The online racing simulator
Which unit do you prefer?
(43 posts, started )

Poll : Which units do you prefer?

KPH
MPH
MPH? or KPH?
KPH as it's what I know best, although I can work out MPH easy enough.
I use MPH, well because it is what I know best in my area too...

Because I also usually try and go by MPH, it just seems easier to me to judge the top speed of a car for instance. Cars that go 200+ MPH for example :o (that's like the sweetspot).

The new Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG road car is electronically limited at 200mph so I read .
You mean 320kph
i personaly think that the metric system makes much more sense :spin:
#6 - ScHiZ
why, oh why didn't they just change over to metric when they started teaching us it ffs?
I, like many others of (ahem) my generation were taught exclusively metric at school, only to come out into the wide world and find that everything is still measured using the old imperial measurements.
I can only really relate to how 100 MPH 'feels'
or how far a mile 'seems'
how many pints it takes me to get sloshed
etc. etc.

I just can't relate to metric in the 'real world'(tm), and why? cos I never actually get to use it
weird thing is.. I understand metric very well... yet I've no idea how many ounces make up a pound, feet/mile, gills/pint, etc. cos I wasn't taught about it Cos these were the 'old' systems... soon to be replaced... PFFFT

anyone else from 'my generation'(tm) feel similarly confused?
kph been that ever since haha.
#8 - herki
kph of course! it's just that we use it here IRL too
HAs got to be MPH for me, due to the reason's already stated. In the UK we drive cars with MPH values so its only natural you use that when SimRacing.
Interesting Poll, but doesn't it very much depend on where you are in the world? Us UK driving people, have always used MPH. Speed limits and the highway code is all in MPH, so therefore my choice would be MPH.

Fordie
KPH, Right hand drive
metric time too
I'm all for the metric system, it's waaay simpler when working out more difficult stuff. But I too still use pints, inches, miles and mph, for all the manly things in my life.
mph
#14 - Gunn
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm all for the metric system, it's waaay simpler when working out more difficult stuff. But I too still use pints, inches, miles and mph, for all the manly things in my life.

I use metres for the manly things. :o
I live in Finland, everything here is in metric (thank God for that)
KPH it is.
I usually use MPH, just because that's what i'm used to (i do prefer metric measurements for most things though), although KPH works for me too. It might be partially because i watch F1, so im kinda used to that too
I use MPH because thats what my car has, and I dont want to like play LFS on kph for hours then hop in my car and be doing 100 thinking im only doing 60..mph just what im used to
KPH. In my country Kph is used only, so I prefer it...
this thread is a bit pointless no?

everyone from a country that uses mph will vote mph and everyone from a country that uses kph will vote kph.
i couldnt tell you have fast a car was going in kph (without reading the speedo) but i could tell you the distance a place is in km.

i could say how fast something was going in mph but not how far in miles

damn crazy schools
It is a pointless question that is self directed. A person will answer with what they are used to. There is no preference.

Me, I prefer Knots.

However, looking at a KPH analog speedometer, there are too many numbers on there and it is hard to read. For the digital dispay, the numbers jump around too much (Just in reference to LFS and not RL).
I use "km/h" :P
KM/h, simply because that's what I have known all my life. It's also more precise because a km/h extra is a smaller increase than a m/h extra.
Quote from Hallen :

Me, I prefer Knots. .

I Prefer Feet Per Day, what with being an ANT and all
Nooo, I thought GRC supported everything but I've only got feet per second in there.

Funny nobody has mentioned the SI unit for speed (m/s).

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG