The online racing simulator
Don't worry about it. Just use the "Edit" button next time.

In response to your question, you don't necessarily have to do it earlier, just do it faster. First you should learn the braking points, then when you know them, get in the lower gear as soon as you can
ok soo say i had a breaking point i have to share it out like say from 6 to 4 i have to break then clutch in to 5th then break clutch in to 4th for the breaking point and turn in to apex or go around outside
The breaking point is where you start breaking for a turn. Once you start breaking, you want to keep breaking until you reach the speed you need to be able to make the turn. The technique that is used for continuous breaking is called "Hell and Toe" or "Heal and toe downshift" or "heal and toe double clutch" Search for it online and you will get many results.

Can someone else give me a hand with helping Austin, at least someone clarify that what i'm telling him is correct...
Hold the brake pedal down with the toes of your right foot.

Now practice this routine, while keeping the brake pedal held down:

Clutch in,
Shift down a gear and quickly give the throttle pedal a push with the side of your right foot,
Clutch out.

Practise that until it feels natural, so you can do it quickly again and again. Try to make the whole sequence into one fluid movement.

By doing this, you're matching the engine revs to the gear you're about to select - this helps keep the car stable under braking and also lets you take advantage of engine braking (the engine slowing down the wheels) which you don't get if you hold the clutch in from the braking point all the way to the corner.
ok from this nother reply i can see i getting then hand soo i need to break around corner not accelerate
Attached files
DarkSanity_AS3_FXR_7.spr - 84 KB - 171 views
If I use the shifter, I use the clutch. Always.

If I use sequential, I set it to Auto-clutch. The benefit is that you can still use the clutch manually with auto-clutch enabled.

The greatest benefit for me with using the clutch manually (whether I use shifter/sequential) is getting a fast, smooth, straight starting take-off with little to no wheelspin. This really helps prevent "false starts" and is a great advantage with patch-X.

The clutch also helps me keep the car stable during downshifts when using the shifter. Also, if I accidentally drop down a gear or two too low, I can just push in the clutch and correct my mistake before the car gets squirmy or completely wipes. Sometimes it's quicker to step on the clutch in that situation than to try to click back up on the sequential shifter...sometimes.

If the track has a lot of tight/slow corners (KY GP Long/Fern Bay Black), I use sequential so I can keep my hands on the wheel more. If I race a more "corner friendly" track (Westhill), I'm faster with the shifter/clutch. It all comes down to personal taste / personal skill in the end.
Quote from XCNuse :Ans, W4H, and Moonchild, your posts were deleted for a most basic reason; we don't need that here, if you have something to post, make it helpful.

Huh? I didn't even post in this thread to begin with... Unless I am going crazy, I never posted in this thread until this post.

I looked at the thread in various caches, and I couldn't find any posts by me.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q ... l=us&client=firefox-a

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG