The online racing simulator
Man of the round (european GP)
(18 posts, started )
Very eventful race, with loads of gambles but my man of the round goes to Webber, not only did he have consistant speed all race, he infact gained pace during the pit stops of the cars behind.

and to top it off he beat his team mate.

who do you guys think it is?
Winklehock and the entire Spyker team.

It takes a MIRACLE for a low budget team to lead a GP, and this was his first GP ever. If it weren't for all the wankers off in T1 causing that red flag, and the Spyker engine going blammo, it would have been an even greater race for them.
I think Spyker and Winkelhock deserve some recognition too

OK, the events leading to them being in that position were a bit out of the ordinary, but then again it was a tactical decision just like any other team can/could have made, sure they had nothing to lose , but let's not take away from the fact that they lead the GP fair and square!.

I know the red flag was fairly necessary due to the attrocious conditions, but at the same time it was harsh for the Spyker team to lose that advantage. In a parallel universe, if it had been a few of the back markers going off instead of the top teams struggling, would we have seen the red flag?
If the others had followed the Spyker's lead and gone with FULL WETS instead of the Rubbish intermediates chances are they would not have.
And the noob of the day (read wrecker) was Heidfeld.
Quote from Urgentemente :I know the red flag was fairly necessary due to the attrocious conditions, but at the same time it was harsh for the Spyker team to lose that advantage. In a parallel universe, if it had been a few of the back markers going off instead of the top teams struggling, would we have seen the red flag?

I think the sheer number of cars piled up at Turn one warranted a red flag tbh, I was suprised it didnt come earlier.

Alonso for me, nice drive at the end, really came out of wherever he was dossing about all race to shine.
Isn't Winklehock getting replaced now though, which is very weird considering he is the only driver Spyker has ever had thats led a race before..
Winkelhock only led the race because the Spyker team took a chance from the back of the grid and the rain came at the right moment. There's no miracle involved, just a punt on the weather which no other team could risk. If you're at the back you have nothing to lose.

The man of the race for me was Alonso. He stayed on track during the rain, wasn't pressured into a mistake during Raikkonen's brief charge and he hunted down Massa brilliantly at the end. It's been a long time since we've seen a passing move for the race lead like that, and it was glorious to watch.
^^I agree completely. Ferrari seemed a bit shocked at the concept of Alonso overtaking another car out of the pitlane, note how MS didn't get involved and left the pitwall when they got in a huff.

I think moment of the day had to be MS presenting the trophy to Ron Dennis though
#11 - DeKo
Quote from ajp71 :^^I agree completely. Ferrari seemed a bit shocked at the concept of Alonso overtaking another car out of the pitlane, note how MS didn't get involved and left the pitwall when they got in a huff.

I think moment of the day had to be MS presenting the trophy to Ron Dennis though

Michael schumacher had to leave the pitwall near the end to put on the most hideous shirt in the world and the most amount of gel ive ever seen in hair so he could present ron dennis with a trophy.
Quote from DeKo :Michael schumacher had to leave the pitwall near the end to put on the most hideous shirt in the world and the most amount of gel ive ever seen in hair so he could present ron dennis with a trophy.

Oh well fun trying to read between the lines
I also think Mark Webber did a tremendous job getting the Red Bull up to third.
Coulthard for me, coming from the back of the grid, and spinning on lap 1 which put him in last place. Then finishing 5th, great drive from the old boy of F1.
#15 - JCTK
Quote from pb32000 :I think the sheer number of cars piled up at Turn one warranted a red flag tbh, I was suprised it didnt come earlier.

Alonso for me, nice drive at the end, really came out of wherever he was dossing about all race to shine.

it wasn't really because of that expensive car park through~

the red flag was because it was simply too wet out there and the cars are nearly undrivable, with or without so many cars off at T1 they'd have to bring the red flag out anyway.

there're so much standing water the cars could've easily float on them.
#16 - DeKo
Yeah, in that situation the cars couldnt keep up with the safety car, a red flag, even if they really arent meant to stop the race for rain, is the only sensible thing to do.
I have to give it to hamilton i know the team made a few wrong decisions for him but he unlpapped himself and finished in 9th place thats some good going for a 22years old rookie. But the spin offs in T1 had me and my dad in stiches especialy when the safety car had to put his foot down so he didnt get hit by the f1 car coming down.
Quote from sam93 :I have to give it to hamilton i know the team made a few wrong decisions for him but he unlpapped himself and finished in 9th place thats some good going for a 22years old rookie. But the spin offs in T1 had me and my dad in stiches especialy when the safety car had to put his foot down so he didnt get hit by the f1 car coming down.

Actually Hamilton made those calls, as he admitted later on. Thats down to lack of experiance and he says he learnt a lot more in that one race than all the other ones put together.

I almost wet myself watching the highlights of the SC booting it away then seeing the car fly past.
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG