The online racing simulator
Anyone try the GT Legends demo yet?
(71 posts, started )
Quote from Jimi :

A real bad point is that you can't change driver position, real crap.
I don't see me learning to drive on the right side.

Cars that were built as LHD models are LHD, and cars that were built with RHD are RHD.......hardly anything wrong with that, and it only takes 5 minutes to adjust to your "wrong" side.

I wish LFS were like that, then there wouldn't be this constant "LHD is faster on track X" and "RHD is faster on track Y" stuff, which is far worse than not being able to switch would be (imo).

(To basically clarify: driver side in LFS affect weight distribution. Having the weight on the inside of a turn is better than it being on the outside of a turn, so certain tracks favor one side more than the other, and the difference is still quite noticeable, hence why a lot of people will change sides depending on if a track is clockwise or anti-clockwise, how realistic....)
Quote from Forbin :That doesn't quite make up for the awful cross-fading of the engine sounds which makes you cringe every time it switches samples. Unlike LFS, GTR uses samples instead of generating the sounds real-time. I'd be a lot more impressed if they got those kinds of sounds by generating them the way LFS does, and as a result without the aforementioned cross-fading, which, IMO, is cheating.

I don't really notice it...but that could be because i just love the way a ferrari sounds and my mind blocks it out haha
very disappointing. GTR was way better, even with the bugs.
Typical simbin. Looks nice and shiny, but inside its the same rusty rotten junk.

Quote :Famous tracks:

More than 10 officially licensed tracks from across Europe.

That's pathetic.

Quote :
Career Mode:

Buy, collect and sell cars in the brand new career mode including exciting Cup Challenges where you can earn prizes and unlock unique cars.

Sounds like a Gran Turismo wannabe. (the physics are even worse than GT aswell... <shakes head>)

Quote :
Multiplayer mode:

Show off your latest purchased cars in multiplayer online races.

I thought racing sims were about racing, not looking good. I guess I'm just old-fasioned that way.

Quote :
Complete Realism:

A new level of realism based on real world technical data and exhaustive R&D with the co-operation of the FIA, GTC-TC Race Teams and Tracks.

Nearly every single game that has been released latelty has this or a similar claim. It has come to mean nothing.

Quote :
Dynamic Audio:

Faithful recreations of the actual car sounds heard at GTC-TC race events.

Is it just me, or are these the sounds from GTR? The vette sounds VERY familiar... The sounds are also hollo. They may have a deep sound, but they are 2D. At least LFS feels like the sound has a source and is coming from somewhere.

Quote : Advanced sliding, drifting & damage

Uhm... don't make me laugh. Now, I've never had the pleasure of driving a classic GT car, but this just doesn't seem to feel right. Plus the damage is terrible.

Get off your high-horse simbin.

MAGGOT
GTR worked like crap this shxt don't even start, just crash the computer and the Simsalabin team take no care about potential buyers...I registred for news letter, but I only recived two and the last one arrived more than a year ago.

So..No thanx

Regards
Tooby
My team mate said its good, so I tried it. But for some unknown reason my M$ Sidewinder FF wheel did not work in this game. Not axes, not buttons. So I could just sit in garage and start and stop the engine from keyboard...
I downloaded it, but having read this thread, I'm not going to bother letting Sinbin screw with my system by actually installing it. And I don't think I'll miss out on anything either.
Quote from tristancliffe :And I don't think I'll miss out on anything either.

You sure won't.

Heh, the demo CTD's when I try to drive the Jag.. man.. This is pretty bad. I dunno which is worse, GTR or this?
Man, you guys are really bashing this game!!! To tell you the truth I enjoy this game, I have been having alot of fun with it with out any bugs at all! Did you watch My and stevos video? Tell me its doesnt look fun... lol
Vid...
http://media.putfile.com/TSparksterGTL_1-1
IT does look fun. But thats where it ends. Simbin is all about image, and they always have been, even when they were just making mods for free. (Though, the mods you can't complain about as they were free.) They've never had good physics. Hell, they even package the faults in their stuff as 'realistic'.

MAGGOT
I also enjoy the demo very much and I'll buy it . Had lots of fun .
I like it pretty much actually. I am gonna buy it as well as GTR.
I think this is great fun, the cars are really nice to drive. It strikes a good balance between authenticity and fun, a little like LFS itself. So far I'm very impressed with the demo, but i will withhold judgement to see if it improves on GTR's really crap online mode. On this evidence it's definitely on my shopping list.
#41 - Woz
starts fine for me until I try and select a menu option then just locks up. Got into a race once when first installed but only had kb.

Impression of GFX as was using kb. Car shapes great but track dull and lifeless. Appears to be very low poly like all ISI games to date.

So wanted to play but the menu lockup was a bug in GTR and they failed to fix it. Speaks volumes to me
GTL was utter bollocks.

Its maps are bland (at this stage), and it felt like nothing more than a modification of GTR, in my opinion.

The only reason to buy this game would be if multiplayer actually works properly. Which given their record is unlikely.
Quote from TheSparkster :So does GTR.

Which is why neither of them will see my system. Theres no sence in putting crappy protection on a demo. I bought one game with starforce, it caused problems had to format, and no game or demo with SF will ever see the day of light on my system again...im actually not the only person to feel like this. Theres no need for this type of crap protection on games, just require a unique cd key and be done with it....hl2 has no problems with their system, nore does other games, it sucks that the end user that buys games legit is usually the ones that get the shaft by these protections!
only thing i liked (from watching the movie, thx for that) is the headlights and the gear shifting, and the good looking hands/sleeves, if lfs fixes that it will be uber
Quote from guybrush :is the headlights

You noticed that huh?
I've installed it, and tried it few times. So far, I haven't had any bugs or system rebooting or anything.
But otherwise, I'm disappointed. The game feels, looks, sounds like it's just a mod for F1C.
The track lacks many details (well, I don't know exactly how Dijon-Prenois looks like), the physics are IMO pretty arcadeish. I mean, those cars are really easy to control. But then again, the game is based on F1C's engine AFAIK. And that engine works with F1s, not with classics.
I was really disappointed on this...
Ive tried the demo ..and it doesnt feel right too me

sexy cars...poo physics

**flame suit on **
I've been playing around with the demo now for two days, trying to like it (maybe it is because in the beginning i was really impressed with GTR, both the demo and the initial german release) but somehow LFS has spoilt it for me:
I hear lots of people praising the GFX in GTL but to me, apart from the shader effects which are nice, it is plain disappointing! I know Dijon seems to be a bit boring but the candy-like and dull layout in the demo are no competition to the tracks in LFS. The cars look and sound great but driving them is another story. I was anticipating some fun with those cars but probably this is not my type of game. Next to this it is even more cpu/gpu hungry as GTR is. All in all a disappointment I would say.

I hope the ISI guys have done a better job with rFactor (that title really looks promising!).

Just my $0.02

Jan.
Quote from JanHovius :I hope the ISI guys have done a better job with rFactor (that title really looks promising!).

They definately have! rF is the only other racing sim I'll play. I don't play the demo too much because the same car on the same track gets dull... Plus I can't be bothered to get it setup for better FPS for a demo. I can't wait for the full version of rFactor. It shall be one helluva blast!

MAGGOT
I really struggled with this. Simply doesnt feel right at all, I'm constanly fighting the FF, not being able to feel what the car is doing, and seem to get random, chronicly unrecoverable understeer moments.
Although to be honest, I've never driven classic cars so maybe thats just what they are like.
Not very much fun though.

Anyone try the GT Legends demo yet?
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG