The online racing simulator
Licence
(15 posts, started )
Licence
Im planning on buying a S2 licence, but i read that it can be unlocked 3 times on one username. And was thinking if i could share a licence with a friend/team mate? As it says it can be unlocked on 2 computers and one spare.

3.2You will initially be able to unlock LFS S2 or later versions 3 times. This allows you to unlock on two computers and keep one spare unlock.
No, it is against the licence terms to "share" a licence with someone else.

Besides that you wouldn't bother be able to play online at the same time using the same licence. LFS will only allow 1 instance of a licence to be used at a time.
#3 - GabbO
You can unlock it on a friends computer, but it's only allowed for playing on a lan with him. Only 1 person can use the license regularly, and it's clearly im the licensing terms. You couldn't go online with two PCs shareing the same license anyway..
What you mean is that the LFS license is bound to a specific computer with a specific hardware? If I buy a new computer (let's say) every 3 months, I won't be able to unlock the lincese on the 4th computer? WHY?
#5 - bbman
No, you will be able to unlock it since you get 1 unlock every friday up to 3 unlocks (you'll never have more than 3)... The licence isn't bound to a specific hardware configuration (you will need to unlock LfS again after hardware changes though), but to a single PERSON...
It's one of the golden rules of LFS. At the end of the day, it's a one-off charge of £24 for S2, which unlocks a multitude of circuits, cars and races online. Get your friend to buy it as well, and you'll have someone else you already know to race with.

You're obviously already hooked, just take the plunge
Quote from creativesurgeon :It's one of the golden rules of LFS. At the end of the day, it's a one-off charge of £24 for S2, which unlocks a multitude of circuits, cars and races online. Get your friend to buy it as well, and you'll have someone else you already know to race with.

You're obviously already hooked, just take the plunge

pfft i cant be bothered paying that much for a game, i mite pay for the S1 licence but $52 for an S2 licence, mite as well put that into my gokart. But the thing is my friend he burnt the game on a disc and gave it to me to save me the trouble of downloading it,and when installed it to my comp, i had all his setups,replays, cars etc. Maybe we'll try installing it(S2) on his comp, then copy it to CD and hand it to me to re-install all the files including he S2 licence. I think this mite work since me and him had the same name from the start. So we mite pay 50/50 fr the price, if not we'll just have to play separatly.
Oh, now I understand.

Nice technique, actually.
#9 - bbman
#10 - Jakg
Quote from BullHorn :Oh, now I understand.

Nice technique, actually.

It's also against the rules he agreed to when he bought it.

Luckily, it won't work!
Stop him then...
Quote from Victor Vance :pfft i cant be bothered paying that much for a game, i mite pay for the S1 licence but $52 for an S2 licence, mite as well put that into my gokart.
Maybe we'll try installing it(S2) on his comp, then copy it to CD and hand it to me to re-install all the files including he S2 licence. I think this mite work since me and him had the same name from the start. So we mite pay 50/50 fr the price, if not we'll just have to play separatly.

:thumbsdow
Quote from bbman :And breaking the EULA...

I meant that it's a nice technique against pirating the game. English isn't my first language, I tend to make less than perfect sense at times.
BTW, welcome to S2 Bullhorn! Glad we could all talk you into it
Thanks.

You owe me a forum signature, you!

Licence
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG