The online racing simulator
***spoilers European Gp***
(191 posts, started )
Why'd LH just get a IV after that crash???

Looked like quite a bit of Neck movement despite the HANS device?

Our coverage said he would get to keep his current starting spot. I thought there was a pentalty for changing cars?
It looked like a heavy impact, but at least he was waving as he entered the ambulance.
Its standard stuff, theres any number of injuries he could have. When you slow down so quickly you could potentially have internal injuries. I'm sure he was just winded or has sustained some kind of leg or foot injury, but they are always ultra careful.

Can you imagine what Alonso is thinking now, I mean they fixed the problem but it has to dent your confidence slightly.
Aparently a wheel gun failed meaning the right front wheel wasn't on properly.:something
Doh!Shrug
I swear I saw a group of ducks waddle across infront of the car Uh-hu
Well, one lap to go
Its Kimi, Hamilton back to 10th

EDIT! WHAT a save by Alonso!
What a strange accident for LH, I'm glad he's turned out to be OK! Smile
Every time I miss a session something exciting happens.

Had a house full of hung-over people today and we didn't get breakfast finished until qualifying was over. Frown
I hope Hamilton can race tomorrow, he has 10th spot if the engine from the crashed car can be used. The bad weekend had to come some day, but this wasn't the best way though. Bad luck for him.

Oh, almost forgot. Go Kimi!
Mclaren have found the cause of the problem...
Attached images
mclaren fault.jpg
this is a great opportunity for Kimi and Fernando to claw some points back on his championship lead now.

This will probably end lewis' 'podium in every race' trend.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, this is meant to be one of LH's best tracks, and I expect he will do a smililar thing to Massa. If he has to start at the back then it will be even better, no podium but it should make the racer interesting. For those waiting for LH to do something really special, perhaps if he races this will be when he does it.
TBH if he does race tomorrow i don't think he will be able to do much in terms of overtaking. IN silverstone we saw Massa fly through the back 12 or so drivers but as soon as he hit the BMW's, the aerodynamics struggled and he was stuck behind them collecting all of the 'warm' air they were releasing.

I'm not a Lewis Hamilton fan so i'm allways going to be arguing against him but we shall se if he races tomorrow what he is capable of.
If he starts 10th then I think he will cut through to the podium, but if he starts from the back or the pitlane then I expect him to do exactly what Massa did and just about get into the top 10.
Bad luck for Hamilton but I don't see any way that Hamilton's getting on the podium tomorrow if Alonso and the two Ferrari's are still racing. But anyhow, good luck to Hamilton and the top three!
Quote from Clownpaint :
I think people are overrating the Ferrari's a bit. Before Hamilton went out he was going fastest, and we all saw what Alonso did with that mistake. I feel the Mclaren is the stronger car this weekend.

edit: The Ferrari's had slower best times too, from the combined sessions.

Well, from quali speeds it's hard to tell who is fastest in the race, especially with the silly fuel rules. McLaren might be faster than Ferrari, or not, tomorrow will tell, they have been quite close in the practice I think.
I just want to point out that this year, there is no "European GP", this is the German GP.

Im just pointing it out, i have nothing better to do.
My mistake. This clears up the confusion.

"However, the name for the 2007 Grand Prix was later changed. While originally intended to be the German Grand Prix[1], the Nürburgring currently lists the 2007 event as "Großer Preis von Europa" (European Grand Prix).[2]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Grand_Prix
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Mclaren have found the cause of the problem...

Those bloody ducks, they get everywhere.

I just watched the crash on YouTube and it didn't luck fun. He was lucky to come out unhurt, though sucks for his points, the commentator said shortly before he crashed that he seemed to be the fastest in the sector. Would appear the commentators curse claims another victim.
.6 under the best weekend time just in Sector 1, he was on a cooker.

Look for the Mclarens to be quick tomorrow, as they really should've been 1-2 in qual on speed alone.
#25 - Gunn
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Would appear the commentators curse claims another victim.

If the commentator's curse were a real phenomenon LH would have been killed by James Allen fifty times over before he even put his race suit on. Cool

If LH starts from 10th he might very well snatch two or three positions when the lights go out and therefore could be on the tail of the leading pack within the first few laps.

(191 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG