Soon to buy a steering wheel!
Hello Racers, Drifters and Wreckers,

I saw there was a couple of $$$ waiting to be spend in my little pig so I thought I'd wisely spend it by buying a (real) steering wheel. I already own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 360 controler, but it's crap so I'll change it for something better. I don't know what to choose yet. My budget it kinda loose and a G25 is in my mind, thought I'd like your opinion on other steering wheels. I mainly race 'street' cars and I like to drift sometimes. And clutch and a shifter are absolutely needed in my case. The DFP doesn't have a clutch and I don't see any other choice than that (Let's forget the Frex wheel ). Can somone help me?

thanks
You wont be disappointed if you cash up for a G25... I got mine two days ago.
#3 - Jakg
Quote from Riders Motion :Hello Racers, Drifters and Wreckers,

I saw there was a couple of $$$ waiting to be spend in my little pig so I thought I'd wisely spend it by buying a (real) steering wheel. I already own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 360 controler, but it's crap so I'll change it for something better. I don't know what to choose yet. My budget it kinda loose and a G25 is in my mind, thought I'd like your opinion on other steering wheels. I mainly race 'street' cars and I like to drift sometimes. And clutch and a shifter are absolutely needed in my case. The DFP doesn't have a clutch and I don't see any other choice than that (Let's forget the Frex wheel ). Can somone help me?

thanks

link in my sig.

Get the G25 and you won't be disapointed though!
If you have the cash, why is the choice so difficult that threads are made about it? You can clearly see that by reading this forum, or RSC, or, well, any forum that has to do with cars/racing, that the G25 is the wheel to get. Aside from that, you can clearly see the benefits along with the problems with the DFP/Momo is you can not afford the G25. What is there to ask about this question?

It's not like there are hundreds of wheels out there and they are being obsolete within weeks like graphics cards or PC's in general....
If you don't want to spend so much on a wheel, you could get a DFP and use the pedals from your current wheel for a clutch. You still wouldn't have a gated shifter, but from what I've heard the G25's shifter is the weak part of the package anyway.
G25 would be your best bet.

Then, in the future if you really wanted you can replace the G25 wheel itself with a real wheel. You can change the shifter knob aswell, i've just made a sequential extension tube, where I take the knob off the shifter, then slide this tube over the existing rod. It extends it by about 4X, which makes GTR driving all the more enjoyable.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG