The online racing simulator
Quote from sweetreid :I love wikipedia, I've edited the article for more accuracy, tho i'm sure the innacurate version will appear soon.

That's the wrong way doing it... because that kind of edit is not even taken seriously in wikipedia.

I now edited it from "ProStreet will move closer to racing simulation" to "ProStreet will move closer to more realistic gameplay". Let's see does that stay there longer than 10 minutes.

edit: Didn't last long, about hour later it was already reverted
well, at least they´ve got a RS4 in it.
nfs has always been fun , i hate people calling that game ricer then they go play forza and gt4 where you can ricer the cars there also

hope this one will be better then carbon
Alright, I'm gonna come out and say it. I'm a pretty big fan of the NFS series. *Dons flame suit, buries head in sand*

That's where I got my start in racing games. WAaaay back when getting owned by my brother in NFS II on the PS1. Eventually we upgraded to NFS: High Stakes, and things went from there.

Could I tell you why I like them? Not really. I just think they're really *fun games and make a good change of pace from my simulator side. I will be buying it.

Now, back to the game. EA is planning on moving toward a simulator. As of yet we don't know just how far they're going with it. We don't know much at all. We do know that it's moving back to the tracks, and EA is talking about much more in-depth performance tuning. We also know of a damage model. Sounds like it's gonna be amusing if you ask me

*NFS:C is an exception to most things stated about the NFS series.
Quote from Leprekaun :Thats just some text to lure 12 year olds to say "Oh man! did you see the new NFS game!!? its sweeet!" "The graphics are kickass!" then his clever friend says "what about the physics?" Kid: "Who cares about physics!? Graphics RULEZ!!!"

Now they will be like "The new NFS is like a simulator, it's like real life!!" "Yeaaaah, wickiiid!!".
maybe we have a new class of game: simulricer!
#32 - Guby
Well I for one, think it's gonna look good, but here's the thing, The wikipedia doesn't have anything but summary, look at the need for speedro street website, and you MIGHT be amazed.
#33 - JTbo
Quote from deggis :from Need for Bling: Burnout Series to Official Dorifto Game? Hooray.

Actually the burnout games had pretty good drifting..

Quote from Xaid0n :America gets everything before europe

Japan gets everything before America.
Quote from kurent :I never knew how they never get sued for misleading the public with those rendered "screenshots"...from the trailer.

Every time a hyped up game comes along they release this fantastic looking trailer that pretty much shows you nothing of how the game will be like, but still people believe it's actual gameplay.

Advertisement, my friend. They just want to make money-who can blame them? Who doesn't?

Quote from BlakjeKaas :^^ agree.

It's just that the screens are better than the game...

That is just bad.

btw: which NFS do you think is best?

/me thinks NFS: Porsche.

I liked the oldest NFS games--Need for speed Hot Pursuit->Hot Pursuit 2 were my favs. But Most Wanted, I would have to admit, wasn't too bad.

Quote from DodgeRacer :Its not a sim racer, but its a great fun game series.

+1
i can tell right now by looking at the trailers and sceenshots that this game is going to be just like motorstorm was.really kick ass videos and screenies with super real damage and physics.then the real game comes out and all that gets washed away.ive played motor storm at target there is really no accual damedge to the car just a bunch of peices fall of. and the damage that there is to the car is the same every single time. that is one of the things i like about lfs's damage. it is always different you never have the same crash twice. and i hope they dont screw that up when they add peices that fall off and stuff like alot of games do.
TBH Project gotham racing 4 when its released. PGR is just more fun then the last few incarnations of nfs. And well the car list is just pants wettingly good compared to nfs. Skyline or ferrari 288 gto? And it looks damn good, even on an sd tv set PGR3 looks sexy.

LFS for simming, PGR for arcade sillyness and fun powersliding round corners and battling with mates after a few tins.
nfs porsche was pretty cool.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21359.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21368.html

In the second link video, at 00:00:10, I bet that's actually real life material with just some colour filters. The same corner with same car, same angle comes later in the vid. So that's not even CGI and looks like they're trying to bullshit making it look like gameplay. LOL but actually then I got pissed. They get their hands on real life data and use it for shit like this. How f*cked up is that?

Quote from deggis :http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21359.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21368.html

In the second link video, at 00:00:10, I bet that's actually real life material with just some colour filters. The same corner with same car, same angle comes later in the vid. So that's not even CGI and looks like they're trying to bullshit making it look like gameplay. LOL but actually then I got pissed. They get their hands on real life data and use it for shit like this. How f*cked up is that?

It is real life material with some colour filters, nobody is saying they're showing ingame footage there, only the start and the end.
Here we go...............

I actually quite enjoyed NFS:Carbon.............(runs and hides)
Tbh, I never had a real dislike to the NFS series, all games were ok to me but I did especially enjoy Porsche Unleashed, that one was very good . I didn't mind the idea of them trying the tuning scene with NFSU but when they say that it was a "one off" thing and then go make NFSU2, I lost a lot of respect and then lo and behold, NFS: MW and then NFS: Carbon so clearly EA are full of shit, no doubt about that. Oh and wait! isn't pro street gonna be the same sh*t all over again? . I don't mind playing NFS but what I do hate is those who claim its "realistic". I mean, for a second, from what my m8 told me about NFS: MW being realistic and I thought "ok, we'll see what its like" played it and I could take a bloody hairpin at max throttle!!! .

LFS -> Realistic

NFS -> Claims to be realistic but are full of cr*p.

Rant over
Quote from sgt.flippy :It is real life material with some colour filters, nobody is saying they're showing ingame footage there, only the start and the end.

Yes they didn't claim so but it's obviously made look like gameplay video, why would they use the colour filters on it if they didn't want to do that. That's just pretty low from the devs. Blind fanboys regard everything real gameplay, you've seen that many times happening with CGI trailers...
I tried many racing games and never saw a better one than LFS.(netkar pro is another good one imo.) So i don't believe in any "-realistic physics, improved damage system...etc.."

Of course i think there will be a better simulation than S2, but it will be called S3.
It's gonna be so PRO, that you can drive it with 3 fingers on a keyboard
Quote from Polaxis :It's gonna be so PRO, that you can drive it with 3 fingers on a keyboard

Yay! you can even drift with 3 fingers. What an end to useless wheels.
EDIT: Deleted

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG