The online racing simulator
#76 - J.B.
Quote from sinbad :Hey, if it makes you feel better when you lose, then go ahead assuming everybody in front of you is only there because they're playing the game more than you are. If you can't accept that people are all different, and what comes easily to someone can be hard for someone else, then you're living in a different world to most of us.

Real successful sportsmen, especially racing drivers, are no different. As long as they can find a straw to grasp on they can still tell themselves they are the best in the world, bar none. Notice how none of the drivers in close competion to Lewis Hamilton have ever complimented him on his driving?
two things and then i'll get my coat:

1) a psychiatrist must have a medical doctor's degree, so you can't be one "unofficially", and furthermore, a supposed counsellor would have a lot more self control and objectivity than DieKolkrabe has

2) nobody on the "talent counts" side of the argument is trying to take anyone down. they are just being realistic, and if the truth hurts, that's just tough. Leprekaun, i checked your stats, and you are faster than me, so i definitely wouldn't say that your driving is shite. i would contend that your attitude is, however. you are faster than me because you have more talent than i have, but you are slower than bawbag, because you have less talent than he has. of course experience does matter as well, but if we all had the same amount of experience, we would still be separated by talent. to deny the truth of this and grasp at excuses for why your lap times don't measure up is quite lame. why do you care so much what people think of you? i'm slow, but my mother loves me anyway, and that's good enough for me.
*Ignores the bickering*

I don't think talent plays no part whatsoever, I think if you have less "talent" than someone else, you will need to concentrate/practice harder to challenge them.

However I don't think talent is as much a significant factor as people think, and lack of it can be overcome with concentration, belief and determination.
Reason why I'm taking this to a much more serious level because this form of thinking relates to real racing, does it not?. I apologise for my aggressive tone but when people tell me that I'm not talented, considering that I take my driving ability very seriously, just hurts quite a bit. When one person says it, it can be ignored but when a load of people say it, I mean, put yourself in my shoes. How would you feel if a load of people told you that you're not talented? I'm not just stating about a slither of talent but I compete to be the best, not second or third best, but to be #1. Thats how I race and you can see it through my racing. I admit, I sometimes have a crappy attitude, its a flaw in character that I'm trying to fix but you know, people can say that a driver's skill is based upon talent and thats fine, thats an opinion, I don't necessarily have to agree with it but its fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Reason why I got pissed is because there are those who have chosen to mention my name and compare it to others which wasn't on. I actually stated AGES ago in this thread that I admit that Bawbag and the likes are faster than I am and then all I said was that if I keep at it for a while, I could perhaps reach their level but then people beat me down by telling me that it'll NEVER happen.

I was being perfectly friendly in this thread, some people chose to get nasty and also, have missed VITAL points in my very long post near the end of Pg. 1 but then thats when the sh*t happened because people didn't read my post thoroughly as I thoroughly read theirs.
To be fair Leprekaun, saying things about your good ability (whether true or not) isn't going to get you support from the forums...

But anyway, anything you say now is just digging you deeper. Who cares what people say? If you know how good you are then that's what counts surely?

Edit: If you believe you are the best, that's good, as you will be better in LFS because of it, but it isn't going to get you many fans by saying it on the public forum.
Lep, I don't mean to offend you, but considering that many people (involving those with less driven distance) are capable of driving faster than you it seems that you are not among the most talented drivers... there is nothing wrong with it, I don't know why you take it so seriously... And that you always try your best etc. has nothing to do with talent, talent determines how fast you will be able to go with a determined amount of practice.

I am not talented at painting for example, I won't "beat" Picasso even if I try my best And I don't feel bad if others say I can't paint.
Lep, you've obviously taken this whole thread in the wrong light as I can see no one intentionally trying to offend you. And like you said everyone can have their opinions and you don't mind what they are, so practice what you preach and move on.

DieKoll, Your post was pretty bloody amusing but I have no idea why your dream occupation has any influence on a discussion concerning driver talent. I hope you don't feel offended that I go ahead and add that into my signature as a quote, cause I think its cool
Quote from csimpok :Lep, I don't mean to offend you, but considering that many people (involving those with less driven distance) are capable of driving faster than you it seems that you are not among the most talented drivers... there is nothing wrong with it, I don't know why you take it so seriously... And that you always try your best etc. has nothing to do with talent, talent determines how fast you will be able to go with a determined amount of practice.

I am not talented at painting for example, I won't "beat" Picasso even if I try my best And I don't feel bad if others say I can't paint.

Quote from Leprekaun :when people tell me that I'm not talented, considering that I take my driving ability very seriously, just hurts quite a bit.

Thats why csimpok, thats why it upsets me because I care about racing a lot and I actually want to get into real life racing.
Well ok then ignore my post and good luck in real racing
nobody has actually said, Lep has no talent, people have meerly stated that people that are beating/have beat lep have MORE talent. see the difference?

Experience and talent come into driving. More experience gets you closer to the limit but so does more talent, the only thing being if you have more talent you'll get there faster and you will be able to get to a higher limit than most others. My best example is as already used, FZR@AS3 i know pretty much that i've reached my limit on that combo for now, but with more experience on LFS i'll soon get to and beat that limit. But I know that theres many people with more talent than me that will hit the limit that i hit in half the time!
Quote from DaveWS :To be fair Leprekaun, saying things about your good ability (whether true or not) isn't going to get you support from the forums...

But anyway, anything you say now is just digging you deeper. Who cares what people say? If you know how good you are then that's what counts surely?

Edit: If you believe you are the best, that's good, as you will be better in LFS because of it, but it isn't going to get you many fans by saying it on the public forum.

You're right, absolutely right. I shouldn't care about what others think as long as I feel I can become better. I never stated I was the best , I just said that I know I can be with the right amount of practice <- Personal opinion.
Quote from Leprekaun :Thats why csimpok, thats why it upsets me because I care about racing a lot and I actually want to get into real life racing.

if you want to race in real life then do it! i have a friend who is consistently 2 seconds slower than me in LFS, but who races Solo 1 in real life (in a Porsche 911, no less), and he loves it. of course he'll probably never end up with millions of dollars worth of sponsorship, but that doesn't stop him from having a ton of fun.
@rooble. My 'dream occupation'?

@sinbad. No you don't. Hence my 'unofficial'. I don't claim to be a medical doctor, Nor did I say I was. I said I was an unofficial psychologist/psychiatrist. In a strictly un-official capacity.

DK
I just wanna say:

Thanks alot to Reppoh for the set and the replay(not necesarily in that order).

I really like your set. I also like to just leave it in 2nd and I don't feel like I have to fight this set as much. The replay should be a huge help to me to learn why I am so slow.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I don't give a shit if you all hate me. I do my talking out on the track. Why don't you people as well? Come on, or are you all chicken?

Did anyone else find this ironic? If you do your talking on the track why are you posting?

Are people really so thin skinned around here?
I don't believe you, if you say that you haven't been aware of such reactions.
You were searching for this confrontation and you got what you want.

Nobody is saying that you aren't talented Lep, you are fast, but perhaps you take it a little bit to serious with beeing the best.

There exists a thing called "talent", that's proved. The only problem is, that you can't quantify the talent and that's what makes competition interesting.
ok, Lep, i dont think that anybody really said that you have no talent - you have bags of it imo. Its your attitude that is shite. I am really slow, but i dont really care, i know experience plays a big part and thats why you are much better than me, you have said to me before that you have been playing for around 4 or 5 years, i have been playing for 7 months, and it shows. Of course, you obviously have alot more natural talent than i have, due to personal experiences(?), and it shows too.

You've just lost a losing battle, get over it, you will never be as fast as Bawbag(unless he quits or whatever) or whoever for that matter.

It might sound like im putting you down, but im just giving my opinion
Quote from Leprekaun :Thats why csimpok, thats why it upsets me because I care about racing a lot and I actually want to get into real life racing.

So if you were the fastest at LFS, and someone comes along and (with no evidence to back this claim up) states that talent is irrelevant and they would be just as fast if they spent as much time as you do (implying you spend more than anyone else) you wouldn't even post a response?

Quote :I don't think you were paying attention or got my point in my post. I stated that he IS better than me because of track and car time. Those who believe that some drivers are JUST better than others is a load of cr*p IMO.

Quote from mrbogeyman :Ahhh, I'm just glad that I raced Bawbag when he first started playing LFS...that way I think I can say fairly safely that I beat him a couple of times before he started handing my ass to me regularly!

I beat him by about six seconds in a 30-lap LX6 / AS Club race once!

He got a drive-through penalty in his pit stop.
Er, skill cannot be measured by mere statistics.

I mean, I have been on lfs for over a year and a half, and I am probably worse than a lot of people around here. Especially in non-demo cars

It's all on circumstances, who knows, maybe a person can beat you today, but not tomorrow. It happens.

You can't measure skill. Even in a competition, there is always a circumstance.

About DieKolkrabe's psychiatrist thing, I think everyone is a psychiatrist. On the inside. A qualification is a way to show that some random stranger told you how people work and that he said you are a psychiatrist.

Everyone interprets one another in a way, and so who is a psychiatrist to say what you are thinking? They may be correct in some cases, but maybe they are very observant. Maybe they aren't right but they made it sound like they were.

So there is always this one thing changing it, therefore skill is just an illusion of competition, in my opinion.
Leprekaun you're upset because people are implying you don't have as much talent as people like bawbag. But in a previous post of yours you say that "The word talent for me is something to explain that someone is very good at what they do BASED upon the amount of practice, dedication, determination and experience". But this is completely wrong. Talent is NOT based on experience. Practice implies experience. Determination and dedication are extras. But talent has nothing to do with them. Talent is the natural abilities that you are born with, such as hand-eye coordination and the like. Talent does not imply that you know how to take a corner. It just means you can take it in a unique way compared to the next guy. That's talent, and don't ever confuse it with "experience" as they are completely different. You should not get upset if people imply you're not talented because there's nothing you can do about it. You cannot change your natural abilities, and talent doesn't change with experience. You have to understand this if you want to become a real race car driver. Also, don't set such high goals, like saying you're gonna be the fastest racer in LFSW because you're just setting yourself up for some huge disappointments. I mean, it's good to have goals in life, but realistic goals. It's ok to say that by the end of the year you will have 3 WRs, but if I told you I will be the next president of the United States would you believe me?
Quick catch-up on the soap opera:

Quote from Leprekaun :I'm a shite driver, is that what you want me to admit?

Nobody said you were a shite driver, did they? They just said you weren't the best. Nobody here is saying Ralf Schumacher is the best driver in F1 either - do you think that's unfair?

Quote from Leprekaun :nothing personal!? are you f*cking serious!? :mad:. Whats all that "Lep is shit" "You're talentless". It wasn't said but so bloody clearly implied.

I certainly don't think you're talentless, but I don't think you're the best driver around either. There's a big difference between "fast" and "fastest".

Quote from Leprekaun :I apologise for my aggressive tone but when people tell me that I'm not talented, considering that I take my driving ability very seriously, just hurts quite a bit.

Nobody's ever said that. Again, they just said you weren't the best. The day you start consistently beating the best drivers, you can tell everybody you're the best. Until then you should perhaps be a little more humble.

Then why don't you? If you really want to do something, you do it - it's called commitment. Racing drivers don't get anywhere without bags of commitment. I've heard you say before there's some issue with your dad that stops you racing, but honestly, if you wanted to do it badly enough you'd find a way.

Nobody ever gets anywhere by talking about what they want to do.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Thirdly. Believe what you want. I do my talking on the track. Not sitting behind a screen posting on a forum.

FTR I do my talking in the forum. I'm much better at the forum than I am at racing - at least I'm honest about it.
@kev:Try to come out on track sometime, K?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@kev:Try to come out on track sometime, K?

Are we still talking about LFS? You've only got 4000 miles online - are you sure you'd be there even if I did turn up?
All i know is that any of you can't hold a candle against biggie.
There, i said it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG