The online racing simulator
no steering inputs.
(6 posts, started )
no steering inputs.
I have a slight snag with my LF2 programme. I can't steer. At all.

My car resolutely drives in a straight line and ignores my steering inputs, whether I use the mouse or the keyboard. Oddly enough, the graphical display in-cockpit shows me working the wheel, its just that this doesn't have any effect on the driving physics.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

I'd be terribly grateful.
Can you post a replay? Do some driving, press 2 and call it something. You'll find it in your LFS/Data/spr or mpr folders (depends if single or multiplayer when you record the replay).

Never heard of this before.

Edit (after Bogey's post): You ARE braking for corners right? Say, T1 in GTi at Blackwood = ~40mph (64km/h I guess). And not flooring it whilst turning. I've assumed you know a little bit about driving.
understeer? try GTT

replay will help diagnose this for sure.

it could be that you might be used to NFS "no brakes" cornering
I can't post a replay either, I'm afraid. My replay doesn't work because it flashes the OOS error message. This means Out of Sync, apparently, and may denote a corrupted file, which may be the root of my problem.

And no, I have not modded my copy of LFS2. In fact, I have uninstalled and re-installed it many times.

And yes, I know how to drive "a bit". I used to be a good standard club racer in Real Life (remember that?), so I need no lectures on braking, understeer or such, please. Actually, I took out the leader of a Formula Ford race (and myself) on the last lap with a badly judged lunge 3 corners from the end in 1992 at Thruxton, so that last bit may not be entirely true. On the bright side, my brother, who was trailling a distant third at the time, breezed home to claim his first (and only) win, so all was not lost. And now I'm reduced to playing racing sims that aren't working and yelling at the pc when my steering fails to work. At least crashes aren't expensive when U play LFS.

The problem seems to be software related, and a Developer has been trying to help me (bless him - nice one Victor!) but to no avail. Its such an odd problem.

I wonder if anyone else has been getting corrupted files downloaded from the Uk mirrors?
Another idea: Did you try Single Player yet? The Out of Sync points me to a multiplayer problem... Both Sync and steering could be due to a bad server connection, but this shouldn't happen in SP.
#6 - Krane
Something you can try..

Does the tires turn when you steer?
Check the suspension and steering setting in pit, make car as high as possible with maximum steering lock
Close all programs controlling or affecting mouse and keyboard
Uninstall all programs controlling or affecting mouse and keyboard not necessary for them to function

Also you could post your PC specs (including peripheral devices)

@huxorator:
OOS isn't exclusive to multiplayer, it happens in single player too eg if you get a replay which was played with LFS Tweak and you try to view the replay without it.

no steering inputs.
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG