The online racing simulator
G25 poor downshift, any ideas ?
Hi,

I have been using a Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP for years and just got me a G25. Pls. allow me to tell you my general oppinion about the G25:
It?s quality and all this stuff, yes. But in termes of laptimes I wasn?t able to improve at all. Well, give it some more time, you might think here. And I will...

Here is my problem. I use the left shifter behind the wheel for downshifting and it?s driving me crazy. I simply can?t downshift as fast as with my former wheel. And the worst part of it. Sometimes I?d do fast downshifting and the G25 misses to downshift at all resulting in I go wide on a turn ...

So - right now I really have to have a exellent timing on my downshifting, otherwise I might get into trouble...

Whenever I use the seperate gearshifter there is no problem.
I have tried to simply change left/right side behind the wheel for up- and downshift and as I don?t need to upshift as fast as downshift all my problems are gone. Well, actually they?re not. Because I?m soo much used ( we?re talking about 10 years here, I think ) to change gears " Left side = down and Right side = up" I know blow engines instead of ...

I have tried to change the gearshift inbounce in LFS but I couldnt feel any difference. I don?t think it?s the electrical switch which is broken.
Is there a setting in the Logitech Profiler I should be aware of ?

Are there others with similar problems? Anybody has an idea what to do now?

I?m kind of afraid to send it back as this is a minor fault only and mayby not to realize by a non-sim racer.

Regards, R.Kolz
________
extreme q vaporizer
#2 - kompa
sounds like a hardware problem to me. if you go to the controller options and pull the paddles repeatedly with varying force does LFS get the button presses?
Quote from kompa :sounds like a hardware problem to me. if you go to the controller options and pull the paddles repeatedly with varying force does LFS get the button presses?

Yes, it does. That?s the strainge part of it. But for sure not always during races.
________
ferrari information
#4 - kompa
are you absolutely sure you don't have autogears enabled somehow..?
Yes. I don?t drive autogear. So - that?s not it.
________
Honda VFR1200F
#6 - DeKo
Yip, the G25 requires that you press and release, whereas my old DFP was just a button that i could rattle very quickly. Its not so much a problem, you get used to it.
Quote from R.Kolz :Yes, it does. That´s the strainge part of it. But for sure not always during races.

I have this problem on my momo too. It's just that you're not hitting the paddle hard enough.

What happens is i'll always end up more concentrated on the wheel than on my shifting, so when it comes time to up-shift, I usually just tap the shifter lightly. My problem is only on the Up-shifts though, so it doesn't really harm my racing.

Just try to start hitting the paddles harder, it's starting to turn into habit for me
Check your ingame MISC settings for gearshift debounce and set it to a lower value. It's there to prevent accidental double shifts. I've set mine to 130ms and haven't had problems. Might have to be a bit lower for cars like BF1.
Quote from DeKo :Yip, the G25 requires that you press and release, whereas my old DFP was just a button that i could rattle very quickly. Its not so much a problem, you get used to it.

I?m afraid you are right about it...
________
easy vape vaporizer
Quote from teaz-R :Check your ingame MISC settings for gearshift debounce and set it to a lower value. It's there to prevent accidental double shifts. I've set mine to 130ms and haven't had problems. Might have to be a bit lower for cars like BF1.

you are perfectly right, G25 metal paddles is 1 only metal piece of c**p. if you use 1 paddle ( left or right ) an release too quickly ( giving just a quick impulse ), it will rebound and push the other padle...

Logitech ingeniors.....
my g25 is only a month old, it has been working fine till tonight when halfway through a race the downshift (left paddle) started becoming unresponsive. It still works but I have to operate it far more slowly than I was doing.

Having just played with the paddles while sitting on the desktop the downshifter is still less responsive than the upshifter.

I hope this doesn't require a call to Logitech, getting that kind of tech support normally involves forking out to have it sent off and repaired, and if it is a design fault there'll be no guarantee that it doesn't go wrong again a month or so down the line.
Odd
I've NEVER had the problem of rebounding shifts since I've had mine (many, many months).
I had problems getting used to the paddles after having known Momo paddles for year - the Momo paddles were instant (You press and it changes instantly), while the G25 paddles are (too) soft.

I haven't noticed any difference between the two paddle - however, I had some weird paddle shifting going on two weeks ago - only experienced it 2 times during the few months I've had G25, where the up shifter (left paddle) would shift 2-3 gears extremely fast/on its own.

I have a theory though that this wasn't because of any hardware issue, but "me" since I tend to press the paddle before I need to change gear, so that I can do it faster once I need to do so.

Might have pressed it just hard enough for it to change, stop, change...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG