The online racing simulator
For s3 you should do rockcrawlers
For s3 you should do rockcawers nobody has tooking the idea of making a rockcrawler game it would be a really fun game.
its been done

P.S. no need for large font
#3 - Slopi

I really don't want to see this turn into a redneck motorsports sim
i dont think i want my stae in lfs
What the hell is "rockcrawlers"? Is that some kind of off-road motorsport or is it more like monster truck "racing"?

Anyway, I'm most definitely against it, I'm sure.
It's literally crawling over rocks with cars.
#7 - garph
We'd also need rocks to crawl over.

Can't see any racing that would wrok in this idea so it's a, nah, from me.
And after that lets add bumper cars with nos and MONSTER trucks with tiny tires![/sarcasim]

Also the BIG BOLD TEXT doesn't make you appear intelegent. So I'd stop using it now.

That isn't really racing, its more crawling to the finishline instead of racing
1) rigs of rods
2) i dont really see much point of coding multiple contact patch handling into lfs
I see, so it at least involves some skill -- I'm against it nonetheless.
Does anyone else see this as an opportunity to fine tune low speed tire behavior and suspension modelling?
i see it as a waste of valuable time to push S2 into S3
For s3 you should stop making these posts and wait for S2 to be complete atleast.
lol, true my man...very true [/stop wierdness]
100 % NO !!!!! but not a bad idea
Quote from GruntOfAction :And after that lets add bumper cars with nos and MONSTER trucks with tiny tires![/sarcasim]

Also the BIG BOLD TEXT doesn't make you appear intelegent. So I'd stop using it now.

So many lols in this post.
Quote from Shotglass :
2) i dont really see much point of coding multiple contact patch handling into lfs

Wheel to wheel contact
wheel to body contact
wheel to wall contact
hooking the tire on a curb
proper handling of ruts when they become an issue in rally cross
more realistic rally cross behavior when transitioning from the track to the raised run off.

Did i miss anything?
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by XCNuse : completely off topic
WTF??????

Somebody hand me a shotgun , with noobshot rounds!:sheep:
#21 - JTbo
What was wrong with screamer 4x4? Would be great if there would be proper offroad with LFS dynamics, so +1 for offroad in general, not only for rock crawling.

It is bit like autocross, but in rough surface instead of flat surface, also vehicles are adopted accordingly.

You could have offroad editor like we have autocross editor.

That would be +10000 tzillion specially if we get ripsaw (tube frame with blown V8 and tank tracks) and Tatra trucks
The very dated Cabela 4x4 outdoor adventure games has very fun car trilal, map navigation, pulling yourself out of a swamp etc. (might not even run on a modern machine though)

If it wasnt OT for LFS I'd rather have icelandic formula offroad, since those cars are more LOL.
#23 - JTbo
Quote from heson :The very dated Cabela 4x4 outdoor adventure games has very fun car trilal, map navigation, pulling yourself out of a swamp etc. (might not even run on a modern machine though)

If it wasnt OT for LFS I'd rather have icelandic formula offroad, since those cars are more LOL.

Formula offroad is indeed very nice, they can even drive top of water with those, that is what I call aquaplaning

There is certain similarities with dune buggies found in US, but of course cars are meant bit different use, formula offroad is more extreme of two.

So desert and sand racing is not big leap from there and there you can race online again and it is in scope of LFS somehow at least.

700-800bhp blow V8 screaming and car doing really long jumps at desert, not too bad racing imo, but building such enviroment is challenge that no game so far has succeeded to simulate, don't know if it is yet possible with today's machines at all.
Quote from heson :The very dated Cabela 4x4 outdoor adventure games has very fun car trilal, map navigation, pulling yourself out of a swamp etc. (might not even run on a modern machine though)

A quick vid I did a while ago. Cabela's runs on modern machines (at least as modern as mine, XP on Athalon 64 3500, onboard gfx. Haven't tried it with my new gfx card.)

http://www.geocities.com/mrodg88/Cabellas_4x4_Adventure2.wmv

Not real good quality vid. But a fun offroad game.
meh i think S3 should have a truck cab i think it would be a nice addition to the game to be able to race trucks but thats just my own opinion im sure others will disagree with me and more than likely will reply to this calling me an idiot

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG