The online racing simulator
Quote from Widdowmaker :Well - I have to say..... Only 1 skin got my vote, but in the order of decency - I will find 4 more to vote for.

It stands out as a clear winner in my minds eye - but there is more than 1 prize to be won.

I will spend the rest of the week selecting the next 4.

I had the same problem. Only one clear winner for me and the rest of the votes (now 5) is still subject to change .

Thx, Victor. Although it's still possible to vote for 6 LX6-skins and no LX4 (or vice versa). But hopefully people will prorate their votes all by themselves.
when can we expect first results Victor ?
You just want him DQ'd Niko, so YOUR skin can win
Having looked, I think TeazR has it in the bag personally. Al Heeley could compete, but only appears to have a single entry at the moment. Some good other ones, but nothing in that league, and some crap ones too. I would enter myself, but I'd increase the crap count by 1.
Some great skins, teazR as usual but there are some other great skins in there.

Going to be hard to pick a top 6.

Good luck everyone
TeazR had some good skins. I voted for 2 of his. BTW, anyone vote for my skin?
#57 - JJ72
doh, didn't upload the lX6 ones in time.
I actually didn't find any of TeazR's to be special enough, but each to their own I guess, I can't really comment after the pile of crap I submitted lol
#59 - JJ72
I guess it doesn't have to be outstandingly special, since these are default skins and should cater for most people's taste, a professional execution with proper use of colour, layout, logos and good first impression would be more important.

If you go down the list with these qualities, actually there are only a few which is really more than satisfactory in all of it.
#60 - JJ72
Btw, one vote for Vilante Volante here, just gotta have at least one good looking classic stripe design in. And one for the very quiet but talented Justin Ziarko.
Shame i wasn't able to finish my own skin due to holiday and work but there are some really great ones on the submissions page
Quote from JJ72 :I guess it doesn't have to be outstandingly special, since these are default skins and should cater for most people's taste, a professional execution with proper use of colour, layout, logos and good first impression would be more important.

If you go down the list with these qualities, actually there are only a few which is really more than satisfactory in all of it.

I based my choices on the same principles, but also on imagination and whether or not I could have produced something similar. My opinion is that if it looks like something I could make, its not good enough.

I only just got my 6 choices, and I picked the same design for an lx6 and lx4, so I really only liked 5 of them.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :....BTW, anyone vote for my skin?

Probably not the best thing to ask is it, especially when you look at the competition.
I did two very different ones. I did a LX4 more like a would like to paint my (future) seven-like and a LX6 more race version with numbers on it. Very fiew sponsor (just scavier/lfs in fact) as I don't like it that much. I am sorry I painted a bit behind the light on the LX6 but my skin could be done in real life just using single color stickers !

I voted for six others skins but I notice that there are less than six that use a correct shadding (well but the blank (shadded) skin as layer, darken mode and let's go !). It is shame with all the stuff here to make skinning work easier.

Any comment on my skin are wellcome as I am a real skinning noob.
I also found it very hard to vote. Didn't pick the ones which had both LX4 and LX6 version, because imo it's just a job of copy&paste and all skins should be original. Tried to judge the complicity of the skin too, and how it was done. Then of course what the skin looks, but that's just a matter of taste.

Also, would have preferred the author names to be hidden because some have it. It's like with all artist, name sells. Like Scawen making a "new" version of Tetris. Would be a instant hit among LFS fans.
Is there any way to follow the most voted skins? I mean a poll, etc...
I find that this non-public vote is best. Refraining people from just clicking the most voted ones and actually making up their own mind.

I've ofcourse made some hard decisions and voted for, what I believe is, 6 high quality skins.
Quote from Blackout :(...) but that's just a matter of taste.

Funny, but for me personally that's just about all this vote is about.

I don't care how complex a skin is or whether there's a second version of it for the other car. If I like it and if it's technically well made, I vote for it. What's the point in disregarding a skin for "formal" reasons?

Seems like some people are making a science out of this vote.
I'm just hoping they do something like this for the other cars, I have several FOX skins that could make the top 3, and some decent XFR ones too. I guess we will have to wait and see what we get after this one, maybe an RAC month!
Quote from Linsen :
Seems like some people are making a science out of this vote.

Yes! But nobody accepts us, call us pseudoscientists!

Better than the shaman way. I bet Kev let fish guts deside while he was on a mushroom trip.
erm, daloonie has a castrol skin which by the comp rules should not be accepted for the judging. Sorry.
i thought you were allowed to used logos that are in the game. like castrol and intel.
Would be cool if we can see the actual classement of skins
I really like several skins here, and have submitted my votes for these 6 skins:

Diablo Def
LX6_GRIPPMAXX02
408544 bytes
11 Jul 2007, 13:10

ATC Quicksilver
LX6_KYOTONS
292856 bytes
12 Jul 2007, 17:20

Diablo Def
LX4_GRIPMAXXRACING
360362 bytes
15 Jul 2007, 22:45

Diablo Def
LX4_TAKAI01

370205 bytes
22 Jul 2007, 21:54

Vilante 11

LX6_VOLANTEV11
380432 bytes
26 Jul 2007, 06:22

justinziarko

LX6_CELL+JZ
360243 bytes
28 Jul 2007, 23:12

As you can see, I really like Diablo Defs work . These designs look good on the LX cars imo. Quicksilvers is a good work of simplicity, and looks great for the LX car (a classic look). I am sure everyone from this list will have a winning skin .
Justin is my favourite, and most people I speak to love that cell skin. I rekon he could win it, oh and thanks for the vote tweaker! That sums me up perfectly...simple!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG