The online racing simulator
My Suggestion
(30 posts, started )
My Suggestion
I think that every user should be able to have one guest account coz i have a lot of online mate that play demo and don't know if they would buy s2 main reason is coz they think it will be like demo.

like tonight i gave a mate one of my unlocks coz he wants to get s2 but he dunno what it will be like so i said how about i give u a unlock and we join a server and race/drift with each other yeah the thought was kool but was disopointed when only one could be online with the user name so maybe a guest account for each user on s2 would be good.

maybe let the guest expire after 48 hours then disable guest account for 2 weeks or something like that so it can't be used all the time.

I reckon it would boost sales if people could get a feel of what s2 is like.

Let the Flaming begin lol
Quote from brat81 :...like tonight i gave a mate one of my unlocks coz he wants to get s2 but he dunno what it will be like so i said how about i give u a unlock and we join a server and race/drift with each other yeah the thought was kool but was disopointed when only one could be online with the user name so maybe a guest account for each user on s2 would be good.

In teh EULA the sharing of accounts is not allowed, now although your post has some constructive comments what you did in good faith is actually contravening the rules of your account licence.
really oh
hope nothing bad happens now but something like this should be inplented demo just really doesn't sell lfs off to well
It's one of the best demo's I've ever seen. You can drive 3 cars and 1(4) tracks forever. You can even host your own server.
Why not invite your friend over and let him play on your PC?
Maybe even show him some videos...
well he lives like 6+ hours away from me videos don't really give a hands on experience servers are better on s2 online play is 100x cleaner then demo and it's just an over all great experience.

yeah demo has great values like there is no demo like it but take it up another step and allow 1 guest per account at a time just like what u can do on xbox live like in games such as Gears Of War it just takes it up that little more and i'm sure sales would be higher coz more and more people would get that hands on experience.

i'm sure there is people out there that agree with me

Ps. i'm sorry i broke the EULA please don't punish me i had no idea i roughly read the EULA.
Great idear
i think that would be a wicked add on as brat81 said it would boost the sales rapidly + would give pepole a feel of the s2 package

i am a current demo user and i also think about what s2 would be like
is it the same with all the idiots crashing and abusing ppl and that currently has put me off from buying s2

you just dont get that same feeling when playing it first hand
but as the other person has posted the demo is one of the best out there compaired to others 3 cars and diff tracks but its just the demo users that crash and abuse (note not all are bad but there is a lot of em)

but users of the demo have put me off s2 i have been told buy other ppl that s2 has control of those idiots and i use that term lightly but a 1 day try from a s2 user would comfirm that it is as good as it is cracked up to be

thats just my thaught

from les a demo user
Quote from brat81 :I think that every user should be able to have one guest account coz i have a lot of online mate that play demo and don't know if they would buy s2 main reason is coz they think it will be like demo.

If you go to buy a "normal" PC game, you don't get the option to borrow the CD for a few days to see what it is like! If you want to play with you friend then just pay £48 and get two licenses.

Not that I am supporting you giving away your user details to someone else - but if you stop racing online then he would be able to connect and try out online racing!

James
does anybody obey the EULA????
who hasn't lent out a game to someone everyone has thats all i did pretty much

i will be changin my game password as soon as i think my mate has had enough time on s2.

or unless i'm told to do so
Anyone that doesn't obey the EULA is encouraged not to brag about the fact on the official forum. That is basic common sense.

The main argument against adding more demo content is that it does less to encourage people to buy the full product and more to make demo users happier to stay with just the free demo content.
What works for some does not work for others.
The fact is, there seems little chance that adding more demo content is much of a priority item for the devs.
at what point was i braggin i was meerly making apoint

i know i'm buggered now by breaking EULA as soons as devs read this but what can i do now accpet beg and say don't ban my account please i beg you please don't i don't mind if i get block for usage for a 1 or 2 weeks or so but not a perm ban
#11 - wark
Way I see it is, S2 isn't exactly that expensive. Why shouldn't they just buy it themselves if it's worth spending x hours playing?
Its a good way to learn how to save money for something u want rather than rely on someone else. I personally would not want a guest account it would make things to complicated, Saving up and learning to be responsible and patient. The easy option is never the right one stand up and be counted.

Ive read on some threads about some demo user's emailing licenced user and asking for them to share there account.
Quote from jjones :
Ive read on some threads about some demo user's emailing licenced user and asking for them to share there account.

really thats a bit rude but really i have no say coz what i have done is wrong

i also agree with what your saying with the saving up and stuff

but read muffman001 post yeah that maybe one demo users point of view but there are many out there that are like that i was like that before i brought S2 i have been playing lfs since s1 was first realeased back in 2004 i think it was and i've only had s2 for a few months now i didn't buy it for a long time coz i thought everyone on s2 would be just as bad as the people on demo but then i got my chance at playing s2 for a little bit and i quite enjoyed it that made me wanna buy it i thought it was dull and boring and very repetative untill i played s2.

i could ramble on all night and fight my point but really it's not going to achive anything really coz so far no one but the demo player agrees with me.
Well, I'm a demo player but I'm afraid I don't see the need for this either. Would have thought someone could tell from the demo whether it was for them. Main reason I haven't upgraded yet is it's and excuse to complain about some issues...did I mention the clutch and the AI? :hidesbehi

Actually, the demo is so good that if the AI could drive I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't bother to upgrade.
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame : wasn't relevant, after second post
Quote from al heeley :Anyone that doesn't obey the EULA is encouraged not to brag about the fact on the official forum. That is basic common sense.

I know we have had our difference of opinions Al, but its hardly bragging is it, hes just giving the Devs a synopsis, to help evaluate the situation and make clear his intentions.
No, it was just general advice, best not to bring up this stuff on the forum as the devs are quick to ban.
I didn't accuse brat of bragging, though I may have inferred it. That was my bad.
We're cool now, BlueFlame, aren't we?
i really hope the devs see my side of this i didn't intentionaly think i was breaking the EULA i would die if i got banned from lfs
i've a long time player then to be tossed out back to demo would kill me i love this game i have got so many peolple to play this (there still on demo) i even went halves with one guy to help buy him s2 and will be doin with another mate soon as soon as he gets enough money to pay half not just gonna let him have just s1 thats like only giving a kid half of there fav toy.

i'm deadly sorry for breaking the EULA i don't know how many times i have to say it

Maybe this suggestion was a bad idea
How many other games offer a guest account? What you are basically saying is that LFS should be buy one, get one free.

I've only ever seen anything like this on steam when they give out a free month pass for you to send to someone so that they can play counter strike or day of defeat.

If there were time limited guest accounts it would just bring demo style wreckers into S2, because there would no long term consequences.

People seem to forget that this is an OFFCIAL forum and not only that but a place where the developers come and read posts. Most people have done things they shouldn't but a least have the brains to NOT talk about illegal, rules breaking stuff like this here (or on any official forum), it will only go one way.

:dopey:
Quote from garph :How many other games offer a guest account? What you are basically saying is that LFS should be buy one, get one free.
:dopey:

i dunno if you have played gears of war on xbox 360 they let you have a guest account thats the same idea i'm thinking of.

like what if i decide to have a little lan session between and mate me just the 2 of us and only one of us has s2 and the other has demo what about sharing your account so both of you could play on the one server at the same time now that would be fun coz just playing 2 player of lfs does get bit boring but if you add say an extra 5+ people it gets more fun

i dunno if you can see where i'm coming from
That's going into more of a LAN party licence which has been talked about before.
cheers man thx i no things aren't gonna turn out good
I know some demo users get annoyed with S2 users coming across as arrogant and deaf to their suggestion but if some one who hasn't brought the game comes into a thread about making more things free or getting something for free and then say "great idea" you're not really going to help the cause.
free
[quote=garph;501849] but if some one who hasn't brought the game comes into a thread about making more things free or getting something for free and then say "great idea" you're not really going to help the cause

were not saying add a heap of new features but were are mearly saying that this would help bring more potential buyers to lfs

just a 2 hour trial or something it would give ppl the feel of s2
would be more of a tease than anything ppl would play the diffrent tracks and cars and go wow this is great and know they would get there moneys worth

but i can also see your point as it would make it more annoying for the ppl who baught s2 but if they had strict rules it would be ok
so there for no ppl abusin and raming other ppl like whats happining in the demo
Quote from garph :I know some demo users get annoyed with S2 users coming across as arrogant and deaf to their suggestion but if some one who hasn't brought the game comes into a thread about making more things free or getting something for free and then say "great idea" you're not really going to help the cause.

True, i was a demo user once and i saved up and bought a s2 licence,

Nothing comes for free in this world,but there is a minority that wants every thing for free I say good luck to ya and dont come knocking on my door.
guess i'm gonna have to accpet the fact i have a 90% chance of loosing my S2 lisence :banghead: :cry: :sorry: :weeping: :ashamed:

My Suggestion
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG