The online racing simulator
got my skin stolen
(40 posts, closed, started )
got my skin stolen
ok this guy : drifter101 stole my team skin from skinx and told its his skin I MEAN wtf is he on about i spent 3 weeks making that and he starts to act like noob talking shit. It's been going on with other teams as well some one takes thier skins and uses it in public im seriously pissed of
Not much we can do mate...tissue?

Best think you can do is make a skin like Jakg did saying "Bah, I'm a skin Stealer" all over it and uploads it under the same name as your stolen skin. Then just upload your skin under a different name.
Quote from The General Lee :Not much we can do mate...tissue?

Best think you can do is make a skin like Jakg did saying "Bah, I'm a skin Stealer" all over it and uploads it under the same name as your stolen skin. Then just upload your skin under a different name.

good idea mate gotta do that now and i wish we could implement some sort of watermark on our skin that way no stealing
Maybe we will see some anti-skin theft thingy-ma-bob in the future
Its not like your Car got stolen, don't you think your being a geek about it?
If you take along time to make a skin and you think you will get pissed if someone steals it, don't make it. Its just like painting some crazy stuff on your car, and someone copies you, you don't get irrate about it... well normal people don't i imagine.

HAHAHA...thats brilliant and totatly f%^king funny!
When you spend weeks on something unique to you and see some other guy is using it, it must get fustrating.

I suck at making skins so if I catch anyone using my skin I tend to just direct the to Specsavers

Quote from Motordirex :HAHAHA...thats brilliant and totatly f%^king funny!

Really? Which bit?
#8 - (SaM)
Ah well, he's enjoying it. You can take that as a compliment.

Just continue enjoying your own work with those people you like hanging out with on servers. Not much you can do. There isn't a skin-police magically disrobing unauthorized skin users.
Take it as a compliment and give him the bird through your monitor

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds.
Problem is.. it`s the INTERNETZOR!

Well the thing is, when you making something that goes through internett, it turns from being private to public. I know people should not use other skins, but it happens, and there is nothing we can do about it.

But I`m no better myself, I use other skins as long as it isn`t a team skin or it stands a name on it. But if someone ever tells me that they know that skin, well then they of course have the right to be angry on me, and telling me to put it of, and I will do so.
I think the problem isn`t that people uses others skin, as long as it`s "ok" and no one tells you to put it off, but problem occurs when people tells it that it`s their skin, and that I really can understand that many of you people that makes skin are very frustrated over.
Quote from BlueFlame :Its not like your Car got stolen, don't you think your being a geek about it?
If you take along time to make a skin and you think you will get pissed if someone steals it, don't make it. Its just like painting some crazy stuff on your car, and someone copies you, you don't get irrate about it... well normal people don't i imagine.

Its a team skin.

If you arent in the team, you dont use the skin. Its as easy as that.

And also if its "just" a single private skin you dont just copy it from your skin folder and use it. The skin creator certainly isnt to blame for that.
i really don't get pissed off about ppl using my non-team based skins but i seriously get crossed if ppl use my team skin because i spend time perfecting details on those than the normal skins
one of my team members found the other day someone using my skin (which you can see in my avatar) i have that skin for several cars and it took me ages to make it. i even asked the guys who did the teeth (it is based on a RA raptor-skin) if i can use it. they said i can use the teeth if i write in the file something like: based on raptor skin by

anyway

so we found this guy. my team member tells him he should put off the skin because its mine. the guy then said, it is his skin, which isn't true. when i entered the server the guy changed the skin but said, he will use it again and i can't do anything about it. (where he had a point). the skin even contains my name on the car (Fischfix) which he was to dumb to see probably. it also had our teams website on the windshield )

so in my opinion there should be a way to tell LFS that my skins are only temporary on the machine of someone. when i or the guy who has the skin in his skins_x folder leaves the server. the skin will be deleted.

this way people who want to keep their skins private can keep them private at a certain level. ofcourse you can save it manually to an other folder but nobody will do that...

This is exactly the way to handle it. If you don't want to be particularly malicious about it, just upload a blank skin with the same name. If you do, well... there's no limit to what you could write on his car...

I personally would have a silver skin with 'Cock Piss Partridge' spray painted down the side.
Quote from zeugnimod :Its a team skin.

If you arent in the team, you dont use the skin. Its as easy as that.

And also if its "just" a single private skin you dont just copy it from your skin folder and use it. The skin creator certainly isnt to blame for that.

Right, well it makes more sense , than if it was just a single skin, but like the Norsk guy said before, if its on the internet, its public whether you like it or not but thats the point, if you don't like it, don't upload it.
Then would you upload it again a couple of weeks later with "Cook, Pass, Babtridge" on it?
Quote from Fischfix :so in my opinion there should be a way to tell LFS that my skins are only temporary on the machine of someone. when i or the guy who has the skin in his skins_x folder leaves the server. the skin will be deleted.

Great, then we would have to pay twice for the same skin, cause more load on the lfsworld-server and people like me with a low bandwidth connection can wait at every connection. A bit -1 for that one.
You could simply store the files encrypted and decrypt them while loading, much better solution imho.
He can be using actually his own skin, but with the same name as yours...

I explain: I think I've read somewhere that if you upload a skin named XRR_DUPONT1, and for a coincidence someone else uploads his own skin under the same name, LFSWorld doesn't keep him from doing it, and both skins are stored.

When you go online, you are using your skin and the other guy is using his, but since you have the skin in your skins folder, LFS doesn't download the other skin from LFSWorld, and applys your skin on the other car. So you see your skin in the other car...

I might of course be wrong about this, and if so, please enlight me...
You are right Raptor.

My team mate was using the Halfords Skin for the FXO and was horrified to find it had loads of rice decals and [FM] Stig down the side.
theres noting wrong wit a bit of rice now and again just got to know were to put it
if you don't want someone using your skin, dont put it online. if you make a nice skin, some jerk will use it without permission.
The trick I think is put your name somewhere with 50-60% opaqucy/transparency onto the car where they can't really see it.
Quote from anik360 :ok this guy : drifter101 stole my team skin from skinx and told its his skin I MEAN wtf is he on about i spent 3 weeks making that and he starts to act like noob talking shit. It's been going on with other teams as well some one takes thier skins and uses it in public im seriously pissed of

So... you made a good skin and expected no one to notice it? Did you put "do not steal this skin" anywhere on the skin? I highly doubt it and even if you did, people probably won't even notice the warning.

I'm not exactly in favor of skin stealing but any skin is hardly private once you use it online.

If you have a good skin, don't upload it online or don't use in public servers or any server where someone might use it. People are inconsiderate and always will be so keep that in mind. Do you think the person who's using your skin cares how long it took to make? No, but they admire how it looks and you should take pride in knowing that you've made something that someone's willing to use because that's all that you can do about it.
Quote from eRaptor :He can be using actually his own skin, but with the same name as yours...

I explain: I think I've read somewhere that if you upload a skin named XRR_DUPONT1, and for a coincidence someone else uploads his own skin under the same name, LFSWorld doesn't keep him from doing it, and both skins are stored.

When you go online, you are using your skin and the other guy is using his, but since you have the skin in your skins folder, LFS doesn't download the other skin from LFSWorld, and applys your skin on the other car. So you see your skin in the other car...

I might of course be wrong about this, and if so, please enlight me...

No, it won't let you upload, I tryed to upload one of my RB4 skins the other day, but couldn't due to name, and it asks if its the same skin, and then says if its not, to re-name it.

There must be a simple way to implement an anti-piracy system, that n00bs can't figure out, like adding a bit to the beginning of the file and LFS won't load the skin with that bit there.
This thread is closed

got my skin stolen
(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG