The online racing simulator
Less forgiving open-wheeler collisions?
Hi,

I've been racing the open wheeled cars quite a lot. While certainly the behavior of all the open-wheelers feel believeable, I think the collisions (moreso with wheel-to-wheel impacts) are waaaaaaaaaaay too forgiving... I mean, when you see open wheelers race and their tyres touch that of another car, they lose control... and bashing into the wall with the side of a car that's open wheeled should practically end your race- as the vast majority of open-wheeled race cars probably don't have suspension _that_ durable.

The tintops are problemless with the exception of a few well-known problems that apply to all cars, though...?
one word: alpha
Quote from CasseBent :one word: alpha

sums it all up in one word :/

Remember in GP3 how it used to flick your car up if you made contact with another F1 car's tyres? That was actually quite realistic. Would be good to see that in LFS.
atm there is no such thing as wheel to wheel collisions in lfs and the cars bounding box goes around the wheels at all times such that youre unable to get your wheels between somebody elses on the open wheelers

i cringe at the thought of what wheel to wheel collisions would be like with the current collision detection
Quote from Shotglass :atm there is no such thing as wheel to wheel collisions in lfs and the cars bounding box goes around the wheels at all times such that youre unable to get your wheels between somebody elses on the open wheelers

i cringe at the thought of what wheel to wheel collisions would be like with the current collision detection

With the way it is, you smack another wheel of another car and nothing happens. Watching the open wheel races in real life and you watch them touch a wall or another car and the wheels get riped clean off.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Remember in GP3 how it used to flick your car up if you made contact with another F1 car's tyres? That was actually quite realistic. Would be good to see that in LFS.

Quote from Shotglass :i cringe at the thought of what wheel to wheel collisions would be like with the current collision detection

Well, we'd certainly not see any lack of getting flicked around (into the stratosphere)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG