about this kind of stuff because i´m experiencing it, and if the developers have managed to get to this point where we have the most advanced racing simulation game available from them, i´m pretty sure that keeping up the project is more than three times more demanding and complicated than it was a couple of years ago when the development of S1 was planning S2.

i want to hear opinions of those in favor or against a subscription system, and moreover, i would like to hear about the developers, is there anything we could do for you guys?
#2 - Jakg
The LFS development model doesn't really get sped up by extra cash - Scawen has this as his full time job, and he doesn't like the idea of letting other coders in.
HI!

I understand your concern, but can you really imagine Victor or Scawen posting in this thread how hard the development progress is for them? And if they are having financial difficulties, why should they officially announce about it here? Think about their reputation after this, the average high expecting customer would never invest it's money into a project that is having financial difficulties.

And as for the subscription based stuff, i would probably pay for it if it really would a few quid a month, but if it would be more than 10 quid a month then I'd pull my "stocks" out of this project.
it´s not about them posting those kind of stuff, i´m sure they won´t and it´s common that they should answer that everything is great...

i didn´t know that scawen had another job for example... that might mean that LFS development is the hobby?, i know that a cash isn´t going to speed up things, but at least i´m speaking for myselft, if i were scawen or victor i would like LFS to be my full time job, not my side job... and speculating again, LFS is a side project because it supports itself, but it can´t support others for the time being...

i think i know how demanding this increasing project might be, and i would like to express my favor to a subscription system for S3, wich i think it´s the best suited model for this stage of the project... LFS has to go enterprise sooner or later.
#5 - Jakg
Scawen DOESN'T have another job - he works full time (and from the release times of some of the patches over full time!) - money wont make him work faster...
Unless it's coins flung at him
Yeh but he would put up red and white barriers around him and they would just fly 2,000,000 feet up into the air and not hurt him.
#8 - CSU1
Quote from Jakg : - money wont make him work faster...

...will twinkeys...or cookies?
ooh well.. that´s great to hear tho..., the full time working thing, not the overworking, although overworking sometimes comes with joy, it´s actually 5:30am here, and i´m still tweaking one of the computers for tomorrow´s race .. i LOVE my job way too much... and luckily.. my wife it´s in it with me, so i don´t have a WAF to consider (WAF= Wife Acceptance Factor, commony found when a man finds a hobby where to spend time).

but i would like to know.. if LFS is going to go enterprise, it is already, or scawen is the only one recieving and attending to all our requests?... i find that way too much to handle...
There is another option to somewhat sponsor the project with some variable income. They introduced the hi-res skin download.
Quote from CSU1 :...will twinkeys...or cookies?

Cookies or pai, that would do the trick.
'Excuse my bad english'? Wouldn't worry about that friend - not patronising you but your post contained better english than some natives have posted of late! Made perfect sense to me and a good read too.
I think the developers are doing fine, although they've been a bit quiet of late. Maybe Scawen has gone on holiday! But anyway, I don't think the developers have any financial problems, LFS seems to be very successful.
Quote from DarkTimes :I think the developers are doing fine, although they've been a bit quiet of late. Maybe Scawen has gone on holiday! But anyway, I don't think the developers have any financial problems, LFS seems to be very successful.

:chairs: Scawen said if is quiet that means he is coding hard... So the only question would be: How long until Y?
Quote from bbman ::chairs: Scawen said if is quiet that means he is coding hard... So the only question would be: How long until Y?

Nah, he's on a beach in the Bahamas.
Or he has been coding day and night for Y.
rediske - Quite the opposite I'd imagine, if he's off the forums then he's deep into doing better things; like coding, or his wife (gf?).
Hasnt it always been like this that he went silent for some weeks after a new patch?
Quote from Bob Smith :rediske - Quite the opposite I'd imagine, if he's off the forums then he's deep into doing better things; like coding, or his wife (gf?).

As ^ sais it, he has a life too, I bet he uses very much time with the LFS project, so if he now has some time with his wife on a hooliday or something, then I think we just should back off and let him have this holidays in quiet without me or any other people screaming "WHEN IS y-PATCH COMING OOUUTT?!?!?!?"
I think some people expect to have a new patch every month, possibly due the huge amount of test patches we have seen over the last few months, maybe he worked his but off so he could have a half decent summer with his friends and family? anyhow i find LFS progresses at just about the right speed, be patient Y will come!

p.s does that mean the ctra-x system will become ctra-y when we get a it?
Quote from DarkTimes :I think the developers are doing fine, although they've been a bit quiet of late. Maybe Scawen has gone on holiday! But anyway, I don't think the developers have any financial problems, LFS seems to be very successful.

Think you are right. Only posts form Victor. And its a well-earned one also.
We must donate more for the LFS. I`m gonna buy some HI Res skins now and maybe donate some money either.
Consider all the activity recently in LFS - patch X, release of new CTRA system, and the LX competition month.
Busy busy busy.
expect some quiet for a while now as we expect these "what's happening" posts to restart. It's the normal pattern repeating over again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG